where are you from based on how you talk

Help Support CattleToday:

The 3 places it put me was Oakland, ca, Scottsdale,AZ and wash dc. 50 years ago I was stationed in Norfolk, that's almost dc and san francisco, that's close to oakland. Never been anywhere near scottsdale. Although I think Rugers are made there and I do own several Rugers. Born in wisconsin, raised in seattle and now living in MO.

greybeard":3n3ecsk2 said:
Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Jackson Miss.
I've never lived in any of them--I did live about 100 miles west of Baton Rouge tho.

Many of the questions, I could have said yes to several of the choices.

That's the same 3 cities it showed for me. They may need to adjust their estimates west a couple hundred smiles.

Was quite accurate for where I was born and raised. I suspect it's less accurate if you are older and have moved around a lot? I was raised in the Midwest and never knew what the heck a soda was (it was called pop), but now I probably use a lot of terms interchangeably.

Interesting quiz, thanks!

That's impressive, put me in Springfield, that's 60 miles away, but the closest town it would have come up with. The other 2 it had me in were in Kentucky and Tennessee, and that's pretty good because I'm in those states 2 or 3 days every week.

Rafter S":2hc5ltij said:
On the question about soft drinks, I grew up calling it "soda water", but that wasn't one of the options.
I'll pose this to the hardcore East Tennesseans.. I used to live in Morristown and my son was born there.

I was told the old timers there called a soda, dope.

I've taken it twice and twice it told me an error occurred...... I don't think I can tolerate taking it again.

Caustic Burno":3lr7p85t said:
TB that was equivalent to four years at Harvard.
No joke. There are definitely some "unique" people and places down there and quite a few that just "give you the look" and you go on your way quietly and quickly.

It put me in Lexington, KY, which is only about 25 miles away, then the other two were Chattanooga, TN, and Little Rock, AR. Kind of glad it listed my possibilities as all from the south. Actually, a lot of the choices for the terms were not quite what we use around here but some were close. Mountain lions ain't supposed to be here, so how do know what to call them. I drove up to one of them round about things, a few months ago in Lexington, my wife had to guide me through the be nice thing. As for the strips of grass between streets or curbs, I'd just call them a waste of space.

Latest posts