• 3)Aquamation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4)It does not matter

Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

alisonb

Reaction score
Would you prefer a traditional burial, cremation or aquamation(see the aquamation process isn't legal in every U.S. state).

So will it be bacteria, fire or water?

How do you all feel about aquamation?

We own a commercial building that is next door to a crematorium. The giant puffs of black smoke have made me fully committed to a traditional burial.

I want to go to medical school. That way I can make a difference. But that's only if what I've got doesn't get donated as I'm an organ donor.

sim.-ang.king said:
Does burial include being buried in a manure pile, and then spread over the pasture after composting?
Cremation and spread ashes in the pasture and have you friends or family be sure and see if the grass and weeds grow greener where they strew you.

I want a head stone. One that sticks up so the guy on the lawn mower has to go around. I have been getting in peoples way all my life, I would like to continue after I am gone.

Mom's grave has a flat head stone. Every time I go there I have to clean off the grass clippings to make sure it is the right one.

alisonb said:
Would you prefer a traditional burial, cremation or aquamation(see the aquamation process isn't legal in every U.S. state).

So will it be bacteria, fire or water?

How do you all feel about aquamation?

Are you ok????

Personally, I have no interest in the subject. Once that biological clock stops ticking, nothing matters.

I'm invincible so don't need to worry. But if someone hangs kryptonite around my neck and that day comes i would like to go to the vultures. Might need to go to India or some place like that though.

Just dig a hole next to wherever I dropped and roll me in. Unless I happen to be in Illlinois, then get me the heck outta there, and don't pay the toll on the way home.

sim.-ang.king said:
Does burial include being buried in a manure pile, and then spread over the pasture after composting?
Buried is buried no matter where, bacteria will do it's number on you body unless the wolves or neighbours dogs dig you out first :p

Bright Raven said:
Are you ok????

Personally, I have no interest in the subject. Once that biological clock stops ticking, nothing matters.

:lol2: I think so...

Was more wondering what everyone's feelings were towards aquamation...but nobody is sharing that :(

alisonb said:

Was more wondering what everyone's feelings were towards aquamation...but nobody is sharing that :(

;-) Well, it is a chilling subject.

I suspect some population biologist somewhere has calculated the carrying capacity of the earth. When the population is putting extreme pressure on the available resources, we may be processing dead humans into consumable food. There is a movie "Soylent Green" with a young Charlton Heston on that subject.

alisonb said:
sim.-ang.king said:
Buried is buried no matter where, bacteria will do it's number on you body unless the wolves or neighbours dogs dig you out first :p

Bright Raven said:
Are you ok????

I think that if buried at sea with no cloths the crabs would have the flesh removed pretty quick and then other marine organisms would work on the bones. A whale is devoured to the last bone when they die and sink to the bottom of the sea. But it takes some time for this to happen.

I must say, funerals and burials are certainly changing. I was on another forum a while back, and someone was asking if laughing was okay a funeral. Many jumped in and stated that they wanted their funeral to be a party, telling jokes, playing rock music, etc.

I'm 51, and I've been to many, many funerals and funeral home visitations in my day, and not all were family or close friends. Every one I have ever attended in my 51 years has been very similar: it was a somber, sad occasion, there was gospel music played, and a preacher took care of the funeral. The day I experience something different after 51 years, I'm sure it will strike me as odd. So, I can't even fathom aquamation.

herofan said:
I must say, funerals and burials are certainly changing. I was on another forum a while back, and someone was asking if laughing was okay a funeral. Many jumped in and stated that they wanted their funeral to be a party, telling jokes, playing rock music, etc.

I'm 51, and I've been to many, many funerals and funeral home visitations in my day, and not all were family or close friends. Every one I have ever attended in my 51 years has been very similar: it was a somber, sad occasion, there was gospel music played, and a preacher took care of the funeral. The day I experience something different after 51 years, I'm sure it will strike me as odd. So, I can't even fathom aquamation.

I understand. We are both Kentucky hillbillies. I am 69, so older but I rarely go to a funeral. Maybe 8 in my entire life. I went to the funerals for mom and dad. For some reason, dad's funeral was somber but for some reason mom's was not. Mom was a very lighthearted and free spirit. She took life better than anyone I have ever, ever known. She could look at anything and laugh or find the hidden good.

There was a whole lot of laughing at mom's funeral and everyone loved her.

Latest posts