What were you doing when the ball dropped?

Help Support CattleToday:

I was playing games with a group of friends from church. I didn't wait too long afterwards to find my bed, though.

I, too, was sleeping.

Today I cut back some roses, put hay out for the cows and some for the goats, washed dishes, nothing really special. Not this year anyhow.

Happy 2014.

Katherine

whilst the ball was dropping in your neck of the woods I was sleeping as it was way past midnight, we are about 10 - 11 hours in front, come to think of it I was probably up about to have breakfast after a good nights sleep.

I was listening to the dogs to try to figure out what they had cornered and then decided I didn't give a $hit and went back to sleep for another hour before it was time to get up for work.

Chrissy, you're 8 hours ahead of us west coasters, about 5 ahead of the easterners

I was actually driving home... didn't bother with the hubbub..

We were drinking Veuve Clicquot with friends after an incredible seafood dinner . Nothing better than ending the year with great friends , fabulous food and a lot of laughter .

We were all fast asleep by the time the ball dropped.

My mom's family has a little place down the road, we ate like kings and spent time with family/friends. My three year old had a steak with his great grandpa and they greeted everyone at front door.

taking a walk under the stars at midnight to see how many of the neighbours were doing fireworks. Then came back and introduced myself to the cats as their first foot.
And then the phone rang.
I just knew that phone was going to ring whether I celebrated the New Year or not!

regolith":3ui2wswx said:
taking a walk under the stars at midnight to see how many of the neighbours were doing fireworks. Then came back and introduced myself to the cats as their first foot.
And then the phone rang.
I just knew that phone was going to ring whether I celebrated the New Year or not!

Isn't it your bday on the Jan 1st too Rego ??

Happy Birthday !!! :tiphat:

hillsdown":18ywu2d2 said:
regolith":18ywu2d2 said:
And then the phone rang.

Isn't it your bday on the Jan 1st too Rego ??

Happy Birthday !!! :tiphat:

I got spared from listening to the happy birthday song over the phone this year :) but did get to hear my niece and nephew that I haven't seen since they were a toddler and newborn. Yeah, I never could go out for Hogmany incognito, someone always knew.

Riding around the ranch with one of my sons hunting hogs by spotlight on a Kawasaki Mule

Watching the movie "Heat" with my daughter and sister. We have all been sick with colds! :( Great movie though!! Funnnnnny!
Usually sleep through the "Ball drop." Just another day........

I was in one of my storage sheds taking care of a new bull calf that his first time mama wouldn't take. Little feller seems to be doing ok though.

I too was sound asleep. Missed it all. No one seemed to miss me. It is all good.

New year means paying property taxes again and Uncle Sam wants a big cut of the nickels I managed to hang on to. Not much else.

Latest posts