What were you doing when the ball dropped?

Help Support CattleToday:

I wonder how much New Years celebrations have slowed. On my way home there was a train blocking the road so I rerouted through town. It was 1:00 in the morning and things were pretty darn quiet. I have seen things busier on an ordinary Friday or Saturday night. I went past several clubs and bars that in the past had pretty big New Years parties. Their parking lots were pretty empty.

Dave":uanjygjf said:
I wonder how much New Years celebrations have slowed. On my way home there was a train blocking the road so I rerouted through town. It was 1:00 in the morning and things were pretty darn quiet. I have seen things busier on an ordinary Friday or Saturday night. I went past several clubs and bars that in the past had pretty big New Years parties. Their parking lots were pretty empty.

It is a good night to stay home. Off the roads. No one wants to go out when there are extra patrols and a .08 blood alcohol limit. People who party-hardy or drink anything alcoholic are often staying at hotels, where you can go from the party to the room. Or Vegas. If anyone goes to a private party, the host has enough beds for all (and they take your keys at the door).

Dave":q2z2z9sl said:

Noticed there were a lot of family get togethers planned this year. Wondered if it was just a sign of my age and my circle of people. Then again it could be Phil's influence :lol: Who knows?

I was asleep by 9:30.

Seems like a lot of the local churches had something going on here this year. Huge fight at one of the local bars where a guy was ambulanced out.

You guys sound like nursing home residents. I sat here and enjoyed one good stout drink, watched a bit of football and was asleep by 9 PM. I didn't know if the ball dropped, fell, floated off or was shot down.

Happy New Year everyone.

Latest posts