***What SHould I Do***

Help Support CattleToday:

la4angus":18hf66mo said:
Case IH":18hf66mo said:
I had one guy go in on a 4-wheeler, he finally found her and got her headed towards our property, I got over on our property where the gate is to the property line called some of our cows up there and gave them some corn so if the cow did come to the property line she would see the cows eating. Well beleive it or not she came all the way through the brush, I seen her coming, opened the gate and right out she went with the other cows in the pasture.
Aint it funny how easy it is to do something when you have someone that knows how to do it instead of sit back and whine. He got on the 4 wheeler, found her and got her headed to your property. Whoopie Dooo. You said it couldn't be done. Aint you an ace.
Don't give him such a hard time La4. He might not know how to drive a 4-wheeler! ;-)

He went in on the 4-wheeler to a place we hadnt checked before, he did not run the cow with the 4-wheeler to my property line, he told me he got within 30 yards of the cow on the 4-wheeler, she jumped up and took off running, he said he ran her on foot for about 40 yards and that was it.

Case IH":m9vus8om said:
And la4angus, we can weed you out to since you are the one that leaves smart ass answers on posts. :eek:

Hey now, I like la4angus!
Any angus man is ok in my book. :p
bif

Anyway,

Glad she's caught. You did put her in a corral where she couldn't get out from until you sell her right? Please say yes.

Glad you caught the cow, I don't know if I've ever seen a string go over 100 posts for something simple like this.

cypressfarms":p02a21m6 said:
Anyway,

Glad she's caught. You did put her in a corral where she couldn't get out from until you sell her right? Please say yes.

Glad you caught the cow, I don't know if I've ever seen a string go over 100 posts for something simple like this.

Cyrpess, I had no idea it would turn out like this either. But one thing I did learn is that anybody that has more than 1 cow shouldnt ask for advice because they should know how to do anything cattle related like, we should all be like Caustic, and la4angus, we would be perfect, the biggest cattlemen around, we would never have any problems, ask for help, or even for advice. Man how cooool that would be.... :oops:....

Glad you got her. I know well and good how it feels to have one out you can't catch or push. Especially after having one hit by a car. I suppose that makes me triggerhappy.

Case IH":328eveey said:
cypressfarms":328eveey said:
Anyway,

Cyrpess, I had no idea it would turn out like this either. But one thing I did learn is that anybody that has more than 1 cow shouldnt ask for advice because they should know how to do anything cattle related like, we should all be like Caustic, and la4angus, we would be perfect, the biggest cattlemen around, we would never have any problems, ask for help, or even for advice. Man how cooool that would be.... :oops:....

Case,

Maybe hard for you to believe, but I've met la4angus, and he's one heck of a nice guy. I had some burgers with him on his patio shooting the bull just a couple of weeks ago. He really knows cattle. Can't say that I've met caustic, but I'd like to. Don't be too quick to judge. Someday you may gain from their experience. I know I have. Doesn't matter how many cows you have. Don't worry about the harsh criticism. Remember you asked for it. Maybe you didn't expect the responses.

Stick around...new opinions are always good!

Now that I have set here and thought about it for a while I guess I was asking for it. Catching this cow was really a big deal for me, there hasnt been one yet that I havent been able to catch and this cow has given me more headaches than any other, my appologys to La4angus, I think all the steam has blown off now. Really glad it's over with now, I can spend more time on the boards now at night instead of chasing a cow. Thanks for all the helpful posts guys.

I didn't have a dog in this fight, so kept my mouth shut, but I've the privelege of having met both of those gentlemen, and 2 nicer, more helpful cattlemen you couldn't hope to meet. I often PM or call them with any questions I may have or when I need their opinions. The great thing to me is they don't sugar coat anything, so I know without a doubt where I stand with them at any given time! :D

TR":96vxo0rv said:
I didn't have a dog in this fight, so kept my mouth shut, but I've the privelege of having met both of those gentlemen, and 2 nicer, more helpful cattlemen you couldn't hope to meet. I often PM or call them with any questions I may have or when I need their opinions. The great thing to me is they don't sugar coat anything, so I know without a doubt where I stand with them at any given time! :D

Which is so much better than a "yes" man. Can't stand those. Give me an honest opinion any time, even if/or better if I don't agree with it!

Case IH":1a0k3vbg said:
But one thing I did learn is that anybody that has more than 1 cow shouldnt ask for advice because they should know how to do anything cattle related like, we should all be like Caustic, and la4angus, we would be perfect, the biggest cattlemen around, we would never have any problems, ask for help, or even for advice. Man how cooool that would be.... :oops:....

Caustic, La4angus, and Bez! are 3 of the very experienced and knowledgeable cattlemen on this board. You have probably alienated all 3 during the course of this thread. Your loss.

MSSCAMPyou're opinion of me matters very little. I am sure you are a very nice lady and are knowledgeable about ranching and such, but you do have a habit of stirring the pot and read things into posts that just arn't there.also LA4angus, I don't remember writing one smart alec post, maybe ya have got me confused with someone else,, you won't have to weed me out, I'll do it myself! I will be checking in to hear what crowder and caustic have to say in the coffee shop though, they are usually good for a laugh or two. shoot, I was hoping to make guru too!

eatbeef":2hi610jz said:
MSSCAMPyou're opinion of me matters very little.

Then we are of a like mind set. There are quite a few people on these boards whose opinion matters to me, unfortunately, you are not one of them. Have a nice life.

eatbeef":3a1j94nu said:
MSSCAMPyou're opinion of me matters very little. I am sure you are a very nice lady and are knowledgeable about ranching and such, but you do have a habit of stirring the pot and read things into posts that just arn't there.also LA4angus, I don't remember writing one smart alec post, maybe ya have got me confused with someone else,, you won't have to weed me out, I'll do it myself! I will be checking in to hear what crowder and caustic have to say in the coffee shop though, they are usually good for a laugh or two. shoot, I was hoping to make guru too!

Alot of posts and a guru rating does not make you a good cattleman. There are alot of good people on here, some with an attitude that comes off as a little short at times. To dismiss the opinion because you don't like HOW it was said is not real smart. I can't say I always agree with everything said, but I think about it. It's a tough business, and some things call for tough solutions. Listen, learn, enjoy. We are all here because we enjoy working with stock.

For the record, the cow is luck it wasn't mine. I'd shot it a long time ago. I went through a similar situation with a friend and would never repeat it.

Well, my appologys to all not just la4angus, I know the cattle business is rough and If I were in some of the guys shoes on here I may have said the same thing. I think some of the guys on here thought I wasnt doing everything I could to catch the cow. After so long I thought about giving up and just shooting her, in the end im glad I didnt. Again, thanks for the replys.

D.R. Cattle":6f2m9q3h said:
Glad you got her. I know well and good how it feels to have one out you can't catch or push. Especially after having one hit by a car. I suppose that makes me triggerhappy.

I think I am the one that had one hit by car not case IH but maybe I missed that post.

Glad you got her Case IH. Now you can sleep well tonight knowing that everthing will be ok. Next step Ship her or put her where she cant get out and make hambuger out of her. JHH

Any chance you and your cousin can still get along? When family gets involved sometimes tempers flare and things get out of hand. Life is to short to carry a grudge. Merry Christmas to all. JHH

Well, as far as the cousin things goes, I wasnt planning on telling him I caught the cow and this afternoon he had took his corral pannels down that he had made the pen out of. Maybe he found out I caught her (If he did I dont know how) or he just gave up on catching her. I dont want to hold a grudge, it will come back to him one day.

Latest posts