What is wrong with these people????

Help Support CattleToday:

Angus Cowman":xtjfs62s said:
The problem i see with this is that if Barfoot was an African american and displayed a Black Power Flag on his pole or if he was a Muslim, Hispanic or any other race other than white american male and he displayed flags emphasizing this fact they wouldn't make him take his flag down because that would be discrimination and we can't discriminate against anyone in this country other than a white american male

I probably just got this thread locked so I am sorry but that is the way I feel
White American Pride is called Racism in this country

While I agree with your comments, let's get back to the question at hand before the thread gets locked.

It pains me dearly to say what I'm going to say, but......

Frankie is right

I do understand the arguments on both sides. However, that does not change the fact that the man moved into an area governed by a HOA. When he bought into that area, he bought into the rules. I'm sure that there were many rules that he liked, or he wouldn't have move there.

The fact that there is a rule that he disagrees with doesn't give him the right to break it. The examples that Frankie brought up were a little unrealistic, but let's look at it another way.

Perhaps I buy into the HOA and bring in 40 blue tick hound dogs that howl all the time.

Perhaps I buy into the HOA and bring in a few dozen pigs.

Perhaps I buy into the HOA and open an auto repair shop.

Perhaps I buy into the HOA and set up a junkyard in my back yard.

All of those things would be outrageous to the neighbors. They bought into an area based upon the HOA restrictions. If they had not wanted to be subject to the restrictions, they would not have bought in.

Those same restrictions that prevent him from installing his flagpole are the same ones that prevent him from having a pig farm. It is not discriminating against him or his service, it is to preserve the way of life in that community.

If he doesn't like the rules of the community as set forth by the HOA, he needs to move.

How long would he have lasted in the military if he had not followed the rules......

grannysoo":29xptidw said:
Angus Cowman":29xptidw said:
The problem i see with this is that if Barfoot was an African american and displayed a Black Power Flag on his pole or if he was a Muslim, Hispanic or any other race other than white american male and he displayed flags emphasizing this fact they wouldn't make him take his flag down because that would be discrimination and we can't discriminate against anyone in this country other than a white american male

I probably just got this thread locked so I am sorry but that is the way I feel
White American Pride is called Racism in this country

While I agree with your comments, let's get back to the question at hand before the thread gets locked.

It pains me dearly to say what I'm going to say, but......

Frankie is right

I do understand the arguments on both sides. However, that does not change the fact that the man moved into an area governed by a HOA. When he bought into that area, he bought into the rules. I'm sure that there were many rules that he liked, or he wouldn't have move there.

The fact that there is a rule that he disagrees with doesn't give him the right to break it. The examples that Frankie brought up were a little unrealistic, but let's look at it another way.

Perhaps I buy into the HOA and bring in 40 blue tick hound dogs that howl all the time.

Perhaps I buy into the HOA and bring in a few dozen pigs.

Perhaps I buy into the HOA and open an auto repair shop.

Perhaps I buy into the HOA and set up a junkyard in my back yard.

All of those things would be outrageous to the neighbors. They bought into an area based upon the HOA restrictions. If they had not wanted to be subject to the restrictions, they would not have bought in.

Those same restrictions that prevent him from installing his flagpole are the same ones that prevent him from having a pig farm. It is not discriminating against him or his service, it is to preserve the way of life in that community.

If he doesn't like the rules of the community as set forth by the HOA, he needs to move.

How long would he have lasted in the military if he had not followed the rules......

After looking at this story in more detail, I've done an about face on this one. Yes, Frankie is right, and so are you. We honor our veterans in many ways, and rightfully so. Allowing them to pick and choose which laws they will obey shouldn't be one of them. In fact, I can't think of anything more degrading to the principles that all our veterans fought and died for.

Good points have been brought up. Like I said in previous posts, I fully understand the reasons we have rules and laws and respect them. But in this case I still believe an exception to the rules is in order. The man is 90 freakin years old. Does he still have his full mental faculties or enough eyesight to pore through the legal-eze minutae of the homeowners association rules along with his real estate contract and all the other complicated paperwork involved in buying property? Yeah, yeah, yeah, ignorance is no excuse I know and I learned it the hard way. But all things considered, the HOA needs to find him a loophole or create one and not let this man die broken hearted and disappointed in the very country he protected at extreme risk of his life.

:nod: :nod: :clap: :clap: :clap: :nod: :nod:

Exactly, Van and Grannysoo...we don't have to like it...but we do have to abide by it...until WE can change it!

Alice

I have been reading through this thread for a while. I would like to add "You people do not personally know this man. Could be he is a 100% azz hole." I have known quite a few veterans in my area some are great people and do not wear their service to their country on their sleeve and then others are arrogant to a point you cannot stand them.

I luv herfrds":3dwnlu70 said:
Hey Alice Welcome Back. :welcome: Sure missed you around here. :D :D :D

Thanks, doll...missed you, too!

Alice

Alice":10sizg7d said:

Exactly, Van and Grannysoo...we don't have to like it...but we do have to abide by it...until WE can change it!

Alice

That's right Alice. If we don't like something, we have the power to change it. Until then, we shall follow the laws.

Since then, however, Congress has passed laws forbidding homeowners associations from restricting the display of the flag on residential property.

It would be interesting to see how this is worded.

grannysoo":m1lms5ck said:
Alice":m1lms5ck said:

Alice

That's right Alice. If we don't like something, we have the power to change it. Until then, we shall follow the laws.
Now isn't that a unique concept...

You don't win a CMH by letting rules and regs determine your every move, and if you don't have the spine to stand up , and TAKE ACTION when something is obviously wrong you are a long ways from being a candidate as well.

He applied - he was denied - and unlike the wimps of today - this hero ( and one of the few times I've typed hero on the internet and meant it ) forces the issue.

This little housing group of weasels, just like internet mods, will have to group up and determine what will be the best scenario for them. They lost control once it became public. And it IS about control.

All I can say is how I would vote if I was on the HOA board. And I would definitely vote to approve an exception in this case. Of course, I might not get re-elected to the board in the next election because of my vote, but then that wouldn't be a problem for me either. And I wouldn't need the HOA to be paying a law firm to tell me how to vote.

Calman":2o9kzwoe said:
The Gentleman has over18,000 fans on face book pulling for him. :clap: :clap:

Cal
It does not make any difference if he has a million supporters on my face. The only ones with a say in this are the people that own homes in the addition. If he was turned down then he should have ciculated a petition and had people sign it that owned property where he lives. If there was enough then the change should be made. If not then he should put his flag in the back yard and enjoy it by himself. That is the way I see it.

I wonder if this Hero was at Perl Harbor. He served his country proudly which is more than many US Presidents did.
Tom.

The HOA should have worked out a compromise with this guy. Perhaps a stipulation that the flagpole be taken down when he could no longer raise and lower the flag. He's 90 years old and a hero. If he were my neighbor I would enjoy the display. The HOA is just flexing their muscles like the usually do.

Walt

Txwalt":jhnrm8um said:
The HOA should have worked out a compromise with this guy. Perhaps a stipulation that the flagpole be taken down when he could no longer raise and lower the flag. He's 90 years old and a hero. If he were my neighbor I would enjoy the display. The HOA is just flexing their muscles like the usually do.

Walt
Still stinks, don't it
Tom