What is the last " stunt" one of your cows pulled?

Help Support CattleToday:

Kingfisher

Reaction score
And was it your fault? ;) Last time I went to the " farm" this is what happen I hear. I say I hear because I did not see it. Lloyd got out of the truck to pull a round bail out of the back and decided to walk to the hedge row and pee. On his way there he turned his back on " Bad bad Leroy Brown" who proceeded to tell him with a head but in the arse he would prefer he pull the bail first I guess.........I would ship that bull for other reasons from what ya'll have taught me. It would be of no fault of Leroy's just some poor handling I suppose from the " breeder." :)

Them bulls will get pretty excited sometimes when the hay comes out. Mine tried to stop the tractor with his head the other day as I was carrying a bale to the feeder. I just stopped and let him get a few bites. After that he ran on down to the feeder and waited on me, cows in tow.

I turned my back as I was putting out some range cubes the other day, one of the friendly cows gave me a little head butt to the back. I guess I wasn't fast enough for her. I don't give them cubes too often so they get pretty exited when I do. Over all, my little herd is pretty easy to deal with and we have had most of them since they were 400 heifers. Probably the hardest cow to work is the one that loves to have her head and neck scratched and petted. The problem is that she has is spoiled and thinks she don't have to do what the others are required to do. She will turn and walk right through ya in the working pen.

I have a lot of gates open since it is winter. When I drive by the cows will bellow and then try to follow the truck around the farm. They love Chevrolet. :banana: If I pull in and park across the single strand paddock division fence from them one or two heifers will sometimes hop over it to see if I have treats... :cowboy: The snow is thigh deep this year...

A girl friend of mine needed me to board her bull for a while. He was 2 years old, and pretty tame. He buddied right up with my steers. Things went fine untill he took off after an old mare of mine got underneath her and summer saulted her over his back. Poor girl just layed there afraid while he head butted her. I chased him off and we locked him in the back pasture.

My fault? Yes for letting him in with my horses. But I had not thought it would not be a problem and he had been with my horses at the barn, in the corrals. I guess the field was a different matter for him.

This wasn't real recent but it was a "stunt"... one of the round bale feeders came unbolted and the bull got 1/2 of it stuck on his head. The way it was stuck made him look like that picture you see of the Grinch's dog with the antlers taped to its head teetering off the cliff... it looked like he had a full "rack". He was walking around the pasture with that thing on him so I call the hubby and he says, "just go pull it off!"... I'm thinking, "man are you NUTS?! He can kill me with that thing!" but that's just what the hubby did. He came home, walked out in the pasture and lifted the stupid thing off his head. Yep, never a dull moment.

when we were getting rid of our last shorthorn bull (8 years old) at the sale barn, he knew he was burger meat, and wasn't fond of the idea, he was a bit of a handful getting into the trailer, but we heard later at the barn that he was just livid, and wanted to kill anything in sight.. kinda scary idea for a 2400 lb pile of muscle...

the two bulls we have now, a yearling and a 4 year old are pretty good, the older one is a chicken, and I'm ok with that, and the young one is really calm, he can't be disturbed for anything.. the two of them actually get along great

I had one cow a couple years back pretty much abandon her calf, but want to kill you if you were to try and help it.. a few good knocks onthe head with my 3/4" breaker bar and she started to smarten up.. we were going to ship her, but didn't, she makes giant calves... she's gotten better over the years, but I'll never turn by back on her

Kingfisher":ypvjxygm said:
And was it your fault? ;) Last time I went to the " farm" this is what happen I hear. I say I hear because I did not see it. Lloyd got out of the truck to pull a round bail out of the back and decided to walk to the hedge row and pee. On his way there he turned his back on " Bad bad Leroy Brown" who proceeded to tell him with a head but in the arse he would prefer he pull the bail first I guess.........I would ship that bull for other reasons from what ya'll have taught me. It would be of no fault of Leroy's just some poor handling I suppose from the " breeder." :)

That bull would have bought a one way ticket to the salebarn for that stunt. Your on the road to one of those newspaper stories.

when i was a kid dad had a cow that tore up every fence we had. he finaly got it in the shoute .backed the 55 dodge pu with wooden stock racks up & loaded her in the pu , she leaped up broke the boarde in the front & caved the roof of our 1955 dodge pu in
well dad got his pistol out & fired of a round right next to her head so she could fell the percusion of it. some how she calmed down enough to put ropes on her & ty her head down to the pu. so then we pushed the roof back up with our legs while laying in seat as dads head wouldnt clear the cavein . he said that night she was hamburger didnt not even try to sale her .
evertime we had beef for a long time it tasted sweeter cause it was our revenge for the pu roof

2mhtqv4.jpg

Make that critter a full-grown bull, take that feeder in half, insert head near one end with the thing arched up over his back and THEN you got the picture..! haha

Well, It happened 3 days ago.. My cow who's taller laying down than standing up threw a 140 lb calf on her own... I consider that a stunt :p

Nesikep":22n30fe2 said:
Well, It happened 3 days ago.. My cow who's taller laying down than standing up threw a 140 lb calf on her own... I consider that a stunt :p
Did she actually "birth" the calf or did he get tired of waiting and just crawl out. :lol2:

I got a call from the neighbor asking if I was missing a big red cow and by golly I was... she then went on to say there was a big red cow at her clothes line eating her sons socks...

SimmentalShowGirl":3hkgeyl9 said:
I got a call from the neighbor asking if I was missing a big red cow and by golly I was... she then went on to say there was a big red cow at her clothes line eating her sons socks...

Must be short on mineral :cowboy:

I have 9 black angus/brangus and one red angus cow. Couple of winters ago, my insurance salesman neighbor called and hey, I'm sorry but your red cow died. I said what? He said, yeah she is lying dead out by the barn, so I jump in the truck and notice that since it is the first day of sunshine after one of our rare snows, a lot of animals were stretched out in the sun. When I found the cow, she was lying on her belly with her head on the ground but eyes open. I threw out a bucket of cubes and she jumped up and head-butted 3 cows out of the way to get her share. When I talked to my neighbor next he asked if I found the dead cow. I said, yeah, but she got better. :lol:

we had one that was notorious for playing dead, she'd lay down, head downhill, legs uphill, neck kinked back so her nose was by her shoulders, and on top of it, she'd let her tongue hang out... We got wise to that trick

My neighbor has a cow that does exactly that, and she is his biggest cow. First time I saw her do this, I was driving by his place and then started to call him and tell him he had a dead one. Then I had enough sense to back up for a 2nd look and she raised up and looked at me. But she looked exactly like you described, Nesikep.

A few years ago I got several phone calls that one of my bulls was dead in the field. I rushed out to where he was only to find him laying on his back sunning his nads. (He did look dead) When I got out of the truck he just rolled over and gave me this look like, "What!?!" I wish I'd gotten a picture of this cause it was hilarious but I never saw him do it again.

Not really a stunt, but I got a steer that's so lazy he will poop while laying down. I've heard of not liftin tails, but not while lying down. He's not sick..just a lazy sob

Latest posts