What are you eating today?

Help Support CattleToday:

Nothing fancy just illegal non-marketable ham and eggs.

29216664_1474219056017409_1818062461010444288_n.jpg

Used the loin. It's Ruhlman and Polcyn recipe:
Canadian Bacon

For a 4 Lbs. loin:

1 Gallon water
1 1/2 cups kosher salt
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 oz pink salt (42 grams) also called cure No. 1
1 large bunch fresh sage
1 bunch fresh thyme
2 garlic cloves, peeled and bruised

Combine all ingredients except loin; simmer until all has been dissolved. Refrigerate until cold.

Place loin in the cure, weight it until submerged, and cured for 2 days.

Remove and rinse the loin, discarding the cure. Dry with towels. Place on a tray and refrigerate, 12 to 24 hours.

Smoke at 180 degrees F, until internal temp hits 150 degrees F, 2 to 3 hours.

Keeps in fridge for 10 days (longer if vacuum packed) and freezes well. It fries up nicely in short order at 1/8" thickness.

Ham and cheese sandwich made with non USDA stamped non salable pork and non taxed beer. I'll surely suffer the bloody scours shortly and be blind and dead by sunset but freedom tastes pretty good.

29365990_1475958932510088_4155750324851703808_n.jpg

Re Slick Canadian Bacon. I do similar recipe based on Jogeephus recipe, cure 7 days, the smoke 175 til
145 internal. I like, wife loves, so win win. I call it loin bacon, cause it ain't Canadian bacon. Last batch
I did went with boneless pork butts, more fat more flavor. The butt bacon does not cook up as pretty, but taste
better.
W. Lamar Parmer

Jogeephus":25eujb4r said:
Ham and cheese sandwich made with non USDA stamped non salable pork and non taxed beer. I'll surely suffer the bloody scours shortly and be blind and dead by sunset but freedom tastes pretty good.

might not live long but you'll live happy! :)

Yesterday smoked chicken legs and sausages. We had some mushrooms and Brussels sprouts to but the weren't good. Too much smoke in them.

Today we are having carnitas and pork skins. Made fresh Saturday and Sundays only. Them Mexicans sure know how to cook.

Jogeephus":1ioamhev said:

Oh my....Looking good there bud

ga.prime":1zg8rpt7 said:
Great looking pizza. You picked those toppings right.
Making pizza is fun. My only daughter turns 17 in a month. I do all I can to keep her close to me. I've been working on a music/hangout room for her and her friends. I encourage her to invite her friends over and we always make pizzas. I supply a wide variety of ingredients and toppings and it has been a huge success. It is actually getting out of control and we can't cook the pizzas fast enough but I am loving every minute of it.

True Grit Farms":3np0ttdb said:
skyhightree1":3np0ttdb said:
Jogeephus":3np0ttdb said:
I'm gonna guess that pizza didn't come from a chain did it?

It came from a place called blaze where 8 bucks you can get any and I do mean any toppings you want all for the same price.

http://www.blazepizza.com/

Looks really good, but I'd have to pass.

Really? Not into pizza?
This heartburn I have maybe I shouldn't have got meat lovers

skyhightree1":9i0jybv6 said:
Jogeephus":9i0jybv6 said:
I'm gonna guess that pizza didn't come from a chain did it?

It came from a place called blaze where 8 bucks you can get any and I do mean any toppings you want all for the same price.

http://www.blazepizza.com/
dang it sky now I'm going to have to drive over an hour away just to try a pizza place! :bang: (my truck gets terrible gas mileage!)

dang it sky now I'm going to have to drive over an hour away just to try a pizza place! :bang: (my truck gets terrible gas mileage!)[/quote]

its an hour away from me too :| then again everything is :lol:

Latest posts