Vigortone minerals

Help Support CattleToday:

Were not currently using it but highly considering it. There are alot of people around here that use it and they love it. They all say it does an excellent job.

One of the faimilys run about 600 cows and they like it so much i think they might b eatin a little there self. :eek: :lol: :lol:

I asked the same question a few months back. A local gent just started carrying it in our area but have not tried any yet. They are kind of pricey but I may try some on a small group to see if the ends justify the means.

cfpinz

I used the forage pro last winter and liked it. It is too hard to get around here though so I am back on the rite-now program this summer.

That's all we've used nw for several years. One thing that I noticed about their minerals vs others is the palatability from one load to the next. The vigertone minerals are alwasy readily eaten. Some of the others are barely touched for weeks at a time then when I put in a different bag they scarf them as if the haven;t had any for weeks.

You are right Dun!

If they won't eat it, it does them no good.

Vigortone has the consistency and palatability down pat.

I've been using vigortone minerals for a few years now , whenever I try some thing else they won,t eat it as good , they seem to like the vigortone better , I mix salt with it so they don't eat to much.

shorty":2uhvk46a said:
I've been using vigortone minerals for a few years now , whenever I try some thing else they won,t eat it as good , they seem to like the vigortone better , I mix salt with it so they don't eat to much.

Try leaving the salt out. How can they eat too much?

Before they started marketing it at our local feed store they took grass and soil samples from a bunch of different ranches in our area to ensure that we got the blend for our area. I really like the stuff.

I have just started using vigortone - fescue balancer I think -- it is in the feeder that sits on the ground with the rubber flap. The problem so far is that they won't touch it! Been there for two weeks and nothing. How long to get used to the new type of feeder?

blueridge":2ytr595q said:
I have just started using vigortone - fescue balancer I think -- it is in the feeder that sits on the ground with the rubber flap. The problem so far is that they won't touch it! Been there for two weeks and nothing. How long to get used to the new type of feeder?

Tie the flap back for a couple of days.

cfpinz

I have used Vigorotone, Right Now, and occasionally Pro-Phos 6 Mag Au-3500 (land of lakes).

The Vigortone rep has a mix of his own... will try to get a tag today and post it, which I like except the amount of Vit E in the mix.

I've recently (used for a month now) got some Vigortone DH6504 which is a "dairy" replacement heifer mineral but it has 1000 IU/lb of Vitamin E and I believe Vitamin E is very important in breeding and immune system.

Seems to me that all minerals run from 18 to 26.50 per bag depending on if its medicated, has IGR in it, etc....

Don't know what other Vigortone reps offer, this one has a luncheon about every 3 months and offers buy 20 bags get 1 free.

They also have a milk replacer 22% protein, 20% fat and I'm going to check into that as it seems I'm getting several calls from people who have beef bottle calves (however I'm buying MFA 22-20 for $33.50 for 25 lb bag) so its going to have to be priced the same or better for me to switch.

Latest posts