Minerals

Help Support CattleToday:

I've found that good mineral mixes are one of the most important parts to maintain cattle.
I've noticed better conception rates, less pinkeye, better overall appearance of cattle when on a high quality mineral program.
Bought some co op high mag mineral yesterday it has 11.50% magnesium in it.
I wanted a chelated type mineral this time around but did not get it. I can't always remember the names of the mineral and they change the names so it's sometimes hard to get the precise product. I'll ask specifically for chelated beef breeder mineral next time.
This what I got yesterday.
I have the worst memory when it comes to shopping for things I do not buy everyday. Many years ago I started cutting brands and names off of all sorts of things and putting them in the glovebox of the truck. The first thing that goes in there are tire plugs and the paper lids off of oil filter boxes. I want to be able to get the right filter and the lids have the part numbers on them. I break too many phones to rely on storing them there. Second thing is a list of air filter part numbers for everything. I stopped carrying the spark plug and points boxes years ago, technology is a good thing, but I still have a truck that takes them and there are boxes for those in that glove box. Mineral and medicated feed labels cut out with a pocket knife are in everything. It is embarrassing sometimes when I go to get something, know what I want, can picture it in my mind, but for the life of me can't remember what it is called.

Latest posts