Vicon Baler

Help Support CattleToday:

VZCR

Reaction score
I attended a show yesterday at one of our local equipment dealers. This one is not affiliated with any nationally known brand in particular, but I guess has taken on a Vicon dealership. He invited me and a friend to attend a demonstration of the Vicon Round Baler, I don't remember the model number, but added that there would be free BarBQ served. That got my attention.... :shock: We went over there, and because of the rain / wet conditions, there was some wet, green Bermuda hay to bale. The machine performed flawlessly, baling the wet, green grass. It will wrap in twine or net wrap on command. It was very impressive. Then we said a prayer and partook of the BBQ. It was outstanding. The banana pudding for desert really was the top off. After this story of fine Texas BBQ eating, my question to you folks is: Does anybody run a Vicon? Any info is appreciated as I am considering putting one on the easy payment plan..........

Nope, never heard of a Vicon baler. They make pretty good equipment so I'm told so it might make sense for them to get in the baling business.

VZCR":4xndj4o7 said:
my question to you folks is: Does anybody run a Vicon? Any info is appreciated as I am considering putting one on the easy payment plan..........

Some Vicons in my area and all are soft core balers. These have been around for about 10 years or a little more. I work off farm with a man that has one. It does a nice job and works as good today as it did new.

I unroll all my hay when feeding and use a home made hay spinner. It uses a hydraulic motor and spins the hay to the left or right of the tractor. I can't do much unrolling the soft core bales. When I spear a bale it droops down because of the soft core. After unrolling several layers the bale (about half) will just fall off the spear. That's the only negative I see in the baler and that's just because I unroll hay. Other than that they seem to be well made and do a great job rolling hay.

we ran a vicon 1582 variant round baler for close to 10yrs.an the baler put up nice tight bales.they was heavy enough to squak a frontend loader on a 7700 ford.the bales never squated after sitting out.a new viacon baler in our area is $23,500.

Never used their balers but did run a disc mower of theirs for years. I would like to get another one but can't find a dealer near me. Some say they can order one for me but then the cost is too high.

Yep there wasn't a tractor big enough to pick up those green wet rolls they made out there. I liked the fact that the operator can select between twine or net wrap using the control panel on the go. The net wrap isn't an expensive option on it, it comes standard and you can control the amount of twine or wrap applied to the bale from the control panel. Guess I'll go over there and see if I can get one........

VZCR":s8hyurf2 said:
Yep there wasn't a tractor big enough to pick up those green wet rolls they made out there. I liked the fact that the operator can select between twine or net wrap using the control panel on the go. The net wrap isn't an expensive option on it, it comes standard and you can control the amount of twine or wrap applied to the bale from the control panel. Guess I'll go over there and see if I can get one........
Vicon sells less than 200 balers a year in the USA.
Vermeer, John Deere, New Holland & AGCO/Hesston all sell more than 1500 balers a year in North America every year.
Class and M&W sell more balers than Vicon.
AIC & Cummings and Bricker are the main sources of distribution.
ALL of the top 6 MFG's sell balers equipped just like you mentioned. Vermeer has a baler that is made in the USA and is sold for less than $18,000 that will do both net and twine.
Rebel5410.jpg

I like the Vermeer Rebel, from all I can read about it, I didn't realize there was such a price gap there. I'll check with my local Vermeer dealer st see if a 0% down with 0% interest for 6 year easy payment plan is available. :roll:

ironpeddler":27bu8gtm said:
VZCR":27bu8gtm said:
Vermeer, John Deere, New Holland & AGCO/Hesston all sell more than 1500 balers a year in North America every year.
ALL of the top 6 MFG's sell balers equipped just like you mentioned. Vermeer has a baler that is made in the USA and is sold for less than $18,000 that will do both net and twine.
Rebel5410.jpg

Ironpeddler, you must be talking about an awfully small Rebel for $18K. Right after we spoke a month or so ago I priced a 605M without netwrap for $35K - $4300 to add netwrap and the roll of net was nearly $300 which will only do up to 100 bales (a little over one wrap per bale). If my math is correct that adds $3.00 to the cost of the bale.

Earl Thigpen":2pc26sbo said:
ironpeddler":2pc26sbo said:
VZCR":2pc26sbo said:
Rebel5410.jpg

Ironpeddler, you must be talking about an awfully small Rebel for $18K. Right after we spoke a month or so ago I priced a 605M without netwrap for $35K - $4300 to add netwrap and the roll of net was nearly $300 which will only do up to 100 bales (a little over one wrap per bale). If my math is correct that adds $3.00 to the cost of the bale.

That's what I meant by expensive options. The Vicon features the netwrap standard, where these others want to charge you an arm and a leg for it.

Angus/Brangus":2toue0fm said:
ironpeddler":2toue0fm said:
VZCR":2toue0fm said:
Rebel5410.jpg

Bingo!!! That's right at what I paid for mine (which included the net wrap) I used it for the first time last Sunday. Never baled a round bale in my life but once I got the netwrap threaded properly the unit was flawless!! The monitor, with programmable controls, operated as advertised. I could change up number of wraps, the size of the bale, switch to twine, automate the entire process or manually over-ride it all. It took less than 15 seconds to double wrap a 60 inch round bale. If I was a professional/custom baler I might go for a bigger unit but this one is perfect for personal use. And the 10 wheel Vermeer rake did a great job too!

Which brand and model did you get? :?:

Earl Thigpen,
I'll give you a list of dealers that will sell you a 605M with both twine and net for $30,000. You must be pricing the wrong dealers. THe wide pickup is standard on the Vermeer M series.
If you want the option "net only" you will save $1,000.
Just tell them the Hay DR sent you.

image105_s.jpg

ironpeddler":3a8x4um4 said:
VZCR":3a8x4um4 said:
Rebel5410.jpg
Which one is that is sold for less than $18,000 that will do both net and twine? :?:

ironpeddler":34v6c0ib said:
Earl Thigpen,
I'll give you a list of dealers that will sell you a 605M with both twine and net for $30,000. You must be pricing the wrong dealers. THe wide pickup is standard on the Vermeer M series.
If you want the option "net only" you will save $1,000.
Just tell them the Hay DR sent you.

image105_s.jpg

Thanks. I'll pm you the dealers name. Don't want to be sued.

Latest posts