BALER TRACTOR

Help Support CattleToday:

Nice looking tractor.

I'd rather have 5k well maintained hours than 2k hours of no maintenance.

Power Quad with a right hand reverser?

Nice looking tractor.

I'd rather have 5k well maintained hours than 2k hours of no maintenance.

Power Quad with a right hand reverser?
Thanks. Power quad with RH reverser, yes. It's hooked to the baler right now and ready to go. Time will tell if it's a good one. We.ve been in and out of rain showers for three weeks now. Things are looking positive for next mid week on, weather wise.

PQ is one of my favorite transmissions to drive, and I have never owned one!

Send the rain down this way, please. Getting pretty dry here.

That tractor is probably better in the long run than the newer emission tractors, but I am reminded that with the cost of equipment and all other input costs farming gets less and less profitable all the time. To start, fertilizer is way too high.

That tractor is probably better in the long run than the newer emission tractors, but I am reminded that with the cost of equipment and all other input costs farming gets less and less profitable all the time. To start, fertilizer is way too high.
I hope you are right about the tractor. I hear you on cost.

That tractor is probably better in the long run than the newer emission tractors, .....

I'd rather drop $20-30k and completely go through one of my old 80's or 90's model tractors than deal with the emissions crap on the newer tractors. At least I can turn the wrenches on those old ones.

Cousin works at the local JD place and he's seen quite a few old 40, 50 and 55 series come through there and get upwards of $30k spent on them for that reason.

I'd rather drop $20-30k and completely go through one of my old 80's or 90's model tractors than deal with the emissions crap on the newer tractors. At least I can turn the wrenches on those old ones.

Cousin works at the local JD place and he's seen quite a few old 40, 50 and 55 series come through there and get upwards of $30k spent on them for that reason.
I know a guy living that dream/ nightmare! LOL

PQ is one of my favorite transmissions to drive, and I have never owned one!

Send the rain down this way, please. Getting pretty dry here.
We had two days of sunshine last week. Did a 8 acre hayfield. Tractor was awesome. PQ is really nice.

Since then, nothing but rain. We've been socked in the fog now for 48 hours straight. 10 day has T storms and showers everyday. I've been in NH since 1964 and I can't remember such a rainy wet period. I've only got one field out of ten done.....