Vermeer 504m classic hay baler

Help Support CattleToday:

highgrit

Reaction score
Just wondering what the pro's and con's are. 0 % interest rate for 3 years has me thinking I need one.

They are a good baler. Farmers around here say either Vermeer or John Deere if you are buying a new one. I like Vermeer equipment, but the dealer here is not close.

highgrit":1xx43jzy said:
Just wondering what the pro's and con's are. 0 % interest rate for 3 years has me thinking I need one.
The only true 0% deal on a Vermeer is through Kubota credit. The Vermeer deal is a dealer buy down with a cash rebate you will be losing. Go to Farm Credit and get a loan and pay cash is the safest way to go.

Good balers. I have a 504 XL and I'll assume the M is better. The monitor is an asset, the belts are tough. The start up is easy. Others may have a different favorite, but Vermeer makes a good baler.

I bought a 504M Classic this winter. The was delivered two weeks ago.
My choices were between a green and yellow baler. I liked the newer net system on the Vermeer. I also liked the starter drum concept and how it worked.
I considered the zero percent option on both Deere and Vermeer. Both companies offer a cash discount. You can not negotiate a cash price then ask for the same price at zero percent. The look at you funny. I tried it just to see.
I got the very best quotes from both Deere and Vermeer by shopping during the winter. Saved a lot of money.
I went by the Deere dealership yesterday and they have their new baler inventory on the lot. Folks are getting ready.
I really like my Deere dealer. I really did not want to go out shopping and learning new dealers. It worked out and I also like my Vermeer dealer as well.
With any piece of machinery we are buying dealer support.