Unsolved Mystery

Help Support CattleToday:

Well, after some under cover investigation, and long hours of observation I have solved the great mystery. I had a hunch being that there were so many if them but did you know that a Grasshopper turd is up to 1/4 the size of ther body? I am absolutely plagued by them, I have never in my life seen it this bad. There are so many that their turds are covering the porches by the thousands and you can't ride a 4-wheeler thru the pasture.

Isomade":14rss9dm said:
Well, after some under cover investigation, and long hours of observation I have solved the great mystery. I had a hunch being that there were so many if them but did you know that a Grasshopper turd is up to 1/4 the size of ther body? I am absolutely plagued by them, I have never in my life seen it this bad. There are so many that their turds are covering the porches by the thousands and you can't ride a 4-wheeler thru the pasture.

Wonder how many grasshoppers you'd get caught in a round if you baled that hay? Really wonder if you wouldn't get some really good protein levels and a high relative feed value?

Isomade":2kk7j8x8 said:
Well, saw in the health & nutrion section that you were considering going into the possum ranching business a few years ago. Dunno who that worked out, but now you can try the Iso fried hopper business.

"Dang--them's tasty!"

Dega Moo":1al1w00s said:
Isomade":1al1w00s said:

Wonder how many grasshoppers you'd get caught in a round if you baled that hay? Really wonder if you wouldn't get some really good protein levels and a high relative feed value?
It would be pretty good. There is 20 grams of protien in 100 grams of Grasshopper.

greybeard":1o6ih1c6 said:
Isomade":1o6ih1c6 said:
Well, saw in the health & nutrion section that you were considering going into the possum ranching business a few years ago. Dunno who that worked out, but now you can try the Iso fried hopper business.

"Dang--them's tasty!"
There is a recipe online for fried grasshopper. I've actually been doing some research to see how I might be able to capitalize on this deal.

I've tried 'em before. Honestly, they were kinda like fried snake--they taste like whatever they're fried in--pretty bland otherwise.

greybeard":17bdv51g said:
I've tried 'em before. Honestly, they were kinda like fried snake--they taste like whatever they're fried in--pretty bland otherwise.

Was that before the turd came out or before?? :shock:

TexasBred said:
Isomade said:
Would have to be an awfully small deer wouldn't it? It seems too big for a rat, wrong shape for a jack rabbit, it ain't coon, doesn't look like possum. I just don't know, it's literally shaped like a creep pellet, most of em are even squared off on the ends.[/quote]

I assume you haven't seen any deer from around here. :lol2: :roll:

Jogeephus":1mxqmipy said:
Its definitely a rodent. Course it could be what we call a smart pill. Eat one and tell me what it tastes like then I can tell you whether or not its a smart pill. :mrgreen:

General rule of thumb, if it's still warm don't taste it and if it's cold it's still a good idea to not taste it. But if you do go ahead and taste it, our daughter says that if it taste good spit it out because it's bad for you. On the other hand if it taste bad go ahead and eat it because it's good for you. Personally, I have a problem with that logic

melking":2rzkznx0 said:
My heart swells with love for my fellow posters that can burn up 4 pages on a "name That Turd" game. I love this forum.

That's what I said on page 3 :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: ;-)

melking":jome9b41 said:
My heart swells with love for my fellow posters that can burn up 4 pages on a "name That Turd" game. I love this forum.

Had to identify the source before you could decide on the most applicable name for the turd. Since isom eats them I suppose he's going "vegan" on us.

TexasBred":a580ajvi said:
melking":a580ajvi said:

Had to identify the source before you could decide on the most applicable name for the turd. Since isom eats them I suppose he's going "vegan" on us.
I think I read a couple days ago, that is a Native American word for "he who can't hunt worth a crap".

Actually this has been a very mentally stimulating discussion. Almost like snipe hunting. Grasshopper be nice. Who knew?? I think Isom was playing us the whole time. What a turd :lol2:

melking":2c14p107 said:

Sure doesn't take much to amuse 22,000 ct men and some women does it? :lol2:

Latest posts