Under the knife

Help Support CattleToday:

Hoss I think I can save you a bit of trouble. A very good equine vet around here used to treat umbilical hernias with very good success by putting two large safety pins through the skin over the hernia at right angles then placing a strong elastrator band over them and then let it fall off. The result was very good.
You might like to try that before going under the knife.
Which ever way you go all the best.
Ken

Hoss this is not going to be fun. They should give you a little pillow to clutch in the event you have to cough or sneeze. Pray this does not happen. This little pillow is your friend for about 3 to 5 days. If someone tries to steal this little pillow it is justifiable homicide to take them out. Next comes the itch you can't scratch on the internal stitches, this will drive you absolutely crazy. It is ok to scream and cry like a school girl if hit with a sneeze attack.

TexasBred":byz579zw said:
HOSS didn't say what time surgery was scheduled. Hopefully it's finished and he's resting and recovering.
Surgery was at high noon. I am recovering and may get to go home tomorrow. Things went well. He had to make a larger incision through the abdominal muscle wall than he thought but I am all stitched up and doped up on Loritab. Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers. I will be posting throughout my boring recovery.

HOSS":2vy4zaui said:
TexasBred":2vy4zaui said:
HOSS didn't say what time surgery was scheduled. Hopefully it's finished and he's resting and recovering.
Surgery was at high noon. I am recovering and may get to go home tomorrow. Things went well. He had to make a larger incision through the abdominal muscle wall than he thought but I am all stitched up and doped up on Loritab. Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers. I will be posting throughout my boring recovery.
Did they do scope surgery? They did on me, outpatient surgery. The open surgery is a little rougher.

tom4018":1ssb01r2 said:
HOSS":1ssb01r2 said:
TexasBred":1ssb01r2 said:
Did they do scope surgery? They did on me, outpatient surgery. The open surgery is a little rougher.
Open surgery. They had to install a piece of mesh under the muscle wall of my abdomen. :cry2: :drink:

Get better soon big boy.
I was scoped and that was bad enough looked like I have been shot with a load of buckshot.
At least they didn't field dress me like you.
You rest and do what the Drs say.

I missed this post until now. Glad everything went well. I concur on the precaution on sneezing, coughing, burping and farting; Don't do it. Take care of yourself and as difficult as it may be, try hard to make the best of the situation and enjoy this brief experience in your life.

HOSS":sjkj7tf5 said:
Open surgery. They had to install a piece of mesh under the muscle wall of my abdomen. :cry2: :drink:
Now you'll be double muscled--did you ask 'em what marbling score they saw while they was in there?
If it was the red and white mesh, you won't make CAB....
:banana: :lol2: :lol2:

I guess there was more to this little slice and dice procedure than the doc thought going in. He had to make the external incision go in the X and Y axis so it is really two external incisions. The internal cut through the muscle wall is bigger yet and I have allot more stitches inside than out. I won't lie.........I hurt :mad: The pain meds barely take the edge off when the dose is doubled. I go back to see him this coming week and I am going to axe for something stronger. I have laid around all day and can't get comfortable. I didn't sleep a wink last night. I think I need to get me a big bottle of :drink: and at least enjoy the laying around better.

I am glad your surgery went well Hoss , meaning that you are still with us . I will keep you in my prayers for a speedy recovery and hope you are out of pain soon . I

As far as the :drink: I hear there are quite a few on here that have mastered making it , perhaps they can send you a pint or two of their venom ,um er ,I mean medicinal liquid gold. :lol2:

Feel better soon !!!! :tiphat:

Latest posts