Truck Spray RIG

Help Support CattleToday:

My 55 gallon pto sprayer is a 14' boom with a 16' coverage. Has 5 110 degree 0.5 GPM nozzles spaced at 40" apart. It works very well. That would be 2.5 GPM. It calibrates to 0.5 GPM per nozzle at about 30 psi. It is a continental belton.

I will refer you gas powered generator pump which can fulfill your demands of your desired output and pressure. Just try it and let me know if you satisfies from it.

sky high i built a similiar sprayer to what u want but i udes a john blue pump. no matter what ground speed u run it stays consistent. mine is only 100 gallons with tk 5 tips every 5 foot. and i pull it with 4wheeler or gator.but keep in mind liquid nit lots heavier than water. i beleive its 11 to 12 pounds per gallon.

Buy a cheap one ton truck bed trailer and put the rig on that. You can use it to its full capacity and still pull it with your ranger. then if your ranger goes down for whatever reason you still have your spray rig operational while you get it fixed.

Why support a vehicle that can only be used for one thing when you can put your spray rig on a trailer and make your vehicle multi purpose.

3MR":ehgu382m said:
Buy a cheap one ton truck bed trailer and put the rig on that. You can use it to its full capacity and still pull it with your ranger. then if your ranger goes down for whatever reason you still have your spray rig operational while you get it fixed.

Why support a vehicle that can only be used for one thing when you can put your spray rig on a trailer and make your vehicle multi purpose.

Good point but maneuverability (sp) may be an issue with the trailer as well as controls to operate the sprayer being close by is my issue I guess.

If your putting a boom that long on it then you aren't going to be squeezing through any tight turns anyway. Im not sure what controls you need. You don't really do any adjusting once you are spraying, you turn it on and go. If you want close controls you would have to run them into the cab of the truck anyway, just make the wire longer, but a man wants what a man wants and if you want a spray truck then build a spray truck.

with the john blue no controls. use set to desired rate. then just spray has only a rope to turn on and off. we also have one of those nozzles that a single nozzle will spray 24 ft. to put behind sprayer for conjested areas trees, etc. i use the boom in open areas for better coverage .because i have foam markers on it also. just good simple sprayer no gas for a motor to run roller pumps. does good job.we spray prob 2000 acres in the spring with it each year.

Yea I was gonna try to configure the sprayer and controls to where I can change maybe spray pattern meaning on right side of the boom only or left side only to spray etc

skyhightree1":3mp5ec70 said:
Yea I was gonna try to configure the sprayer and controls to where I can change maybe spray pattern meaning on right side of the boom only or left side only to spray etc

Now that would be helpful.

Look into a gas powered centrifugal pump they are high capacity and durable

Latest posts