Not an honest used truck out there....

Help Support CattleToday:

I've just bought myself a new to me vehicle, it is a 2019 Toyota Hilux single cab 4x4 with a steel flatbed tray. I bought it at an online auction sight unseen but I think I got away with it, seems like a nice truck. It is automatic, 122,000 km (75,000 miles) and been well maintained. I think it has been a construction vehicle and would ex lease. I am enjoying having aircon that works and heater demister that will blow air on the windscreen. I know these are not your cup of tea as vehicles go for towing your big trailers but they are a very capable 4x4 and have a rated towing capacity of 3.5 ton. I's main use will be going to town, a small box trailer and getting around my property especially when wet. The toughness of Hilux's are legendary. It will be my last vehicle for sure.

Ken

Wish they would sell them here. Is this Tacoma size or Tundra sized?
I don't know if there is a direct comparison but I googled and your Tacoma is the smaller one so I guess close to that, It is powered by a 2.8 litre turbo and intercooled diesel and like all of these little diesels they have to do the DPF burn off periodically unfortunately.

Ken

View attachment 35640
86 gonna Get new engine, and paint job before long…
Nice truck I love those square bodies.
I got just the motor for you ! 489 stroker. Never even been started supposed to go into a 70 Monte Carlo but I'm not going to finish it.image.jpg

Nice truck I love those square bodies.
I got just the motor for you ! 489 stroker. Never even been started supposed to go into a 70 Monte Carlo but I'm not going to finish it.View attachment 35679
Gotta ask why you aren't going to finish...

That's a lot of motor. Anything stroked is a huge step up regardless of cubic inches.

be nice in the Chevelle, but too much for what the truck will be doing..

Gotta ask why you aren't going to finish...

That's a lot of motor. Anything stroked is a huge step up regardless of cubic inches.
I'm just wore out from working on cars in my spare time. I'm finishing up a Subaru Baja mini truck and then I'm done.
I only got a couple of minor things left to do to a 67 Cadillac Eldorado that's been a seven or eight year project and I also only have some minor interior work to do to a 1980 Z28 ....
but the Monte Carlo has probably 1,200 hours left in the body and I spend all my time taking care of cattle or spending time on CT LOL

I'm just wore out from working on cars in my spare time. I'm finishing up a Subaru Baja mini truck and then I'm done.
I only got a couple of minor things left to do to a 67 Cadillac Eldorado that's been a seven or eight year project and I also only have some minor interior work to do to a 1980 Z28 ....
but the Monte Carlo has probably 1,200 hours left in the body and I spend all my time taking care of cattle or spending time on CT LOL
That's a lot of projects, all at one time. I've had several out in the back lot at one time, but never worked on more than one at a time.

This is one that a buddy of mine had sitting in a wrecking yard he owned. The car had been there from before he bought the business, as far as we could tell for 21 years. Someone had put a forklift through the side. I was helping him put in a septic tank/lines, running the backhoe, and he saw me looking at the car every once in a while... and he said, if you want that car you can have it. But there were a lot of missing parts.

20230120_185308.jpg

So after the septic system was complete we were relaxing and he had a customer call for a part he knew was at a lot up the road. He asked me to go get it and when I arrived at the other wrecking yard there was a same year and model car sitting there. It had only two parts missing that would have completed the convertible, a headlight bezel and the horn ring.

20230120_185330.jpg

Same car before I put the bumpers on. The car had a 390 with a 427 crank and jumped pretty good, but was a nice cruiser too.

1696358687991.jpeg
this was a salvage title truck, I rebuilt..best truck I've ever had ..My son would kill me if he knew I was sharing this picture of him ..it was a pulling machine, and got 21 mpg empty..

Got the itch for a flatbed , diesel ; either a Dodge or a Chevy . 2 I found are below 50,000 miles and are probably more truck than I need on the farm . Like I said , I have the itch but not $55,000 of scratch to satisfy the itch .

Hi all, how much is a truck like this going for? 460 Gas, 89 Ford One Ton, 4 door, 2 wheel drive, Dually paint a little rough, not much rust, 5th wheel hook up, drives great, guessing 100,000 plus miles, not sure, because the odometer rolls over at 100,000 miles.

Hi all, how much is a truck like this going for? 460 Gas, 89 Ford One Ton, 4 door, 2 wheel drive, Dually paint a little rough, not much rust, 5th wheel hook up, drives great, guessing 100,000 plus miles, not sure, because the odometer rolls over at 100,000 miles.

Like 2 grand. 2wd gasser ain't worth much.

I
I'd say in today's market, I wouldn't leave money on the table..I could sell my 96 ton for more than I give for it over 20 years ago..
I did Kelly Blue book and it said $3,400 trade in value $4,000 to $6,000 private party. I didn't think to check there until I had already asked on here.

Latest posts