truck nutz

Help Support CattleToday:

Alice":2fnogss5 said:
kjones":2fnogss5 said:
Alice, I think you are missing the whole point, which is there is a lot more that is offensive or obscene than a novelty item on a truck, yet doesn't seem to be worth the attention of the state legislators.

No, no...I've said before about this in another thread...the government should not legislate for or against this kind of thing. What I am saying is where do we, as adults, as parents and grandparents, draw the line, especially when it comes to teaching our children thru example. Again, if it's ok to let 'em swing from a truck bumper, is it ok to let 'em swing from a school locker? Or backpack? How can an adult/parent/grandparent say "It's ok for me, but you'd better not." Or, do we now think something like this is ok for kids to emulate in school, or anywhere for that matter.

Personally, I think we're walking a pretty thin line with this kind of "funny" no harm, no foul stuff and our children. Seems like this little "novelty" makes it a tad harder to teach common decency. Just my 2 cents.

Alice
So are you saying that you have never done anything that you tell your children not to do? Like smoke, drink alcohol, cuss, chew tobbaco, stay up late, drive fast? Anything?

kjones":gthnh8ec said:
Alice":gthnh8ec said:
kjones":gthnh8ec said:
Alice, I think you are missing the whole point, which is there is a lot more that is offensive or obscene than a novelty item on a truck, yet doesn't seem to be worth the attention of the state legislators.

No, no...I've said before about this in another thread...the government should not legislate for or against this kind of thing. What I am saying is where do we, as adults, as parents and grandparents, draw the line, especially when it comes to teaching our children thru example. Again, if it's ok to let 'em swing from a truck bumper, is it ok to let 'em swing from a school locker? Or backpack? How can an adult/parent/grandparent say "It's ok for me, but you'd better not." Or, do we now think something like this is ok for kids to emulate in school, or anywhere for that matter.

Personally, I think we're walking a pretty thin line with this kind of "funny" no harm, no foul stuff and our children. Seems like this little "novelty" makes it a tad harder to teach common decency. Just my 2 cents.

Alice
So are you saying that you have never done anything that you tell your children not to do? Like smoke, drink alcohol, cuss, chew tobbaco, stay up late, drive fast? Anything?

Nice try...

Alice

I'm thinking about putting nutz on my truck and chrome naked ladies and going to church just to see what happens.

Walt

Alice":no0hiaso said:
Miss Daisy":no0hiaso said:
Alice":no0hiaso said:
Question: Do all of you who decorate their truck bumpers with these little darlin's...do you take them off before you drive to church, or pick your kids up from school?

Obviously not, mores the pity. The Jesus I've studied and learned about...and have a great deal of love and respect for, would not think too highly of these "honk for Jesus" bumper stickers...nor the swingin' balls as they roll onto school parking lots...church parking lots...anywhere, for that matter. See, I've always thought that Jesus Christ was a whole lot about respect and decency for himself and humankind, and people offering respect and decency to humankind...but hey, what do I know...

Alice

Truth of the matter is this Jesus would act differently than most. Jesus would not condone or accept homosexuality, abortions, or the dress codes and dress like many dress in this day and time. Then about the Jesus bumper stickers wonder which He would rather see displayed a JESUS BUMPER STICKER or a Dallas cowboys and the like stickers. Then would he spend money on stupid stuff like the average person or would he be able to show a list of the following? Feed the hungry, visit those in prison, visit and care for the widows or less fortunate, clothe the naked all the things, He said if they were done, or left undone, were done unto HIM. { Remember the Bible makes no alocation or call for goverment welfare. The Biblical call is for doing unto others as Jesus would do and as He has called to be done.}

The average person has no conception what Jesus would do, and in reality when they find out it will be to late.

Bumper stickers? Heck, I hate that 4 by 4 sticker on my truck and they refused to remove it this time. Something about warranty or some other garbage like that. Next time they are either taking it off when they remove the carpet out of the truck, or I will go down the road to get a truck from some place else.

If someone likes driving around in an easter egg with all kinds of things hanging off of it, it is their right.

Alice":85gcuaz9 said:
Nice try...

Alice

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I got a last minute call to be a pall bearer for an old friend's father. He had come in from out of town and his sis had made arrangements and forgotten pall bearers and other things. Long story.

There was time for me to make it. Got on interstate and someone was getting their jollies driving 50 mph in the fast lane right along side someone else doing 50 in the slow lane. It went on for miles and miles. Thankfully I didn't make any wrong turns once I got off and I made it on time with atleast two minutes to spare.

The point is, there will always be folks "exercising their rights". Some times it is worse than other times.

hey yall are getting bent out of shape over something thats freedom of choice.heres something to think about.everyone knows that 2500 an 3500 diesels an f250 an f350s are pipe rackers.even with the gas motors.how we can drive them an rack the pipes out on them an not get a ticket.but if we let our kids drive them.they gonna get bused for loud pipes everytime.

Dusty-Trails":2blal9m2 said:
Also theres women that smoke cigars or smoke period they are disgusting.
I think that men who think women who smoke are "disgusting", based on the fact that they smoke ~ are disgusting.

angie":1x0i3i4w said:
Dusty-Trails":1x0i3i4w said:
I think that men who think women who smoke are "disgusting", based on the fact that they smoke ~ are disgusting.
I agree with you angie.

Dusty-Trails so are guys that smoke "disgusting" too? If not, whats the difference?

Dusty-Trails said:
Truth of the matter is this Jesus would act differently than most. Jesus would not condone or accept homosexuality, abortions, or the dress codes and dress like many dress in this day and time. Then about the Jesus bumper stickers wonder which He would rather see displayed a JESUS BUMPER STICKER or a Dallas cowboys and the like stickers. Then would he spend money on stupid stuff like the average person or would he be able to show a list of the following? Feed the hungry, visit those in prison, visit and care for the widows or less fortunate, clothe the naked all the things, He said if they were done, or left undone, were done unto HIM. { Remember the Bible makes no alocation or call for goverment welfare. The Biblical call is for doing unto others as Jesus would do and as He has called to be done.}

The average person has no conception what Jesus would do, and in reality when they find out it will be to late.

No sermons allowed Dusty. Jesus was called a wine bibber in holy scripture. Enjoyed a good wedding party and refused to allow the folks to run out of wine. (that would have been a disgrace to the family).

FarmGirl10":1yft4rcj said:
angie":1yft4rcj said:
Dusty-Trails":1yft4rcj said:
I agree with you angie.

Dusty-Trails so are guys that smoke "disgusting" too? If not, whats the difference?

I think smoking dipping chewing by anyone is disgusting yes in fact. That said I tend to place women on a pedestal and look at them as a beautiful help mate God made. I open doors for women dont for men I really look at them as being higher up than men being as God made them the bearer of children and such. So yes I look at women differently alot more respectfull to a true woman. Would not spit on a bar fly.

TexasBred":38f8tma3 said:

i believe lots of difference in the wine now and then. You forgot to call Alice's preaching huh. By the way its my opinion not preaching. See I did not ask for an offering. :lol2:

Dusty-Trails":3kesbqyk said:
I really look at them as being higher up than men being as God made them the bearer of children and such.
Wh...What?
I am speechless. Its only temporary though......

Would not spit on a bar fly.
I am sure bar flies everywhere appreciate the courtesy.
DT ~ I sure never saw myself getting into any sort of religious discussion on these boards BUT here's the deal. It is easy to love those that are lovable. You need to love those that are not, or love is not a virtue at all.

That being said ~ there are sure plenty I don't love. Between that I smoking, I figure my goose is cooked!

I had never seen or heard of these before reading about them on the board. Must be an "American thing".

I do not find them offensive however they are in poor taste and is something you would never see around here.

Question for those that do have them, is your favorite radio show Bubba the Love Sponge?????? :lol2: FTE>>>

BTW smoking is very very unhealthy and everyone should quit, but I will not preach as I have my own vices that are not healthy either. ;-)

I also think Uncle Sam has enough to worry about besides this, like a trillion dollar deficit and the fine men and women fighting over seas.

When do the '09 models come out to the dealers?

Do you think fuel efficiency will be better?

angie":1iicjvdy said:
Dusty-Trails":1iicjvdy said:

Gotta agree with you there, angie. Besides, my wife smokes, and I don't take kindly to some idiot telling me she's disgusting. I guess it's a good thing it wasn't done face to face.

Latest posts