Big thanks to the numb nutz that run this show

Help Support CattleToday:

Farm Fence Solutions

Reaction score
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/air-f ... spartandhp

FWIW, that is the capacity of 256 Yeti 110's....that would cost $128,000. That would leave $23,872,000 to buy ice. At $2 a bag, that's nearly 12 million bags of ice. That works out to 46,625 bags of ice per cooler. At one bag per cooler per day, the budget would be good for more than 127 years. No mother stinking maintenance. Ever.

Give me a break. I could build them a refrigerator twice that size for half the price.

Could you build it for 1/2 that price meeting DoD specs?
Will a Yeti110 keep ice for 21 consecutive 24 hour days?
Food handling requirements aboard AF1&2 are that they and their refrigerators has to have enough food on board for 3 weeks of uninterrupted flight. No touchdown anywhere. Inflight refueling of course, but I have never seen an aircraft of any kind that's capable of inflight replenishment of stores.

One of the other specs (according to a news article's words) is the chillers' walls and doors have to be able to stop gamma radiation.

MREs?

callmefence":13b8e3v5 said:
I was thinking i could buy a really good fridge for what a yeti 110 cost.

256 really good fridges and Honda generators for all of them....a few ratchet straps so they don't blow off the wings....problem solved.

greybeard":2irxckp6 said:
Could you build it for 1/2 that price meeting DoD specs?
Will a Yeti110 keep ice for 21 consecutive 24 hour days?
Food handling requirements aboard AF1&2 are that they and their refrigerators has to have enough food on board for 3 weeks of uninterrupted flight. No touchdown anywhere. Inflight refueling of course, but I have never seen an aircraft of any kind that's capable of inflight replenishment of stores.

One of the other specs (according to a news article's words) is the chillers' walls and doors have to be able to stop gamma radiation.

MREs?

50 bucks says there's an ice maker on that bird. ;-)

No doubt.
Now, how much fresh water do they carry and how much capacity are the waste water tanks?
(Or had you planned on just opening the door and throwing the water from the melted ice out?)

I wouldn't wish that on even our previous previous president. 'mystery meat/with juices' :yuck: :yuck:
(It's MREs nowadays tho bbirder)

greybeard":1mq587vn said:
No doubt.
Now, how much fresh water do they carry and how much capacity are the waste water tanks?
(Or had you planned on just opening the door and throwing the water from the melted ice out?)

Naw Greybeard, ya can't just go wasting water like that. It just go right back to the icemaker. That'd make it worth a few more million because of the recycle stamp.

greybeard":2e3nto1o said:
I wouldn't wish that on even our previous previous president. 'mystery meat/with juices' :yuck: :yuck:
(It's MREs nowadays tho bbirder)

Knew that but mind went blank when I needed it. CRS disease. :bang:
And I would on the last one and worse.

greybeard":1v78l8hh said:
........but I have never seen an aircraft of any kind that's capable of inflight replenishment of stores.......?

Just coincidence I was reading about this and thought I'd share.

"Thaden teamed up with Frances Marsalis and set a new refueling endurance record of 196 hours over Long Island, New York August 14–22, 1932. The pair made seventy-eight air-to-air refueling maneuvers. Food, water, oil, and fuel were passed down to the two by means of a rope from another aircraft. The event, dubbed by the press as the "The Flying Boudoir," gained national attention, and the pair made a series of live radio broadcasts from the aircraft."
http://www.encyclopediaofarkansas.net/e ... entryID=30

Farm Fence Solutions":3xf2vipr said:
greybeard":3xf2vipr said:
No doubt.

Naw Greybeard, ya can't just go wasting water like that. It just go right back to the icemaker. That'd make it worth a few more million because of the recycle stamp.

Anytime between late may to mid October their welcome to dump that ice water over central Texas.
Septic tank can be dumped over Georgia.. :cboy:

Latest posts