truck nutz

Help Support CattleToday:

Angie
If you are serious about getting them patch deals just a heads up something I learned first hand. Just because one patch works don't go thinking 2 will work better. And you really don't want to forget you are currently wearing 2 patches then light up out of habit while driving down the interstate. They will look at you real funny when you blow right thru the Sioux Falls Port of Entry. Even worse when you don't stop after they chase you. I **** you not I never seen the scale when I went by it or the cops chasing me. I'm glad no body got hurt. The Great state of South Dakota had more money in the general fund after I left there that day.

somn":11zzufq8 said:
Angie
If you are serious about getting them patch deals just a heads up something I learned first hand. Just because one patch works don't go thinking 2 will work better. And you really don't want to forget you are currently wearing 2 patches then light up out of habit while driving down the interstate. They will look at you real funny when you blow right thru the Sioux Falls Port of Entry. Even worse when you don't stop after they chase you. I be nice you not I never seen the scale when I went by it or the cops chasing me. I'm glad no body got hurt. The Great state of South Dakota had more money in the general fund after I left there that day.

somn....I am not sure if you intended this to be tongue in cheek, but you really made my day with that story! :nod:

somn":1sg36jkd said:
Angie
The Great state of South Dakota had more money in the general fund after I left there that day.
somn ~ Is that true?! Good Lord!

I have tried before the patches. I have tried that nasty gum. I have tried hypnotism (sp?). I have tried Wellbutrin. I have tried cold turkey. I am sure there are other things I have tried but you get the point. As to the patches ~ sure thought about putting more than one on at a time, but thought I would fall over dead. Tried switching to menthol. Anyhow ~ thanks for the heads up! :shock:

angie":3dqgnbh1 said:
Dusty-Trails":3dqgnbh1 said:
Laugh and make light about smoking its your habit weakness or crutch not mine.
Sheath your claws DT, and I will return the favor. I appreciate what you are saying there ~ not quite the same as "you're disgusting".

If I quit can I have a kiss? ;-) (you're supposed to laugh, that is kinda funny.)

Have a groovy night.

Angie, I came out of mass one day and a little lady said "I just want you to know I'm praying for you". I said thank you and "I'll pray for you also". Well she said "You don't understand...I'm praying that God will deliver you from those cigarettes"....As politely as I could I told her "yes and I'm praying that God will teach you to mind your own dam business". ;-)

Yeah when I finally stopped they did the breathilizer deal they thought I was drunk heck I thought I might have been drunk I didn't know what was wrong with me. We went to the hospital there in Sioux Falls they were thinking drugs of some kind I told them man I have never did any drugs of any kind I'm guessing they have heard that a million times. That came back negative then I started puking. Then the cops stepped away after a boat load of tests and questions the doctors had it pinned down to the nicotine patches and the smoking. Sat there all day puking they gave me drugs of some kind helped a little. They released me later got truck out of impound. Paid various fines on the spot for things in the truck that I wasn't supposed to have and a couple lights out. Later on my Process agents received documentation requesting my appearance in court at a later date for failing to stop and hindering a police act or something like that. Lots of fun.

TexasBred":24yuweag said:
As politely as I could I told her "yes and I'm praying that God will teach you to mind your own dam business". ;-)
Good for you TB! Do you know ~ I had a woman, who looks like that one Walt posted of me, come up to me and start talking to me about how bad smoking was for my health! It was all I could do not to laugh out loud. I said to her "Are you serious?" She says "Yes! Blah blah blah....." Whatever. For now they keep me sane.

angie":3cjvooqm said:
TexasBred":3cjvooqm said:
As politely as I could I told her "yes and I'm praying that God will teach you to mind your own dam business". ;-)
Good for you TB! Do you know ~ I had a woman, who looks like that one Walt posted of me, come up to me and start talking to me about how bad smoking was for my health! It was all I could do not to laugh out loud. I said to her "Are you serious?" She says "Yes! Blah blah blah....." Whatever. For now they keep me sane.

You tripped my trigger. There is a huge tax on cigs, and one justification is the bill society pays for Medicare treatment of smokers.
Obesity is the new health care crisis, and soft drinks are a large part of the problem. Just look at the fountain drink section of your store the next time you buy gas. Why is there no tax on soft drinks? They aren't "food" and they are clearly bad for our health. A nickel on a can would raise a lot of money for the states.

Txwalt":1wfaobkl said:
Brute 23":1wfaobkl said:
Every thing offends some on, at one point in time.
.... In this country it should be perfectly legal to offend anyone and everyone. I'm dead serious. The 1st amendment doesn't prohibit speech if it offends someone. For example "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. UNLESS IT OFFENDS SOMEONE." Of course it doesn't say "UNLESS IT OFFENDS SOMEONE". The first amendment guaranteed us the right to offend people. Of course now we can't because the Government, companies, and PC opinion is stifling us. We have drifted from the true intentions of our forefathers. Maybe that is why we are taxed 6 ways to Sunday and our forefathers overthrew the most powerful country of that time partly over a tea tax.

Walt

Walt, I must admit. a lot of your posts are a swing and a miss as far as I am concerned. But you hit a walking home run on this one. :tiphat:

jsut a thought here cuz i said i wasnt gonna post about the nutz thing again but ya know...it really all boils down to the same thing.

mind yer own bizness.....live and let live. im with yall for the most part but if its aint hurting anyone and even if its only hurtin me(the smokin thing) then yall know how i feel.

funny how the topic has completely changed and were still talkin baout the same thing...

flaboy ya there? yer with me i know

hillsdown":1or042ym said:
Well standing in line at the grocerie store on Monday the guy in front of me asked for smokes and the gal said $10.75 .
Our dollars are the same now also..........Do people quit because of cost...................NOOOOOOOOOO.......

HD, I have students who never are able to pay for things like activities on field trips, stuff like that, because their parents say they can't afford it. I am talking six bucks for a pizza buffet. Yet those parents have money for smokes. It makes my blood boil.

Angie, you will quit smoking if and when you are ready to quit, and not a minute before. All the patches, medications and will power in the world won't help until you want to quit. Then you will.

That is what I did. I just decided it was time. Fell off the wagon once and smoked like, three, and haven't since. Still think about it, but have avoided it so far. Sometimes, I will tell myself that I am gonna go buy a pack, but then I never do.

Angie, you will quit smoking if and when you are ready to quit, and not a minute before. All the patches, medications and will power in the world won't help until you want to quit. Then you will.
by Lammie on Fri May 09, 2008 3:09 pm

That is exactly it Lammie and if you have never been a smoker you will never GET IT>>>>>>>>>

People that have had other addictions as well as smoking say that cigarette smoking is the hardest to give up. I wish they were prohibited years ago then I would never have started.

Angie when you do really decide to quit it will be hell but you will fight through it because you want to. Then one day you will realize that you don't even want one, and wonder how "that" happened. Also if you try and your spouse still smokes it will never work no matter how hard hard you try as they will always sabotage you.

And when you start gaining weight even though you run 6 miles a day still you really will want to start again.... :( . Thinking that it causes wrinkles helps one quit as well.. ;-)

The smoking thing is called matter over mind. It has to matter to one or they will never get over it. I guess I will catch hell for saying this. But what the heck most started smoking to fit in. They got hooked on a manipulated drug and yet wonder why and how their children could do the things they do. If one says they cant quit smoking how can they expect their children to be overcomers of their addictions? In other words how can we teach or preach to children they can do all things all the while not having the will power to quit smoking? Kind of like people being offended by the truck nuts while using the excuse what children might see. Yet they condone homosexuality. :roll: :???: Just cant figure things out sometimes! I my self would not be upset over the truck nuts. But the homos kissing and parading around in front of my grand children sure does make me sick.

Txwalt":n338umdi said:
In this country it should be perfectly legal to offend anyone and everyone. I'm dead serious. The 1st amendment doesn't prohibit speech if it offends someone. For example "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. UNLESS IT OFFENDS SOMEONE." Of course it doesn't say "UNLESS IT OFFENDS SOMEONE". The first amendment guaranteed us the right to offend people. Of course now we can't because the Government, companies, and PC opinion is stifling us. We have drifted from the true intentions of our forefathers. Maybe that is why we are taxed 6 ways to Sunday and our forefathers overthrew the most powerful country of that time partly over a tea tax.

Walt

There is a time and place for everything. I think it is legal to but maybe not PC to offend folks. Other forms of vocal demonstration are considered to be a legal issue but not many.

I don't understand how you don't think you can't legally offend someone. I'm not sure in my years i understand that as a basic need.

hillsdown":2j469eql said:
by Lammie on Fri May 09, 2008 3:09 pm

That is exactly it Lammie and if you have never been a smoker you will never GET IT>>>>>>>>>

People that have had other addictions as well as smoking say that cigarette smoking is the hardest to give up. I wish they were prohibited years ago then I would never have started.

Angie when you do really decide to quit it will be be nice but you will fight through it because you want to. Then one day you will realize that you don't even want one, and wonder how "that" happened. Also if you try and your spouse still smokes it will never work no matter how hard hard you try as they will always sabotage you.

And when you start gaining weight even though you run 6 miles a day still you really will want to start again.... :( . Thinking that it causes wrinkles helps one quit as well.. ;-)

Steve made me crazy quitting. He'd quit and then I would smoke more because he made me nervous. I would quit and he'd smoke around me. He would quit and I would not and it made him smoke again. I finally just told him that he could quit or not, that I had, and I had no intention of starting again. Then he quit, too.

He did cheat more than I did, and when I caught him, I rained all over him. We promised each other that we would not smoke again. We had never promised before, and I am holding him to it.

hillsdown":3pemi3wn said:
This made me laugh hd, I would not run 6 yards let alone six miles, even if being chased by the boogie man! I always say ~ turn and fight cause I ain't runnin'! Also, as crazy as things are, I will go bald, and no one will notice the wrinkles! :lol2:

Anyhow ~ Lammie, wish you tons of luck with quitting. It is for sure a hard thing to do.

One of my quit smoking methods was to just whip my cigarettes out the window as I was driving down the road. (DO NOT LECTURE ME ABOUT LITTERING ANYONE! I have never before or since tossed a thing out the window.) It got to the point where i would watch to see where they landed so I could go back and pick them up! :oops: :help:

angie":3flijv96 said:
hillsdown":3flijv96 said:
This made me laugh hd, I would not run 6 yards let alone six miles, even if being chased by the boogie man! I always say ~ turn and fight cause I ain't runnin'! Also, as crazy as things are, I will go bald, and no one will notice the wrinkles! :lol2:

Anyhow ~ Lammie, wish you tons of luck with quitting. It is for sure a hard thing to do.

One of my quit smoking methods was to just whip my cigarettes out the window as I was driving down the road. (DO NOT LECTURE ME ABOUT LITTERING ANYONE! I have never before or since tossed a thing out the window.) It got to the point where i would watch to see where they landed so I could go back and pick them up! :oops: :help:

Why not just take up chewin, it will satisfy the oral craving and you get all the nicotine you need, you will also immediately smell better, and no wrinkles. Of course your teeth will fall out, your lip will rot off and your breath will smell like a dead dog. But at least you won't be smokin

angie":1w7809s9 said:
hillsdown":1w7809s9 said:

It got to the point where i would watch to see where they landed so I could go back and pick them up! :oops: :help:

I believe that, Angie.

Ever had a piece of chocolate B'day cake left in the box, thrown it in the trash so you wouldn't eat it (subconsciously made certain it was still in the box you understand :p ), then paced the floor until you couldn't stand it any longer, dug the box out of the trash, and hated yourself the entire time you were licking the last little bit of chocolate off your fingers? :oops: :help: :oops:

Alice

1982vett":3nrr0v5p said:
Txwalt":3nrr0v5p said:
Brute 23":3nrr0v5p said:
Every thing offends some on, at one point in time.
.... In this country it should be perfectly legal to offend anyone and everyone. I'm dead serious. The 1st amendment doesn't prohibit speech if it offends someone. For example "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. UNLESS IT OFFENDS SOMEONE." Of course it doesn't say "UNLESS IT OFFENDS SOMEONE". The first amendment guaranteed us the right to offend people. Of course now we can't because the Government, companies, and PC opinion is stifling us. We have drifted from the true intentions of our forefathers. Maybe that is why we are taxed 6 ways to Sunday and our forefathers overthrew the most powerful country of that time partly over a tea tax.

Walt

Walt, I must admit. a lot of your posts are a swing and a miss as far as I am concerned. But you hit a walking home run on this one. :tiphat:

Thank you, I think?

Walt

In this country it should be perfectly legal to offend anyone and everyone. I'm dead serious. The 1st amendment doesn't prohibit speech if it offends someone. For example "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. UNLESS IT OFFENDS SOMEONE." Of course it doesn't say "UNLESS IT OFFENDS SOMEONE". The first amendment guaranteed us the right to offend people. Of course now we can't because the Government, companies, and PC opinion is stifling us. We have drifted from the true intentions of our forefathers. Maybe that is why we are taxed 6 ways to Sunday and our forefathers overthrew the most powerful country of that time partly over a tea tax.

Walt[/quote]

Thank you, I think?

Walt[/quote]

Rights and Responsibilities. You can't yell Fire in a movie threater. You can't walk up to someone's grandma and tell her to go take a flying leap at the moon. Unless she really deserved it... I tell my students all the time, you can't just say the first thing that pops into your head. You have to think about what you say and how you act. Like BHB said in another thread, people have long memories. The things you say and do today may be remembered long afterward.

Latest posts