truck nutz

Help Support CattleToday:

kjones

Reaction score
So I understand Florida is going to ban having these hanging from your trucks. What I don't get is how can fake testicles hanging on a truck be offensive, but you can still go to the beach and see people walking around with their butt hanging out the sides of a thong bikini. Not saying I would be offended or anything (unless it was some 300 lb harry guy named Vinnie on vacation from Philly :shock: ).It just doesn't make sense to me.

kjones":2dlnuhmk said:
So I understand Florida is going to ban having these hanging from your trucks. What I don't get is how can fake testicles hanging on a truck be offensive, but you can still go to the beach and see people walking around with their butt hanging out the sides of a thong bikini. Not saying I would be offended or anything (unless it was some 300 lb harry guy named Vinnie on vacation from Philly :shock: ).It just doesn't make sense to me.

Kj..doesn't offend me either. First "set" I ever saw I about had a wreck from laughing so hard...and laughed off and on for an hour everytime I thought about it. A lot of the bullwagons down this way have them.

kjones":2f7v2p5x said:

There has been more than one discussion on here about that. Doesn't offend me, I always thought to each their own. If you want to have bull balls hanging from your truck, so be it.

It doesn't offend me any either. But it is obviously offensive to others. That is why they passed the law and that is why I would not hang them from my truck. Just an ethics issue for some folks you could say.

They are hanging from the bulls out in the pastures and you pass by every day. I've got a picture of one of my old bulls hanging in my cube and no one has ever been offended and there they are, plain as day. If someone tells me it is offensive to them, I'll take the pic down. No big deal.

Are dangling udders still legal? I wouldn't be offended personally by those either.

backhoeboogie":3dakpryp said:
Are dangling udders still legal? I wouldn't be offended personally by those either.
Yes Boogie there still legal, i saw several in Wally World this morning.

i for 1 get a good laugh when i see trucks round here with emm.heck might as well banned the crome nudie women on the muddflapps as well lolol.

So, would it be ok if kidz want to hang nutz off their school lockers? Or maybe their backpacks/bookbags? I know the teachers would get a real kick out of telling little Johnny it's NOT ok to flash them around, even tho daddy hangs them off the bumper of his truck.

Alice

Alice, I think you are missing the whole point, which is there is a lot more that is offensive or obscene than a novelty item on a truck, yet doesn't seem to be worth the attention of the state legislators.

Alice":35n68nxk said:
So, would it be ok if kidz want to hang nutz off their school lockers? Or maybe their backpacks/bookbags? I know the teachers would get a real kick out of telling little Johnny it's NOT ok to flash them around, even tho daddy hangs them off the bumper of his truck.

Alice

The difference I see is the school locker belongs to the people and the truck belongs to an individual. However, I would hope civility and moral character would determine when and where to publicly display such and item.

The truck nutz dont bother me. That said probably the most sickening of things is. 1. a man with about 10 inche's of bellie hanging over his drawers and a shirt thats 4 inches above his belt line. Then theres the plumbers crack men or women both are sickening. Also theres women that smoke cigars or smoke period they are disgusting. Lastly a woman with boobs that look like they were caught in the wringer washer going with out a bra. :shock: Then again any woman bra-less in public tends to make them look cheap and available to one and all.

The most apealing thing to me is a country woman that keeps her self up and dont wear makeup and dont dress like a two bit hooker. Kind of like groomed and dolled up cows they aint what they are cracked up to be once the shine is removed.

kjones":2zupg4g9 said:
Alice, I think you are missing the whole point, which is there is a lot more that is offensive or obscene than a novelty item on a truck, yet doesn't seem to be worth the attention of the state legislators.

No, no...I've said before about this in another thread...the government should not legislate for or against this kind of thing. What I am saying is where do we, as adults, as parents and grandparents, draw the line, especially when it comes to teaching our children thru example. Again, if it's ok to let 'em swing from a truck bumper, is it ok to let 'em swing from a school locker? Or backpack? How can an adult/parent/grandparent say "It's ok for me, but you'd better not." Or, do we now think something like this is ok for kids to emulate in school, or anywhere for that matter.

Personally, I think we're walking a pretty thin line with this kind of "funny" no harm, no foul stuff and our children. Seems like this little "novelty" makes it a tad harder to teach common decency. Just my 2 cents.

Alice

Question: Do all of you who decorate their truck bumpers with these little darlin's...do you take them off before you drive to church, or pick your kids up from school?

Alice

Alice":2v5gd18t said:
Question: Do all of you who decorate their truck bumpers with these little darlin's...do you take them off before you drive to church, or pick your kids up from school?

Alice
Aunt Alice, We got some great role models out there don't we? Kids aint got no Heroes anymore except Hannah whatever or Brittany Spears. Just what we need is them exposed to is "Bovine Genatalia".Bad enough the trash that's starts at 7:00 PM on TV and the rest of the stuff they can get into.

Alice":3mye9wgq said:

Alice

Does anyone remove their 'honk for jesus' stickers when they're not in the church parking lot? how about those little calvin emblems? anyone take those off when parked at fred myers? i will not pull the shotgun out of my back window just because it makes someone nervous, and i've had that discussion more than once!

Miss Daisy":19s9h9ak said:
anyone take those off when parked at fred myers?

Miss Daisy, I had never seen a Fred Myers until I was in Oregon and then briefly lived in Washington. I had forgotten all about them and have never seen them anywhere else in the U.S. in my travels. They may exist elsewhere. More than likely, the folks who don't live in that proximity have no idea what you are talking about.

Edit: for those who don't know, Fred Myers is a lot like a regular Wally World. Not a super Wally, just the regular one.

backhoeboogie":3vyzpy41 said:
Miss Daisy":3vyzpy41 said:
anyone take those off when parked at fred myers?

Miss Daisy, I had never seen a Fred Myers until I was in Oregon and then briefly lived in Washington. I had forgotten all about them and have never seen them anywhere else in the U.S. in my travels. They may exist elsewhere. More than likely, the folks who don't live in that proximity have no idea what you are talking about.

Edit: for those who don't know, Fred Myers is a lot like a regular Wally World. Not a super Wally, just the regular one.

bhb, i had no idea it was a northwest thing i dont get out much! yes, it is much like a walmart, but maybe a little higher class. maybe.

Miss Daisy":39ftgn20 said:
Alice":39ftgn20 said:

Alice

Does anyone remove their 'honk for jesus' stickers when they're not in the church parking lot?

Obviously not, mores the pity. The Jesus I've studied and learned about...and have a great deal of love and respect for, would not think too highly of these "honk for Jesus" bumper stickers...nor the swingin' balls as they roll onto school parking lots...church parking lots...anywhere, for that matter. See, I've always thought that Jesus Christ was a whole lot about respect and decency for himself and humankind, and people offering respect and decency to humankind...but hey, what do I know...

Alice

Crowderfarms":dz5w0pb4 said:
Alice":dz5w0pb4 said:

Alice
Aunt Alice, We got some great role models out there don't we? Kids aint got no Heroes anymore except Hannah whatever or Brittany Spears. Just what we need is them exposed to is "Bovine Genatalia".Bad enough the trash that's starts at 7:00 PM on TV and the rest of the stuff they can get into.

Yes indeed, son...yes indeed...

Alice

Latest posts