Took out a general............

Help Support CattleToday:

Jeanne - Simme Valley said:
Redgully - not trying to bust you. Just tired of the media NEVER referring to him as Pres Trump. Obama was Pres Obama across the board. Disgusting how they use little things like that to brain wash our people. If they don't respect him enough to call him President, why should the public?
And I sure hope the fires settle down. Here's hoping for rain in the new year!

I do agree with you, i have been annoyed the way your President has been treated. He was elected by a democracy, then all the people who didn't get what they wanted come up with all these conspiracies and impeachment rubbish. To me they are calling the American people idiots. Same in the U.K. they clearly voted for brexit and then all the people who didn't get what they wanted arc up dismissing a democratic election. True, a leaders decisions whilst in leadership can be challenged at the end of the day if the people are not happy they are able to do something about it at the next election.

Red gully, our country on the last election loss has brought out some of the most repulsive and and disrespectful people you can imagine, if I vote for a candidate and they loose, I live with it, and hope for the best, may still have my view on it, but hope they prove me wrong, because it is still a benefit, but not this time, doesn't matter what he does.

hurleyjd said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Only a fool would hand over that much cash to a terrorist regime.
TT: I was working at E-Systems when the embassy was over run in Tehran. We were working on two 707 for their presidential fleet. Pulled them from the hanger and parked them. Iran had paid up front for these two planes. Also when everything kinda of settled down and were back on better terms they wanted the planes not finished. We made them flyable and the CIA pilots delivered them to Tehran. This was in the last years of the Reagan administration.

https://www.nytimes.com/1984/04/12/business/transfer-of-707-s-to-iran-is-disputed.html

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zakdoffman/2020/01/05/first-suleimani-attack-by-iranian-hackers-hits-us-exposing-noisy-new-threat/#65bff7056fd3

One of my customers had his only son killed in Iraq by a high powered IED. He told me today he feels like Justice was served. This is the sacrifice others gave for us to be free! It's something only Americans Understand! A cause greater than ourself to the GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD!

One thing is for certain; if you are going to do the d*mn thing, then you better be all in to do the d*mn thing. P*ssyfooting around does not work when dealing with terrorists or anyone with extreme religious ideology. There is no compromise or real negotiation. Either we are all in or we need to get the h*ll out completely. There is no middle ground. Even the Romans couldn't manage it during the height of their power. The Middle East is a disaster and has been for centuries. President Trump appears to be the type of man that is all in. Time will tell if for better or worse.

bball said:
One thing is for certain; if you are going to do the d*mn thing, then you better be all in to do the d*mn thing. P*ssyfooting around does not work when dealing with terrorists or anyone with extreme religious ideology. There is no compromise or real negotiation. Either we are all in or we need to get the h*ll out completely. There is no middle ground. Even the Romans couldn't manage it during the height of their power. The Middle East is a disaster and has been for centuries. President Trump appears to be the type of man that is all in. Time will tell if for better or worse.
I agree Brad. I think I'd rather be ALL OUT than ALL IN. Bring our folks home. But I'm not sure we can be ALL OUT. I sure hate it for the soldiers that have to be there. Civilians made a choice to be there. Sure proud I'm an American IN AMERICA. That's a fact.

Neither Iran nor the US are going to do anything dramatic. TT is hoping for a nuclear war. Oh boy. You should hear him sometimes.

These countries will posture for the next year. You cannot believe anything said publicly. So far, I think Iran is better at posturing. Their talking heads seem more dramatic than President Trump. It is hard to focus on what President Trump is saying with all that pretty hair.

I suspect this will drag on for a longtime. They will continue to pick at each other. There is no honor in this World and the woman has not lived yet that has given birth to an honest politician.

Caustic Burno said:
sstterry said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Bullshyt.

You're smarter than that Buck.

The dude was a bad guy! Intelligence says they were planning an attack on Americans. I don't disagree with taking him out. I do question the strategy and seriously question the action being taken without notifying Congress. I will wait to form a final opinion.

Half of congress is in bed with the terrorist, I wouldn't have told them either. If they are not directly in bed with them they hate America and Americans as much IMO.

I'm convinced some in congress are being funded by the same people who are funding the terrorist.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
I never said war, I said we should turn the whole place into a glass parking lot.

I heard you. Maybe it is semantics but a nuclear strike of that magnitude could loosely be called a nuclear war.

Bright Raven said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
I never said war, I said we should turn the whole place into a glass parking lot.

I heard you. Maybe it is semantics but a nuclear strike of that magnitude could loosely be called a nuclear war.

I rarely disagree with you. But I think it would be called a nuclear strike, not a nuclear war. One and done.

Richnm said:
Bright Raven said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

I rarely disagree with you. But I think it would be called a nuclear strike, not a nuclear war. One and done.

Let's call it a nuclear strike. It ain't gonna happen.

I don't believe Iran will push the envelope but if they do, the response will be conventional weapons and strategic strikes. No way is any of the nuclear powers going to use nuclear weapons unless their national existence is threatened.

I believe the Iranians will push quite hard in the coming weeks/months, and I won't/don't for a moment believe the use of (low yield) nuclear weapons as a response from our govt is even close to being off the table...nor should it be. There is a reason this happened last May 31. The United States formally withdrew from the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty with Russia.

Stipulations:

The words TT used: "we should turn the whole place into a glass parking lot".

That would be impractical with low-yield nuclear weapons. Thus, the implication is the use of high-yield nuclear weapons.

That ain't gonna happen.

Furthermore, it is total speculation on all fronts, but I don't think nuclear weapons will be deployed of any kind. The repercussions from the rest of the world will curtail that.

Edited to add: nuclear weapons have not been deployed in war since August 9, 1945. They have been detonated but not used in an act of war.

Stipulations, really, us against iran, the funniest thing about this is Pelosi saying you didn't tell us that you were going to kill that good guy from Iran that are past president paid billions of dollars to a terrorist country, but I didn't tell him him that we were going to kill him either.

Nuclear weapons,including tactical nuclear weapons have been deployed many times and still are today. They just haven't been used for anything other than deterrent. The US deployed huge numbers of tactical nukes to S. Korea for about 30 years. Mines, artillery, bombs..
https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/00963402.2017.1388656

Richnm said:
This is the sacrifice others gave for us to be free! It's something only Americans Understand!

Is that rhetoric or do you believe that to be true? Or am I misunderstanding this statement?

Latest posts