Took out a general............

Help Support CattleToday:

I wish people would stop saying we paid billions to Iran. That is totally fake made-up news. I posted about it earlier. For a decent and civil discussion, at least rely on real facts and not Fox News and Donald Trump made up propaganda stories.

greybeard said:
Nuclear weapons,including tactical nuclear weapons have been deployed many times and still are today. They just haven't been used for anything other than deterrent. The US deployed huge numbers of tactical nukes to S. Korea for about 30 years. Mines, artillery, bombs..
https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/00963402.2017.1388656

I was wrong. I used the word deploy when I meant detonate. My bad.

To restate it correctly.

Nuclear weapons have not been detonated in war since August 9, 1945. They have been detonated but not used in an act of war.

You can reference that in Wikipedia:

So far, two nuclear weapons have been used in the course of warfare, both by the United States near the end of World War II. On August 6, 1945, a uranium gun-type device (code name "Little Boy") was detonated over the Japanese city of . Three days later, on August 9, a plutonium implosion-type device (code name "Fat Man") was detonated over the Japanese city of Nagasaki. These two bombings resulted in the deaths of approximately 120,000 people.

Bright Raven said:
greybeard said:
Nuclear weapons,including tactical nuclear weapons have been deployed many times and still are today. They just haven't been used for anything other than deterrent. The US deployed huge numbers of tactical nukes to S. Korea for about 30 years. Mines, artillery, bombs..

To restate it correctly.

Nuclear weapons have not been detonated in war since August 9, 1945. They have been detonated but not used in an act of war.

So far, two nuclear weapons have been used in the course of warfare, both by the United States near the end of World War II. On August 6, 1945, a uranium gun-type device (code name "Little Boy") was detonated over the Japanese city of . Three days later, on August 9, a plutonium implosion-type device (code name "Fat Man") was detonated over the Japanese city of Nagasaki. These two bombings resulted in the deaths of approximately 120,000 people.
I am glad you cleared that up..

jltrent said:
Bright Raven said:
greybeard said:

To restate it correctly.

I am glad you cleared that up..

Everything in the Service of Information, Your Grace. ;-)

sstterry said:
I wish people would stop saying we paid billions to Iran. That is totally fake made-up news. I posted about it earlier. For a decent and civil discussion, at least rely on real facts and not Fox News and Donald Trump made up propaganda stories.

Some will not have the Constitution to Confess it. The Man is the Master of Propaganda.

sstterry said:

The facts are we had the money and gave it to them right.? Regardless of where it came from.

callmefence said:
sstterry said:

The facts are we had the money and gave it to them right.? Regardless of where it came from.

Yes we had their money and the deal was we would return it. It was also money frozen by several other countries that were part of the same deal. It was not just us, but all of our allies also.

sstterry said:
callmefence said:
sstterry said:

Yes we had their money and the deal was we would return it. It was also money frozen by several other countries that were part of the same deal. It was not just us, but all of our allies also.

And Iran promptly put those funds to work promoting terrorism.

Please don't deny that.

greybeard said:
There are 50 nuclear bombs storied at the Incirlik Air Base in Turkey. Turkey is threatening to force the USA to close the base and leave. Putin in knee deep in everything where the USA once was prominent.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=turkey+air+base+incirlik&view=detail&mid=BCF4C60687817237CED3BCF4C60687817237CED3&FORM=VIRE

TennesseeTuxedo said:
sstterry said:
callmefence said:

Please don't deny that.
I won't deny that because I don't know. Like I said at the beginning. I am still withholding judgment as to whether the drone strike was justified at this time. what I do know is that we are now in a heck of a mess. Iraq has ordered all of our troops out of its country and I am sure that Russia will be happy to step in once again to fill the void.

The whole middle east political morass is way above my pay grade to understand.

sstterry said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
sstterry said:

Please don't deny that.
I won't deny that because I don't know. Like I said at the beginning. I am still withholding judgment as to whether the drone strike was justified at this time. what I do know is that we are now in a heck of a mess. Iraq has ordered all of our troops out of its country and I am sure that Russia will be happy to step in once again to fill the void.

The whole middle east political morass is way above my pay grade to understand.

Political morass is an apt description. It is fun to ruminant about but there are only a couple on the board who are experts (not me) on the subject and one of those is not TT. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

sstterry said:
And I readily admit that is is not me either. I am sure we could settle the whole Middle East problem on Cattle Today, if they would just let us!

Oh my, TT already has it figured out! It just means we would have to find a new planet to live on after he was finished. :help:

The TT solution.

☄☄☄☄☄🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀

Wonder why the sun isn't shining?

🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚

☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢

Bright Raven said:
sstterry said:

Some will not have the Constitution to Confess it. The Man is the Master of Propaganda.
I guess MSNBC or the Huffington Post has a more legit view .
If a plane load of money shows up in your driveway I guess you could consider it a gift versus payment. The question is why would you fund terrorist against your own country.
From where I sit looks to me like you're in bed with them.

Caustic Burno said:
Bright Raven said:
sstterry said:

If a plane load of money shows up in your driveway I guess you could consider it a gift versus payment. The question is why would you fund terrorist against your own country.

I was replying to sstterry's comment about propaganda. In my lifetime, no one has employed propaganda, rhetoric, etc with the skill of President Trump. I am neither criticizing or commending him. The man can speak for 30 minutes and say nothing.

Caustic Burno said:
Bright Raven said:
sstterry said:

Time magazine article on why the money was here and why it was released.
https://time.com/4441046/400-million-iran-hostage-history/

Bright Raven said:
Caustic Burno said:
Bright Raven said:

I was replying to sstterry's comment about propaganda. In my lifetime, no one has employed propaganda, rhetoric, etc with the skill of President Trump. I am neither criticizing or commending him. The man can speak for 30 minutes and say nothing.

I prefer that to anti-American rhetoric and negativity. The markets are good.

Latest posts