Been out of Pocket

Help Support CattleToday:

Insurance company has incentive to total when salvage value is higher.
Once upon a time insurance adjuster wasn't going to total, but I said I'd rather cash out, than repair.
He said, really!?! Okay
What I was suggesting was buying something with light damage as a replacement. A lot of people get jittery about that kind of thing but I've had good experiences.

I mean... it's a farm truck, right?

We had a few of that style Chevy when I was growing up. Best style eve made, IMHO. My brother had a Super Cheyanne with factory AC and tilt steering. He put a new paint job on it, and a deer ran into the side of it within 2-3 months. Talk about making you sick, that will do it.

Okay thing's are starting to return to normal on the Ponderosa.
Mrs. got her final cataract surgery today have to follow up with Doctor tomorrow.
Chevrolet 4x4 being delivered tomorrow evening 21 program vehicle (demo) with 8K miles on it. I never want to shop auto again! It's nuts inventory is low prices have gone nuts.
8C7ECE93-294B-467F-AF0C-F0721C5AC176.jpeg

She's just beat up, those bruses are getting real colorful now. Girl is sore and moving real slow.
No it's total loss 21 Z71 loaded so I will get a good check they will claw back yearly.
Par for the course paid it off in January.
I told her if she was going to wrap one around a pine I prefer her to do the one I just bought and is financed.
I am going to have to dig up some coffee cans cause I ain't paying on two! I told her we could look for a early 70's model always liked that style, that didn't go over well either.
I would rather have bamboo shoots under my finger nails than car shop, and nothing is really close here.
I have a really nice 1991 D3500 with a cummins, only 15,000 original miles, it is totally original and beautiful, has a utility bed and the insides of the boxes aren't even scratched, never spent a night outside til last month if you're looking for a great truck but older. Belonged to the Bossier Parish Fire dept and it almost never made a run

Last edited:
I thought you said:
I am going to have to dig up some coffee cans cause I ain't paying on two!

But, nice truck CB. I'm colorblind regarding tints (can see primary colors ok) . What color is that?
Around here, gunmetal gray and and a lighter, almost military looking gray is a very popular truck color, probably because of the large #s of active and retired US Army.

I'm with ya on car shopping. Been at it nearly a year now and pulling my hair out but now things have digressed to the point I'm not sure I should even if prices drop a lot. May never be able to drive more than 5 miles again anyway without having to stop and get out and walk around.

I thought you said:

But, nice truck CB. I'm colorblind regarding tints (can see primary colors ok) . What color is that?
Around here, gunmetal gray and and a lighter, almost military looking gray is a very popular truck color, probably because of the large #s of active and retired US Army.

I'm with ya on car shopping. Been at it nearly a year now and pulling my hair out but now things have digressed to the point I'm not sure I should even if prices drop a lot. May never be able to drive more than 5 miles again anyway without having to stop and get out and walk around.
They call it Area 51 blue.
Hate to hear that GB , call or pm I'll come get you.
I know your missing the east fork.

Hate to hear that GB , call or pm I'll come get you.
Thanks, but it ain't the driving so much, as it is the sitting. I can't sit more than a few minutes at a time without my right hip and leg killin me. It's 9 miles from home to my Dr in Killeen and by the time I get there, it's agony. The doc I see in Temple is 44 miles and I have to pull off the highway several times, jump out of the car and walk around before I can go on. Hard to go out to eat anywhere or even at my own table at home without having to get up and walk around some. Sit at my laptop just a few minutes at a time. Walk pretty good and somewhat pain free with a cane, but I can't stay on my feet 16 hrs a day and can't lay on my right side or back. Got a new electric recliner but that's a no go too.
Had a referral in for a neurosurgeon with Baylor Scott and White for over a month and they never replied, so going with another one that does consultation/exams in Temple but does his surgery in Bryan College Station. Looking ito something called Vertiflex for L5/S1 and L4/L5. Bone on bone..all the cushion is gone. Bone spur in my hip too.

I've had all I care for from BSW. They can go hump a stump. They're just chasing insurance dollars with 'treatments' that at best would only last 30-60 days but so far didn't work for me at all.

Latest posts