Can we build it? Oh of course we can.

Help Support CattleToday:

Yeah I'm a DeWalt junky. I drug my feet and didn't get on the battery powered bandwagon until the 20V came out.
Even I have to admit how nice it is not dragging a cord around.
I still use my corded saws most of the time, but I disconnect the power to this building when they took the lean-to off. And I didn't want to listen to the generator all day.

Last edited:
100x5 ft off treated tongue and groove? The price tag on that makes you grab your heart and reel down the hallway like a drunken sailor I bet.
Yep, but steel and cow sh!t don't mix. Couldn't dig footings for a concrete wall with the existing posts there.
Just got to look at it as a long term investment/improvement.

Yep, but steel and cow sh!t don't mix. Couldn't dig footings for a concrete wall with the existing posts there.
Just got to look at it as a long term investment/improvement.
Just as well do it right, I don't blame you. Now is the cheapest time to do anything, I've learned that lesson.

Yeah when I was recently building our facility I tried to use the best quality products that would hold up a long time.
Unfortunately unless you buy 316 surgical stainless steel, most of the stainless steel produced these days is total crap and will rust within a year.
About the only way to go these days is hot dip galvanized unless you can afford surgical stainless fasteners.

Yeah when I was recently building our facility I tried to use the best quality products that would hold up a long time.
Unfortunately unless you buy 316 surgical stainless steel, most of the stainless steel produced these days is total crap and will rust within a year.
About the only way to go these days is hot dip galvanized unless you can afford surgical stainless fasteners.
Depends on what you're trying to do, the amount of time you have, and of course your budget.
The sheets out of Harvest-Store silos make great cattle facilities. If you have the means to handle them. They were coated with glass after they were painted. As long as they don't get scratched through the glass they will last forever.
Highway guard rail is pretty indestructible too.
I've seen butcher shops use 4'x 8' sections of hog confinement slats stood on edge and U-bolted to 6" I beam posts as fence. Great place to unload.

Latest posts