Owning a jet is not for peons.

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
They depreciate fast and burn a lot of fuel.

The pop sensation sold her Dassault Falcon 900LX on January 30 to Missouri-based car insurance company Car Shield, according to documents obtained by Daily Mail.
Swift reportedly purchased the jet for $40 million in 2011, but the plane is now estimated to be worth around $7million second-hand, the Daily Mail reported.
Swift recently flew from Sao Paulo, Brazil to Kansas City marking her biggest trip to date, using 4,151 gallons of fuel and costing an estimated $23,250, according to Daily Mail.

So she spent a 1/10 of her daily earnings on jet fuel? Poor thing. A guy at work has a buddy that bought a plane last year. It seats 8 and the pilot. They've flown to allot of car shows and to Vegas a few times. Furthest he's flown was to Alaska for a hunting trip. Can't see myself ever blowing money like that, even if I could afford it.

She is a big greenie so likely flying coach and Ubering in a Prius.
She only sold the smaller of her jets.
Among her 4 wheeled conveyances have been a pink Chevy Silverado (she donated it (signed) to a children's charity auction a few years ago)

An Audi R8
A Porsche 911
A Ferrari 458 Italia
Range Rover SVA
Mercedes g63 AMG
Mercedes Maybach S650
Toyota Sequoia
Caddy Escalade
Nissan Qashgi

I wonder if she's a good driver. Somehow I picture her screaming at other drivers and calling everyone idiots, honking her horn and pounding the steering wheel, and playing a lot of grunge rap.

She only sold the smaller of her jets.
Among her 4 wheeled conveyances have been a pink Chevy Silverado (she donated it (signed) to a children's charity auction a few years ago)

An Audi R8
A Porsche 911
A Ferrari 458 Italia
Range Rover SVA
Mercedes g63 AMG
Mercedes Maybach S650
Toyota Sequoia
Caddy Escalade
Nissan Qashgi
You know way more about Taylor Swift than my 17 year old daughter does. Might you be a Swifty? LOL.

You know way more about Taylor Swift than my 17 year old daughter does. Might you be a Swifty? LOL.
No, but I can read.
Driving naked, screaming at other drivers and calling everyone idiots, honking her horn and pounding the steering wheel, and playing a lot of grunge rap?
Old, I'm not dead.

The whole plane, jet, chopper deal is crazy. They rent out a lot of them too when they are not using them to offset the cost. I was told a small jet is 15K minimum to fire up.

You say you would never spend the money but I can definitely see why people do it. A lot of the guys I deal with fly in down south. It's a 45 min flight or pushing a 4-5hr drive. That's a big difference. I was down south, my boss said we are leaving Houston, I picked them up rounghly and hour later, we looked at a few things and took his wife back to the little airport, then went back crusing around the ranch. She text she had made it to what ever state she went to while we were still cruising around. You can cover a lot of ground in a hurry.

I know two brother that keep 4 full time pilots with the big 4 seat choppers on the payroll 365 days a year. Their main job is doing wildlife counts, specifically birds. 🤑 They have different pilots that actually fly them.

20210906_170706.jpg

Last edited:
There were lots of millionaire oil guys in the late 70s-mid 80s with private jets and a few helicopters. I worked for a couple and one flew us all from South La up to Oklahoma to his ranch for a weekend. It was nothing new for me but for most in my group, it was a first time thing in a small jet, some, their first airplane ride ever.
I had previously hitched a ride on a military lear jet from a USN base in Calif to New Orleans La with the only 3 passengers being myself, a Navy Lt and some Marine Corps general. (I used the time to get in a good nap)

The drilling company I worked for later got me out in the middle of the night to gather some tools, a few parts and flew me from Lafayette La to just outside bay City Texas to a rig that was close to blow out and had an ailing mud pump diesel engine. We landed in a pasture right beside the rig. A twin engine Beechcraft if I remember right.

Maintenance costs are high on general aviation. Unlike cars and trucks, when a certain milestone is reached either in airframe or engine hrs, (or both) overhaul/replacement is mandatory by FAA rules and it ain't cheap.
Ouachita can explain all that in detail

Latest posts