Took out a general............

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno said:
I don't know that I have my facts exactly right of 194 countries in the world. We send foreign aide to around 140.
Why? They hate our guts.

"All told, 30 countries receive 82% of all U.S. foreign aid, led by Afghanistan and Iraq, while 121 countries get less than $100 million each."
Total 50 billion.

I may be a little off base but I'm pretty sure that we send money to them bc they kick back a substantial amount to our politicians, who just happen to be the same ones who approved sending it to them in the first place. But again, that's just my thoughts.

http://infographic.statista.com/normal/chartoftheday_17610_countries_receiving_us_foreign_aid_n.jpg

Here is chart of countries receiving aid in 2017.

hurleyjd said:
http://infographic.statista.com/normal/chartoftheday_17610_countries_receiving_us_foreign_aid_n.jpg

Mexico? Why?
Very rich country with a corrupt government. Sounds familiar.

http://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/us-foreign-aid-by-country/

JMJ Farms said:
Caustic Burno said:
I don't know that I have my facts exactly right of 194 countries in the world. We send foreign aide to around 140.
Why? They hate our guts.

"All told, 30 countries receive 82% of all U.S. foreign aid, led by Afghanistan and Iraq, while 121 countries get less than $100 million each."
Total 50 billion.

I may be a little off base but I'm pretty sure that we send money to them bc they kick back a substantial amount to our politicians, who just happen to be the same ones who approved sending it to them in the first place. But again, that's just my thoughts.
Here is an article on the import-export bank that uses money to fund projects overseas and to purchase equipment from American companies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Export%E2%80%93Import_Bank_of_the_United_States

Caustic Burno said:
hurleyjd said:

Mexico? Why?
Very rich country with a corrupt government. Sounds familiar.

http://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/us-foreign-aid-by-country/
I have no idea why maybe you can help, I only posted the link to the graph to show the countries in a graph that might show the aid and who gets it and where it goes.

Caustic Burno said:
JMJ Farms said:
Looks like this deal is probably fixing to escalate. I have no doubt that our Presidents next action will be proportional to say the least. Really hate this but it's been coming for a long time.

I agree!
I don't understand why we have to play worlds police force.
This has been driven by the military industrial complex for 70 years.
It doesn't matter the party they are puppets of the complex IMO.
I don't have a problem taking them out and coming home. We threw that game plan out after WWI.
i agree, doesn't seem to matter what party is in, the generals and the war monger military industrial complex representatives control foreign policy

Redgully said:
If you isolate yourself from the world and stop being world police what is the risks of then ending up in another civil war. Sometimes it is best to be distracted.

The American "Civil War" of the 1860s really wasn't a civil war. The Confederacy was not fighting for control of the whole country. It was a war for independence as the Confederacy wished to secede from the Union.

Today I think Americans are as likely to fight over sports or the kardishians as anything else. I expect those actually willing to fight for something would all be on the same side.

SDM said:
Redgully said:
If you isolate yourself from the world and stop being world police what is the risks of then ending up in another civil war. Sometimes it is best to be distracted.

The American "Civil War" of the 1860s really wasn't a civil war. The Confederacy was not fighting for control of the whole country. It was a war for independence as the Confederacy wished to secede from the Union.

Today I think Americans are as likely to fight over sports or the kardishians as anything else. I expect those actually willing to fight for something would all be on the same side.

You could have a war between those who want gun control and those who don't.....oh wait that wont work, well, it would be a short war!

They are fixing to get in that position right here in Va. Never thought that this state (commonwealth) would get to this place. It is looking like it will be a mess here.

Redgully said:
SDM said:
Redgully said:

You could have a war between those who want gun control and those who don't.....oh wait that wont work, well, it would be a short war!

Wasn't it Quigley that said "I never said I couldn't use one....said I never had any use for one". (In reference to a pistol)

SDM said:
I expect those actually willing to fight for something would all be on the same side.

History has proven that Not to be so, (even in this country) but most emphatically all over the world.
OTOH, if only one side is willing to fight, then there isn't a fight.

(You are correct regarding how low the threshold has become regarding what is worth fighting over tho
I've recently seen verifiable news articles where people were willing to fight over fast food restaurant chicken sandwiches..and a 93 year renter old shot an apt custodian 3 times last weekend simply because his apt had a water leak.)
Some places, life's cheaper than others.

greybeard said:
SDM said:
I expect those actually willing to fight for something would all be on the same side.

History has proven that Not to be so, (even in this country) but most emphatically all over the world.
OTOH, if only one side is willing to fight, then there isn't a fight.

(You are correct regarding how low the threshold has become regarding what is worth fighting over tho
I've recently seen verifiable news articles where people were willing to fight over fast food restaurant chicken sandwiches..and a 93 year renter old shot an apt custodian 3 times last weekend simply because his apt had a water leak.)
Some places, life's cheaper than others.
You ever had one of those Popeye's sandwiches, though? Not saying I'd be looking for a fight over one, but if a guy had it coming anyway...

I've had lots better sandwiches and even the worst beef burger I ever ate was better than the chicken sandwich at Popeye's. I'm not much on fads or flavor of the month anything.

Latest posts