Took out a general............

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
What was the guy doing in Iraq?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/top-iranian-general-qassim-suleimani-is-killed-on-trumps-orders-officials-say/ar-BBYz0Zs?li=BBnb7Kz

The commander of Iran's powerful Revolutionary Guards Corps was killed early Friday in a drone strike at Baghdad International Airport, American officials said.

The organization of the QUADS force is probable more organized than if one person in command is killed then it can keep going. They are wide spread and cause a lot of havoc over there there will be countries that we may have to go through to get them. We now are knee deep in a religious war and as usual the one side are cowards and the other side will fight and die for their belief. (Sunnis and Shiites). Look for Israel to become the target and the war will last more than 60 days. Where will Turkey land on this their side or ours. Still a lot of answers as where will this go and how will the USA be viewed by the rest of the World.

ga.prime said:
Genius quote of the day - "All Americans are urged to leave Iraq immediately"

I read the US embassy was not urging but requiring them to leave...

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Buck Randall said:
Somebody needed a distraction.

Bullshyt.

You're smarter than that Buck.

The dude was a bad guy! Intelligence says they were planning an attack on Americans. I don't disagree with taking him out. I do question the strategy and seriously question the action being taken without notifying Congress. I will wait to form a final opinion.

sstterry said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Buck Randall said:
Somebody needed a distraction.

Bullshyt.

The dude was a bad guy! Intelligence says they were planning an attack on Americans. I don't disagree with taking him out. I do question the strategy and seriously question the action being taken without notifying Congress. I will wait to form a final opinion.

Half of congress is in bed with the terrorist, I wouldn't have told them either. If they are not directly in bed with them they hate America and Americans as much IMO.

Caustic Burno said:
sstterry said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Bullshyt.

Half of congress is in bed with the terrorist, I wouldn't have told them either. If they are not directly in bed with them they hate America and Americans as much IMO.

While I wouldn't go quite that far it does stand to reason that our chances for success went up exponentially by keeping the mission under wraps. Something about loose lips sinking ships comes to mind.

sstterry said:
Why so?
Drones have taken out dozens if not hundreds (maybe thousands?) of individual terrorists in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan for years now without any prez notifying congress ahead of time.

greybeard said:
sstterry said:
Why so?
Drones have taken out dozens if not hundreds (maybe thousands?) of individual terrorists in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan for years now without any prez notifying congress ahead of time.

Exactly.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
greybeard said:
sstterry said:
Why so?

Exactly.

Last POTUS took out an American citizen over there. He was denied due process as well. Terrorist is a terrorist.

I took out a Sargent one time. Well she had previously been a Sargent in the Marine Corp. And I took her out more than once. A nice young lady.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
greybeard said:
sstterry said:
Why so?

Exactly.

Totally agree, he is elected president to make these decisions, and it can not be an easy decision to make.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Caustic Burno said:
sstterry said:

While I wouldn't go quite that far it does stand to reason that our chances for success went up exponentially by keeping the mission under wraps. Something about loose lips sinking ships comes to mind.

When I say Congress in this context I am talking about the leadership of both parties in both houses. This is what is traditionally done.

Latest posts