Too early to spray?

Help Support CattleToday:

Grazon next label calls for 4 gals to cover 22 acres at low rate. You can spray less but probably want get the tougher summer weeds. Even at 3 gal and the surfactant your gonna be close to $200.00.

Your math is correct. Chemical runs me about $8 per acre. You pay for the soil residual. To me it is some of the best money spent. One thing I have learned is to spray the good stuff with a residual early in the year to get the benefit of what you paid for. After about July all the weeds are on top. No reason to pay for it. Just use a 2 4 D product.

They will do it for $420--my cost to do it is pushing $300 plus time and diesel. No thank you!!!

the coop is charging you $220.00 to spray 22 acres ?????? I would find me some one else to do my spraying. Check with the Soil Conservation Dept. they may have a spray rig and will spray it for you.

Are you using the restricted grazon or the grazon that's not restricted. I'm using the restricted, think it's the PD and it's hard on clover

I doubt they do but they've sprayed for me the past couple years and I haven't had a weed to speak of the years they have. I just can't justify the time and hassle when my savings will be that minimal. I will check with the soil division and see what they have to say however.

quartermeter":ypi9v2tz said:
jallen":ypi9v2tz said:
They will do it for $420--my cost to do it is pushing $300 plus time and diesel. No thank you!!!
I bet they won't use 2 gal of chemical.

Latest posts