Prepping for 1st pasture spray

Help Support CattleToday:

RustyTub

Reaction score
Saw that Valentime's Day is approaching and that reminded me that my 1st herbicide application will be due shortly. Want to hook up the 3pt sprayer for calibration and look for leaks. Check and clean debris out of nozzle filters. Will visit local ag dealer to see if anything new has hit the market. Had a second knee replacement last week so I'll need to wait for a couple of things on the list.

What's on everyone else's todo list for first application?

I'm going for stickers. They started to get a foothold last year and I want put out a preemergent so that I never see one again. Don't have a product chosen just yet

i sprayed the hay meadow with Rezilon last week. It's pricey but has really knocked back the sand burrs. I think this is the third year we've used it. Sand burrs have been reduced by probably 80-90 %.
Good to know. I have been using MSMA and haven't had much luck. I'll try it

I never thought about that before. I'll be the Ammonium Nitrate really helps take care of them fast!
I do my soil test after the burn-off, and whatever the test says I need as far as nitrogen, I apply it liquid so I can use the 24D. The phosphorus and potassium I spread granular. I test and fertilize every time I cut, and the 2nd and consequent times I use granular Amonia Nitrate.

I do my soil test after the burn-off, and whatever the test says I need as far as nitrogen, I apply it liquid so I can use the 24D. The phosphorus and potassium I spread granular. I test and fertilize every time I cut, and the 2nd and consequent times I use granular Amonia Nitrate.
I was just thinking about the killing mechanism of 24D which causes to the plant to overgrow and die. The added nitrogen at that stage would certainly speed it up.

Latest posts