Time Change

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot":u3bdslhg said:
wacocowboy":u3bdslhg said:
Bigfoot":u3bdslhg said:
[/quote

I hate to burst your bubble big guy but there are still the same amount of hours of daylight and darkness no matter how much they screw around with the clock.

I know. I use that meme every year when this subject comes up. If things go good, I get in about 4:10. Having an extra hour of light will be nice though.

If everyone likes the extra hours just leave it on this one. Switching for four months is just dumb.

wacocowboy":4jg1tu1t said:
If everyone likes the extra hours just leave it on this one. Switching for four months is just dumb.

You don't have to switch. It's optional but you still have to put up with those of us that do.

jedstivers":33ssm8p1 said:
It bothers me not in the least. My phone and truck clocks change on their own. That's the only ones I use.
I actually like it for summer cause parts stores aren't going to open till seven in the morning. If it didn't change a extra hour of sun would be burned up before they open. Lots of mornings something isn't running till I have parts.

buy what you need the day before.

Dang it Mr jedstivers, ya gotta plan ahead. Here it is Monday, and I'm already thinking about Wednesday. See, I plan ahead, so I don't have to do anything today. Earl explained it to me...
:hide:

greybeard":3roda0w5 said:
jedstivers":3roda0w5 said:
It bothers me not in the least. My phone and truck clocks change on their own. That's the only ones I use.
I actually like it for summer cause parts stores aren't going to open till seven in the morning. If it didn't change a extra hour of sun would be burned up before they open. Lots of mornings something isn't running till I have parts.

buy what you need the day before.

Dang it Mr jedstivers, ya gotta plan ahead. Here it is Monday, and I'm already thinking about Wednesday. See, I plan ahead, so I don't have to do anything today. Earl explained it to me...
:hide:

Don't know how anyone survived back in the day when everything shut down Saturday afternoon and didn't open up till Monday morning.

When an old indian chief was told the reason behind daylight savings time he said:

"Only the government would believe that if you could cut a foot off the top of a blanket, sew it to the bottom, and have a longer blanket."

Sounds about right. But I enjoy the extra daylight in the evenings.

IMO life was a better everyone wasn't acting like their butt was on fire and head catching if something didn't happen right now.
My grandkids can't fathom I don't carry a phone all the time,it spends most
of its time on the coffee table by my chair.

Caustic Burno":87bmq4z8 said:
IMO life was a better everyone wasn't acting like their butt was on fire and head catching if something didn't happen right now.
Shame on you. :lol: That's where mine is most of the time as well. I don't worry about missing that one or two calls a week.

TexasBred":3uzy9330 said:
Caustic Burno":3uzy9330 said:
Shame on you. :lol: That's where mine is most of the time as well. I don't worry about missing that one or two calls a week.

I hardly get any calls, but since my surgery I've been getting a few a week now. I really miss the silence of no one calling me.

I was going to skip my biennial rant about DST, since so many posters here think there is more daylight because the clocks change. There is more daylight because the earth's angle toward the sun changes. Would there be more daylight in winter if we moved the clock forward? No. DST is for fools and idiots (no offense to you fools and idiots). Noon should be that moment when the sun is highest in the sky. In Indiana, on the edge of Eastern and Central time, the sun is at it's highest point about 3 pm. DST is a goverment program. It makes no sense. It throttles the economy. It is about control.
I lived 50+ years without DST and life was good.
After we adopted DST, USA elected Obama. Nuff said.

midTN_Brangusman":lf6i7guq said:
When an old indian chief was told the reason behind daylight savings time he said:

"Only the government would believe that if you could cut a foot off the top of a blanket, sew it to the bottom, and have a longer blanket."

Sounds about right. But I enjoy the extra daylight in the evenings.

I think the Chief and I would gotten along just fine.

john250":2jm52i1e said:
I was going to skip my biennial rant about DST, since so many posters here think there is more daylight because the clocks change. There is more daylight because the earth's angle toward the sun changes. Would there be more daylight in winter if we moved the clock forward? No. DST is for fools and idiots (no offense to you fools and idiots). Noon should be that moment when the sun is highest in the sky. In Indiana, on the edge of Eastern and Central time, the sun is at it's highest point about 3 pm. DST is a goverment program. It makes no sense. It throttles the economy. It is about control.

We may disagree on basketball but I wish I had a like button for your thoughts on DST.

I, for one, am enjoying the new time quite a bit. I've been able to sleep in until 4AM most mornings. The only real downside that I can see is that I kind of have to hurry to get morning chores done before church on Sundays as I lost an hour there but church is the only thing I do on a schedule anymore so I guess one day a week of minor inconvenience is worth it when I figure an extra seven hours of sleep a week.

john250":1y7ba40n said:

John John John , If I could have it my way I really would elect not to change it but unfortunately business dictates a clock be used and the people that complain about DST are the ones that complain because they want to shop a store front at their convenience and could care less that the employees of said store have any daylight left at the end of the day. so in reality the naysayers are being selfish toward other human beings because they rely on a time clock to get paid. You are a minority if the clock does not apply to you. We are not stupid or idiots to think the day is actually longer its just a naysayers way of trying to justify their existence kinda like the snowflake syndrome we see everywhere today.

I gotta be honest. The days are so long, by the middle of summer, that it's hard to work all day.

A normal day is fine, but it's hard to wake up in the morning and start cutting tobacco or hauling square bale hay til dark.

Latest posts