Time Change

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot":1xjcuieb said:
I gotta be honest. The days are so long, by the middle of summer, that it's hard to work all day.

There is nothing that says you have to work until dark. In fact one of the nice things about the long days is just sitting and enjoying a hour or two of day light at the end of the day after putting in a pretty full day.

Dave":1atih8qo said:
Bigfoot":1atih8qo said:
I gotta be honest. The days are so long, by the middle of summer, that it's hard to work all day.

There is nothing that says you have to work until dark. In fact one of the nice things about the long days is just sitting and enjoying a hour or two of day light at the end of the day after putting in a pretty full day.
What we did yesterday. Sat on the back porch talking and scratching the dog. Lost all sense of time. Suddenly it was 8pm and the still bright as day and neither of us had even thought about supper or anything else. Love it !!!

TennesseeTuxedo":1m7ksjio said:
SteppedInIt":1m7ksjio said:
I'm glad to see it and see the days getting longer
Bingo!
That's the real difference.
It's an illusion. For thousands of years they did just pick one time and go with it.
But the only way to control the masses is with the 1 hour change.
Because it just doesn't work to tell people to start their day 1 hour earlier without a time change reinforcement.

greybeard":3nrvheda said:
jedstivers":3nrvheda said:
It bothers me not in the least. My phone and truck clocks change on their own. That's the only ones I use.
I actually like it for summer cause parts stores aren't going to open till seven in the morning. If it didn't change a extra hour of sun would be burned up before they open. Lots of mornings something isn't running till I have parts.

buy what you need the day before.

Dang it Mr jedstivers, ya gotta plan ahead. Here it is Monday, and I'm already thinking about Wednesday. See, I plan ahead, so I don't have to do anything today. Earl explained it to me...
:hide:
Hard to plan ahead when something breaks at 9 at night. Have to have parts to be running the next morning.

1982vett":1smjvveb said:
greybeard":1smjvveb said:
jedstivers":1smjvveb said:
It bothers me not in the least. My phone and truck clocks change on their own. That's the only ones I use.
I actually like it for summer cause parts stores aren't going to open till seven in the morning. If it didn't change a extra hour of sun would be burned up before they open. Lots of mornings something isn't running till I have parts.

Dang it Mr jedstivers, ya gotta plan ahead. Here it is Monday, and I'm already thinking about Wednesday. See, I plan ahead, so I don't have to do anything today. Earl explained it to me...

Don't know how anyone survived back in the day when everything shut down Saturday afternoon and didn't open up till Monday morning.
Places still shut down on Sunday, when I need parts on Sunday though I'm calling the owners and saying meet me at the store.

I don't like it I come in at dark pretty much year around. I have 2 little girls miss out on some time with them. Is what it is. At least I'm on central time by about 20 miles

midTN_Brangusman":2684sryy said:
When an old indian chief was told the reason behind daylight savings time he said:

"Only the government would believe that if you could cut a foot off the top of a blanket, sew it to the bottom, and have a longer blanket."

Sounds about right. But I enjoy the extra daylight in the evenings.
:nod: :nod: :nod: THANK YOU.

john250":1drch1oo said:
I was going to skip my biennial rant about DST, since so many posters here think there is more daylight because the clocks change. There is more daylight because the earth's angle toward the sun changes. Would there be more daylight in winter if we moved the clock forward? No. DST is for fools and idiots (no offense to you fools and idiots). Noon should be that moment when the sun is highest in the sky. In Indiana, on the edge of Eastern and Central time, the sun is at it's highest point about 3 pm. DST is a goverment program. It makes no sense. It throttles the economy. It is about control.
I lived 50+ years without DST and life was good.
After we adopted DST, USA elected Obama. Nuff said.
Thumbs up!!!!

wacocowboy":rmo74sdk said:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/time-change-time-again-daylight-saving-time-returns-134508821.html

Wish they would pick a time and leave it alone. Twice a year this stupidity messes me up.

Totally is a P.I.T.A

I find it to be no big deal. I just make sure I get plenty of sleep over the weekend of the change. I was getting up in the dark before so there is nothing different there. I get up at 5:00 AM and go to bed about 10:00 PM. I leave the house at 6:00 AM on weekdays. On the weekends I might sleep in a little and maybe stay up a little later but rarely more than a hour different. It is nice to have more daylight in the evening to do things or not as I choose.

skyhightree1":xqpqia73 said:
wacocowboy":xqpqia73 said:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/time-change-time-again-daylight-saving-time-returns-134508821.html

Wish they would pick a time and leave it alone. Twice a year this stupidity messes me up.

Totally is a P.I.T.A

You lost me

wacocowboy":4ehqmtcq said:
skyhightree1":4ehqmtcq said:
wacocowboy":4ehqmtcq said:

Totally is a P.I.T.A

You lost me

Time change is a pain in the a.. = P.I.T.A

jedstivers":17e7bwfq said:
1982vett":17e7bwfq said:
greybeard":17e7bwfq said:

Don't know how anyone survived back in the day when everything shut down Saturday afternoon and didn't open up till Monday morning.
Places still shut down on Sunday, when I need parts on Sunday though I'm calling the owners and saying meet me at the store.

What do you have that requires parts on Sunday? Do you operate a dairy?