Time Zone

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
So I have lived here for a little over 4 year. But I am still adjusting to the idea that about 25 miles east of here you go from the Pacific time zone to Mountain time. Yesterday a young couple from here got married. The wedding was over at Fruitland, Idaho. So we get cleaned up and head out early. Allowing plenty of time to find this place I had never been before. The wedding is scheduled for 6:00. We get there at 20 minutes to the hour. The place is packed. We are 20 minutes early and look at all the people who beat us here. We shortly find out they already said their "I Do". The reception is starting. Oops. We are 20 minutes early by Pacific time but they got married on Mountain time. Oh well, the food was good.

Dave,
I think I'm perpetually stuck in a time zone just off the coast of Spain. I'm really early to bed and rise compared to my cohorts.
My youngest son got up at 3:30 this morning to go to a sunrise wedding in Nashville Arkansas (not his). I greeted him with a cup of coffee and reminded him to not dose off while driving (he's done that once, on his way to drill)

We don't change our time here, but the Alberta border isn't very far away and they have time changes. The rest of BC changes time as well so we always have to be on our toes regarding local times. A regular question is "What time it it in Grande Prairie right now?" Or "Will Princess Auto in Prince George be open now?"

Dave,
I think I'm perpetually stuck in a time zone just off the coast of Spain. I'm really early to bed and rise compared to my cohorts.
My youngest son got up at 3:30 this morning to go to a sunrise wedding in Nashville Arkansas (not his). I greeted him with a cup of coffee and reminded him to not dose off while driving (he's done that once, on his way to drill)

So I have lived here for a little over 4 year. But I am still adjusting to the idea that about 25 miles east of here you go from the Pacific time zone to Mountain time. Yesterday a young couple from here got married. The wedding was over at Fruitland, Idaho. So we get cleaned up and head out early. Allowing plenty of time to find this place I had never been before. The wedding is scheduled for 6:00. We get there at 20 minutes to the hour. The place is packed. We are 20 minutes early and look at all the people who beat us here. We shortly find out they already said their "I Do". The reception is starting. Oops. We are 20 minutes early by Pacific time but they got married on Mountain time. Oh well, the food was good.
D'oh!

Congress had near unanimous agreement last year in eliminating day light savings time changes. But now a very divisive split on agreeing as to which one to install.
Daylight savings or standard time wouldn't have changed this. And the state line isn't the time zone line. I cross the time line about 20 miles before crossing the state line. I know this but still forget on occasions.

Recently I was delivering a cattle trailer to Wisconsin and rushed all night forgetting it was in central time zone. I live in Eastern zone. Got there way too early.

There are signs along the freeway noting the change of time zone. We often joke when passing those signs. It is later than you think, the clock is right now, etc. I guess on Saturday I just never noticed the signs as I drove by.

We don't change our time here, but the Alberta border isn't very far away and they have time changes. The rest of BC changes time as well so we always have to be on our toes regarding local times. A regular question is "What time it it in Grande Prairie right now?" Or "Will Princess Auto in Prince George be open now?"
Yeah, you BC people, always an hour behind. Hahahahaha.
Alberta to Saskatchewan is the next timezone. We have a town in Alberta, Lloydminster which is separated by the border, so Alberta time and sales tax on one side and the other side is an hour ahead and Saskatchewan sales tax, which is 1% higher.
Not only that, Alberta still changes to daylight saving times (what a bunch of bullshit) and Saskatchewan doesn't.
I'm not even going to attempt to figure that one out.

I bet it's always a good excuse for being late if you live close to 2 timezones. =P

Latest posts