THROWING UP GRASS

Help Support CattleToday:

HomePlaceAngus

Reaction score
i have a 2 year old bull in the pasture with the cows and he has started throwing up grass. He is grazing good but I have observed him throwing up a pile of grass several times a day. He is also loosing weight. I am thinking either worms or parisites. What do you all think? I appreciate your help :tiphat:

Is there any metal hardware in the area the bull was grazing? What about passing manure, is solid waste still exiting? If not I would consider drenching with mineral oil.

happened to me - cow had an apple stuck in her craw. couldn't swallow grass or water.

I feed square bales during the winter and stand around watching them eat. I have observed them throw up cuds of the chewed hay. Not routine though. If I saw the same cow do it repeatedly, then I would suspect a problem.

lynnmcmahan":ezerzonu said:
angus9259":ezerzonu said:
happened to me - cow had an apple stuck in her craw. couldn't swallow grass or water.
How did you get it out?

had to run a 10 feet of hose down her throat and push it back into her gullet. didn't realize what was happening till I saw water backing up when she tried to drink