Thoughts KCF Bennett Absolute Reg# 16430795

Help Support CattleToday:

Nice selfie! I am glad you got a nice calf what I am really looking for is anyone that has daughters in production. I really like the pedigree of this bull but haven't seen any calves and I hate using a bull until I see some calves or some milking daughters.

gizmom

gizmom":3r855tn7 said:
Nice selfie! I am glad you got a nice calf what I am really looking for is anyone that has daughters in production. I really like the pedigree of this bull but haven't seen any calves and I hate using a bull until I see some calves or some milking daughters. gizmom
Understandable.
But, I would be willing to waive that requirement when a reputable bull stud such as ABS uses him as a sire of sons.
Right or wrong, I assume they have done due diligence prior to their decision.
The more sons I see in A.I. lineups the better I feel about him.

BTW more than 1 in a photo is not a selfie, it is an "Ussie" or maybe a 'we-bee'. :)

I don't have any pictures for you but I do have daughters in production in a customers herd. I had a customer get his order messed up a couple of years ago and I used thirty units of absolute that I had bought for my own cattle to make it right with him and they wound up being his best calves. He's bought that bull in bulk for the last two years and this year the daughters are in production and he's wanting more even though the price went up. He's two hours North of me but if I find myself in that country before we leave the state I'll get some pictures for you.

I have visited a few AI studs over the years and after doing that realized that you better still do your homework. I have seen bulls in an AI stud that I just couldn't figure out for the life of me how they made it into a stud. That being said I haven't heard anything bad about this bull. CP thanks for the info, if you happen to get some photo's I would greatly appreciate it.

So if the picture is with a cow would it be a cow-wee? :lol:

gizmom

gizmom":1raii6hl said:
I have visited a few AI studs over the years and after doing that realized that you better still do your homework. I have seen bulls in an AI stud that I just couldn't figure out for the life of me how they made it into a stud.
:nod: I refuse to sell about a third of any given lineup and another third I'm very picky about who I'd sell it to.

I got the Angus Journal in the mail yesterday and started thumbing through it today, there is a sale catalog in it that has some progeny listed out of Absolute, the cow pictured is dry so kind of hard to tell about her udder, but the cow looks ok and the heifers out of him look really good. I am still on the fence.

gizmom

We have 11 daughters of his with their first calves fixing to be weaned. Seem to make good mothers that milk good with great udders. Good look to them and calves are growing great. The bulls we've sold have been favorites by buyers and are doing great as 2 year olds. We are still AI'ing with him and we are currently flushing to him.

Latest posts