Thought Mexico was building the wall

Help Support CattleToday:

BK9954":2jadssv4 said:
M-5":2jadssv4 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2jadssv4 said:
Lol :clap:

and the peso went south yesterday
Well its their own fault. They have have not done much to help us stop illegal immigration or drug trafficking. There has to be consequences to get the results you need. Even our border patrol has corrupt people. Has to be a change. Trump obviously doesnt care what anyone else thinks. Cool. Actually doing what he said. I am surprised. I didnt think he would. Thought he was full of hot air during the campaign.
The Mexican government loves their people to come here, make money and send it back to Mexico.

I heard that money flowing back to Mexico from illegals was one of Mexico's largest source of hard currency.

All the government needs to do is put an import tax of $5.00 on every vehicle coming from Mexico into the US OF A. It looks like there's a line of vehicles at every check point on the border.
Coming here to work is one thing, using the US taxpayers infrastructure is another.

HDRider":2u5nrfrj said:
I heard that money flowing back to Mexico from illegals was one of Mexico's largest source of hard currency.

This is called 'remittances'. Money sent by immigrants back to their nation of origin.
The World Bank keeps tabs on this and their most recent data (2014) shows that 2% of Mexico's GDP is derived from remittances from the USA to the tune of $25 billion.
http://www.worldbank.org/en/news/press- ... -next-year

In the Latin America and Caribbean region, remittances are expected to grow by 2.3 percent in 2015 to $66 billion. While this growth is slower than that seen in 2014, it is significantly higher than the anemic pace of the post-crisis period. Nonetheless, growth in remittance inflows in 2014 was uneven across countries in the region. Countries which saw robust growth included Mexico, which was the world's 4th largest remittance recipient in 2014 with $25 billion received, El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras. Remittance growth was sluggish in Argentina, Bolivia, and Paraguay and declined in Brazil and Peru, partly owing to weak economic activity in Japan and Spain. The outlook for the region is positive, as remittance inflows are expected to benefit from growth in GDP and employment in the United States, although this will be offset by high unemployment in Spain. Remittances to the region are expected to grow to $69 billion in 2016 and $71 billion in 2017.

On another, but related note, I read yesterday, that a Chinese company is in the process of buying MoneyGram. MoneyGram is the biggest competitor of Western Union and every Walmart I have ever been in has a MoneyGram counter in customer service. I hope regulators or congress nixes the sale of this company to the Chinese..

True Grit Farms":1ze3j5lz said:
All the government needs to do is put an import tax of $5.00 on every vehicle coming from Mexico into the US OF A. It looks like there's a line of vehicles at every check point on the border.
Coming here to work is one thing, using the US taxpayers infrastructure is another.
It works both ways. Over 7 million americans visit Mexico each year. Put five bucks on every one of them and we're in the hole again.

TexasBred":2tznfpd0 said:
True Grit Farms":2tznfpd0 said:
It works both ways. Over 7 million americans visit Mexico each year. Put five bucks on every one of them and we're in the hole again.

Operative word being "visit".

Even if it cost $10.00 that's nothing to most people. Toll roads in this country are out of control, but they'll pay for a road or bridge, so why not a wall?

$10 to get INTO Mexico?
I wouldn't pay 10¢ to enter that den of inequity, and they'd have to pay me $1000 just to drive in, make a U turn and come back out.

Caustic Burno":3jdqyyn4 said:
callmefence":3jdqyyn4 said:
greybeard":3jdqyyn4 said:
$10 to get INTO Mexico?
I wouldn't pay 10¢ to enter that den of inequity, and they'd have to pay me $1000 just to drive in, make a U turn and come back out.

X2

You are not fooling us you will be down there trying to build fence.

This fellers done traveling for work. I stay close to home these days.

If we can get em to build a wall round Austin I might drive down and work on the northwest corner.

Caustic Burno":2eaajwde said:
All I will say this is the first POTUS in my lifetime has done as much as he has in the first week.
Now if he would just cut off foreign aide.

I'm impressed that if your not a career politician you can actually do what you said you'll do once you get elected. To me it just proves how crooked all the politicians are. He's the only president that hasn't let Congress or the Senate dictate what he should do. At this rate we just might just see term limits enacted before he leaves office.

True Grit Farms":297rkx02 said:
Caustic Burno":297rkx02 said:
All I will say this is the first POTUS in my lifetime has done as much as he has in the first week.

I'm impressed that if your not a career politician you can actually do what you said you'll do once you get elected. To me it just proves how crooked all the politicians are. He's the only president that hasn't let Congress or the Senate dictate what he should do. At this rate we just might just see term limits enacted before he leaves office.
:clap:

TennesseeTuxedo":3ccv276u said:
TexasBred":3ccv276u said:
True Grit Farms":3ccv276u said:

Operative word being "visit".
True....and most of those cars you see lined up crossing into the US from Mexico are coming to visit as well.

True Grit Farms":qrb330ur said:
Caustic Burno":qrb330ur said:

Executives orders dont' need the support of Congress and true legislation does not originate with the President. I'm holding back to see how well congress really works with him. With majorities in both houses he shouldn't have any problems but we'll see.

Mexico's unemployment rate now stands at 3.74% IF my data is correct. Seems to me that wages in Mexico will have to increase to retain people. I work for an international company with two plants in Mexico and I've noticed that the costs of living down there is not that much lower than the low costs areas here i.e Tn, Al ect.
However, worker wages are ~1/4 of what they are in my area.

It looks like production cost in Mexico will go up dramatically in coming years I've seen some evidence that the standard of living is improving. We need to do whatever we can to lower production costs here regardless of what happens. Lower corporate taxes, cheap electricity, and of course robots can help.

Oh yeah, I forgot the subject was a wall. Let's go ahead and build it.

shaz":alhrck0n said:
Mexico's unemployment rate now stands at 3.74% IF my data is correct. Seems to me that wages in Mexico will have to increase to retain people. I work for an international company with two plants in Mexico and I've noticed that the costs of living down there is not that much lower than the low costs areas here i.e Tn, Al ect.

It looks like production cost in Mexico will go up dramatically in coming years I've seen some evidence that the standard of living is improving. We need to do whatever we can to lower production costs here regardless of what happens. Lower corporate taxes, cheap electricity, and of course robots can help.

Getting rid of the corruption down there would help a lot.
Mexico has been around almost as long as Canada and the US has, but they have never really been able to enter modern world. No real homegrown industry outside petroleum. They don't build airplanes, or cars, or their own computers..as far as I know, no steel mills or shipbuilding ever.
Mining of course..copper, zinc etc, but I don't know how they fare with that against the rest of the competition.
I've not noticed any romex with a 'Hecho en Mexico' label on it.

greybeard":25vyy2it said:
shaz":25vyy2it said:

Getting rid of the corruption down there would help a lot.
Mexico has been around almost as long as Canada and the US has, but they have never really been able to enter modern world. No real homegrown industry outside petroleum. They don't build airplanes, or cars, or their own computers..as far as I know, no steel mills or shipbuilding ever.
Mining of course..copper, zinc etc, but I don't know how they fare with that against the rest of the competition.
I've not noticed any romex with a 'Hecho en Mexico' label on it.
Getting rid of the corruption down there would take another revolution. The deal is all the people that had enough of it came up here. The law abiding population in Mexico has been disarmed. The only armed ones are the criminals. The people there are held hostage. People kidnapped on a daily basis for ransom. If you own anything of significant value down there you are extorted by criminals and narcos. Mexico is a horrible place. I have been there many times. I never want to go back. Build the wall. Patrol the sea's heavily with the coast gaurd after that thats next. They will be here by sea.

Latest posts