Think she will make milk?

Help Support CattleToday:

The calf I have his nose peeling for a few days then I went out one morning and it looked perfectly fine! I had a premium calf that would have seizures until I gave him 3 rounds of Selenium over a week's time and he was fine after that.

Craigslist bottle calf😉👍
I had him sold twice on there. Well, I should say, I had 2 definite maybes and a 3rd asking...
I told them I was on the fence about selling him anyway.

Wife had taken a shine to him, so I backed out.
Now she's lost the romance.... 🤣

Figure I can buy 2 and put on feed for what I sell him for

Best laid plans of mice and men....
Bessie came up for dinner, and lil Toodles went to town. He just can't get anything out of there, tho he tries so hard!
He took a full bottle after his feeble attempt at Bessie.

Plan was to sell him tomorrow! Well, farting around with Bessie and his nose fell off!!!!!
Toodles the red-nosed steer calf....
Can't sell him like that. He won't bring half what he should. Lil turd gets a couple more weeks of bottles I guess while his nose heals. Jeez
20220309_173004.jpg

Yesterday evening right outta the truck and on to mama while she eats.
View attachment 2877
These 2 are similar in size. And this calf is a week or so older. Maybe 2 weeks. He was a twin.
View attachment 2878
And this morning while being fed. He got in the trailer overnight and couldnt figure out how to get back out. Mama and her calf were both standing by the trailer with him mooing like crazy. I fed mama and scooped him up and shoved him under there...
View attachment 2879
Honestly, I'm in udder disbelief!
She has even licked on him a time or two.
Lol! Udder... I'm smiling and I'll bet you are too. Glad things are going well.

Alright guys n gals!
Neighbor brought me a lil twin heifer born with a bull. (Most likely a freemartin) Mama took right to the bull but doesn't seem interested in the second one. He ain't got time to fool with em. So here we are. She's DEFINITELY less than 50lbs. More like 40lbs tops!!
He got half a bottle of colostrum in her last night when she was born. Another pint this morning. About as good as could be expected for a calf this size I reckon. I couldn't believe the horrid condition of the nipple for his bottle, but anyway... it worked.
So here we are! Lots of pictures!!

Have a tug on 'Ol Bessie kiddo!
Told ya she was tiny! She's seems very thrifty tho!
20220319_091523.jpg
20220319_091701.jpg20220319_093336.jpg20220319_094412.jpg20220319_094541.jpg
This is my favorite part about this ol gal!! Already licking and mooing and encouraging her to nurse!
I'm seriously gonna cry if/when this cow has to leave.
20220319_095908.jpg20220319_095941.jpg
O yeah... everyone HAD to come see Bessie's new baby!! I think Bessie is the single most respected cow in this Herd.
20220319_093944.jpg

Oh, that heifer is adorable! And Bessie is worth her weight in gold! My Cricket was that way. She loved babies, and would nurse and mother any little orphan I gave her. I wish she could have lived the rest of her life here in peace, but sometimes it doesn't work out the way we want. I sincerely hope (and I REALLY mean that) that Bessie lives to be 30 and stays with you the whole time. She's definitely a gem. :)

Lil Fart can't keep up! 🤣
I kept her and Bessie penned together all night without Ford and Val. Her lil tummy is full, so I stuck her in the trailer for now and let the 2 big ol calves in.
20220320_080437.jpg20220320_080414.jpg
In a hurry to get to her feed this morning, Bessie just plowed right over the new one! Good grief!
I'm gonna keep lil enough seperate for a while and bring Bessie up twice a day like normal and let baby eat.
More pics later! I want a couple pics with lil enough and the other 2. She's like 1/3 their size!
20220319_211044.jpg

Latest posts