Think she will make milk?

Help Support CattleToday:

Last one today I think 🤔
Got Bessie up this evening with Val. Got the gate closed b4 Harrsion could make it in.
Val and Lil Enough seem to jive ok!
Git it any way ya can!!
U go Lil Enough! Git it gurl!
20220320_173338.jpg20220320_174130.jpg
Let Mr Ford in...
They seem to make it work too!
This lil calf is Strong!
Might be tight with all 3. But I'll get that ever elusive picture.
20220320_174643.jpg
Bessie gets an extra half a scoop from here on til grass comes.

I made it back in time to edit!
Look at her go! Tank fulla gas and hauling a$$!
20220320_194626.jpg20220320_194628.jpg20220320_194629.jpg

Last edited:
Last one today I think 🤔
Got Bessie up this evening with Val. Got the gate closed b4 Harrsion could make it in.
Val and Lil Enough seem to jive ok!
Git it any way ya can!!
U go Lil Enough! Git it gurl!
View attachment 14623View attachment 14624
Let Mr Ford in...
They seem to make it work too!
This lil calf is Strong!
Might be tight with all 3. But I'll get that ever elusive picture.
View attachment 14625
Bessie gets an extra half a scoop from here on til grass comes.

I made it back in time to edit!
Look at her go! Tank fulla gas and hauling a$$!
View attachment 14641View attachment 14642View attachment 14643
She looks promising, by 6 to 8 weeks she should be able jump into the trailer manger :)

Lil Enough is SO CUTE! I thought Val was the cutest, but she's been knocked off her pedestal! LOL!

I love watching them romp and race when they've got a belly full. I can't wait for my next calf! I'll probably never be able to find it, but somewhere I have a picture of one of our little bull calves comin' RIGHT at me, full speed, all four legs off the ground! (No, he missed me, but only barely!)

There's something about a momma cow tending her babies that just pulls my heart strings... A momma cow never yells at her baby, never scolds him for being bad, lets him (or her) beat the SNOT out of her udder without complaint, is always protective of him, and loves him to the moon and back, no matter what kind of butt-head the baby might be. There's nothing like the love of a mother cow, and a momma cow that takes orphans and loves them as her own is twice as lovable.

Above all else (including milk!), THAT is why I enjoy having cows so much. I can spend a few minutes watching a mom and her baby, and all my cares and bad feelings just melt away...

There's something about a momma cow tending her babies that just pulls my heart strings... A momma cow never yells at her baby, never scolds him for being bad, lets him (or her) beat the SNOT out of her udder without complaint, is always protective of him, and loves him to the moon and back, no matter what kind of butt-head the baby might be. There's nothing like the love of a mother cow, and a momma cow that takes orphans and loves them as her own is twice as lovable.

Above all else (including milk!), THAT is why I enjoy having cows so much. I can spend a few minutes watching a mom and her baby, and all my cares and bad feelings just melt away...
I run a small herd of 28 mommas and 1 bull. I work away from home and as soon as I get home in the afternoon, I go straight to feed the cows. It washes away all the bs of work. You nailed it, there's just something about a momma cow tending to her baby and how they take turns babysitting that just warms my heart and washes away the stress of the office. Makes life worth living for!

A momma cow never yells at her baby, never scolds him for being bad,
I have to respectfully disagree. There's nothing funnier than watching a mama cow chasing & bellowing after her calf when she's lost all control and the calf is full-out 20 mph and throwing kicks. Bonus points if the calf actually stops & looks at her, then proceeds to ignore her & run away. Again.🤣🤣

I have to respectfully disagree. There's nothing funnier than watching a mama cow chasing & bellowing after her calf when she's lost all control and the calf is full-out 20 mph and throwing kicks. Bonus points if the calf actually stops & looks at her, then proceeds to ignore her & run away. Again.🤣🤣

I suppose that could happen, LOL! I've never had any of mine do it, so I haven't seen it first-hand. Usually, mine have just run after the kids to try to keep up with them, mooing urgently, but in a concerned manner, not pissed off.

Even my old girl that had the devil spawn bull calf still loved him. She was the only one who loved him. If I'd been carrying, I would have shot him numerous times, the little bastard. We finally sent him to the sale barn, and that poor cow cried and looked for her "precious" baby for weeks before she finally gave up. Broke my heart, she did.

Noooooo! She's just going to end up at freezer camp? Well, I hope she's not quite as stinkin' cute when that day comes... :(
I know right?
Shes so stinking cute and easy to get along with. I'm sure she will grow a lil slower, but it's OK. Especially for what i gave for her.

Her mama is a good enough looking cow and her last steer calf did great. But as far as replacements, I'm probly gonna go a different route later on

Latest posts