Things that make you go UGH

Help Support CattleToday:

wacocowboy":agnpr9z6 said:
I have had a few ugh moments this year. I lost my best yearling bull then my best yearling heifer got sick ended up putting her down myself. A few weeks ago when when we had like 10 inches my bull was trying to breed a cow in a mud hole and knocked her down and she couldn't get up for awhile. I got her sitting right and she finally got up was really wobbly for a few days but seems ok now.
I think the response to all this is a UGh, of course and there you go....lol deserves more than just a ugh

No pictures to show but this spring I had 2 different critters that rolled over to far when they laid down and couldn't get past there bellies to get sitting upright. Had to get the tractor to get the cow up on her feet, luckily the steer I was able to get up with a big push. that would be my UGH moment this spring.

uplandnut":2ueu18jy said:
No pictures to show but this spring I had 2 different critters that rolled over to far when they laid down and couldn't get past there bellies to get sitting upright. Had to get the tractor to get the cow up on her feet, luckily the steer I was able to get up with a big push. that would be my UGH moment this spring.
How does that even happen...lol...?? Definitely a giant big UGH!!!

ALACOWMAN":1dh9ztxm said:
A lot of times the cow will have their body lying down hill,, legs uphill .. And can't get their legs back up under them to get up..

I lost my best Jersey nurse cow/milk cow that way. She had her own 3 week old calf on her at the time. That was about 7 years ago or so.

When I have 5000 pigs to vaccinate, or pigs to tag, this sight makes me go Ugh...

006.JPG

but I don't ever want to leave when their gone.

sim.-ang.king":4qh0a9ia said:
When I have 5000 pigs to vaccinate, or pigs to tag, this sight makes me go Ugh...

006.JPG

Is the UGH that its a pretty day and you have to work?

but I don't ever want to leave when their gone.

Moved big herd to another pasture while big cat is in area..when i did, saw a brown cow down with a new calf behind her....as i got closer, i could see the calf was dead and cow paralyzed. She can move both legs so i'm hopeful. Calf was the biggest i've ever seen and she got it out. In the 125+ ball park..I couldnt even drag it. UGH............but, i do have a bottle calf i can put on her...so yay..

New coffee pot broke....got all ready for my cup of coffee, ugh.................ugh

She had him right there. She's a heifer and is totally clueless except she likes him and wants him under her nose. Won't let him suck tho. I got 2 qts colostrum in him and hoping she comes to cow lot tonight looking for him he's my first ai calf .

At least it's alive! Got a breech calf here, wasn't supposed to be alive when it was dragging around by the cow till we herd the cow in the chute and got the calf out. He's a 3 days old now but not a very strong walker. He could put a whole bottle away no problem, just wish his momma wasn't so nervous or wants to be with the herd.

Latest posts