Things that make you go UGH

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirl8

Reaction score
Post pictures here of the things that made you go UGH....Make sure your pictures need no words or very few...
Today, this made me go UGH

Cowgirl what makes you go UGH. Looks like you have a nice cow and calf there although there is a bit of water to the left side. Did one or both end up in it?

TexasBred":qees4vw2 said:
Cowgirl what makes you go UGH. Looks like you have a nice cow and calf there although there is a bit of water to the left side. Did one or both end up in it?
She plopped that calf down right there...this is Fatty McButterpants.... When i drove up, he was like teetering at the edge. Its about a 5 ft drop into the gully, water is about 2ft deep. To get out of this gully, he'd have to slosh through mud and water about 1/2 mile where the bank is low enough for him to get out. He's just standing for the first time in this picture... She would not budge. So, i wedged myself on my 4wheeler between them and the edge, and when i mean wedged, i was a sneeze from falling in. She started to move him away, but he came back to me. When i poked him with the stick i had, he screamed.. She came at me and i'll tell ya, kind of scared me, my life flashed before my eyes... It would be hours before anyone would find me. But all was saved. This big open pasture and she picked this spot..

cowgirl8":34vharbg said:
TexasBred":34vharbg said:
She plopped that calf down right there...this is Fatty McButterpants.... When i drove up, he was like teetering at the edge. Its about a 5 ft drop into the gully, water is about 2ft deep. To get out of this gully, he'd have to slosh through mud and water about 1/2 mile where the bank is low enough for him to get out. He's just standing for the first time in this picture... She would not budge. So, i wedged myself on my 4wheeler between them and the edge, and when i mean wedged, i was a sneeze from falling in. She started to move him away, but he came back to me. When i poked him with the stick i had, he screamed.. She came at me and i'll tell ya, kind of scared me, my life flashed before my eyes... It would be hours before anyone would find me. But all was saved. This big open pasture and she picked this spot..
Been in that situation a time or two. They just don't understand you're trying to help out.

Feb 27 2016 calf here.........
0302161415_zpsybe5qlri.jpg

0302161439_zpsevlnt4b3.jpg

greybeard":19yemjfc said:
Feb 27 2016 calf here.........
0302161415_zpsybe5qlri.jpg

0302161439_zpsevlnt4b3.jpg
Ugh....was that a new one? This is what would have happened if i hadnt moved that cow away from that edge.

No picture with my UGH yesterday. Not one, but two cows yesterday decided while in labor that they just wanted a calf in the pasture. One was a heifer, which i kind of expect...got her in the lot and by herself and her calf was born easily. The second one though was a 7 yr old cow. Noticed her by accident and saw that she had feet out, but was mothering a day old calf. This cow stopped her labor. Got her in the small lot that we have in this pasture and got her away from that calf. But when we did, the cows got all excited and stampeded out of sight of this cow. We left her there while we finished checking on cows. An hour later, she had done nothing. UGH, we had to get a darn trailer which took 30 min and still she had done nothing. Hauled her to the house and pulled it. Huge huge calf, and he practically fell out. She was going to refuse to have it. She'd have a contraction that would almost knock her down but she refused to push....ugh................UGH

No picture again, but had another cow try to claim a calf while in labor...UGH....had to separate them.

I have had a few ugh moments this year. I lost my best yearling bull then my best yearling heifer got sick ended up putting her down myself. A few weeks ago when when we had like 10 inches my bull was trying to breed a cow in a mud hole and knocked her down and she couldn't get up for awhile. I got her sitting right and she finally got up was really wobbly for a few days but seems ok now.

Supa dexta mentioned it in my calving season thead.. Cows fighting around newborns.. another accident just waiting to happen!

Latest posts