The world's dumbest.

Help Support CattleToday:

Calman

Reaction score
Well chalk up another of the dumbest moves,and still remained alive.
Sometimes I just amaze myself,for doing some of the dumbest things possible and still come out of it unhurt.

Had to move the tractor today,so since we don't have a trailer heavy enough and the friend we usally borrow from was using his,I decieded I would drive it down the hwy. 287.
Things we're going great the first few miles.I had just enough room on the birm to drive. Trucks we're going to the left lane when passing me. Then it happend. Bunches of traffic coming up behind me like someone opend the gate.Looked in the mirror and two trucks we're coming side by side. Wasen't too worried cause there was plenty room.I was over on the shoulder. Just as they got beside me I heard tires squalling took a quick look behind me and a pickup was coming at me sideways also on the shoulder.Don't know how he missed me or the trucks.
I headed for the ditch with the tractor running full speed and me bouncing around in the cab.When I got stopped I looked for the pickup and it was back on the highway still behind the trucks.
It scared the peewadin plum out of me. Next 5 miles I ran over next to the ditch in 3rd gear.

I sure thought i'd used up all my time on earth on that one. Oh I forgot to add I had to remain stopped for about a half an hour for the shakes to pass.

Cal

Glad you are OK. There are really some nuts out there on the road. Don't see what their rush is or how they can safely drive so fast with that dang cell phone in their ear. :mad:

Glad that you are okay except for the shakes. I bet that 1/2 hour of settleing of the nerves seemed longer than that.

Good that you're okay Cal . We spend a lot of road time too and over the years we've been in a couple of accidents involving cars . Farm equipment and cars are not a good mix .

Larry

Im remember once takin a bale of hay on the highway using the pick-up. You sure have to make sure you are thinkin, not just that you are driving all right but that the guys that may come up behind you arent going to do anything stupid.

I am familiar with that stretch of road. It's hilly there, isn't it? I can see folks coming up over a rise with no idea what's going on. It's a disaster waiting to happen. It's farm and ranch country, though, so folks should be expecting that sort of thing. I guess it was the way we were raised, but I look for tractors and such on the roads. Glad you were okay. Hopefully you went home, had a good shot of something eighty proof and felt better. The world would be much less interesting without you in it.

Thanks to all.
I'm glad i'm still here.
I might add, it takes longer to get over a fright like that than it used too.

And Lammie your are right on. Me and Jack had some serious talks about the incedent after I got home. :nod: :nod:

Cal

Calman":12oeo1k6 said:
Me and Jack had some serious talks about the incedent after I got home. :nod: :nod:

Cal

Skid marks on the road - skid marks in your pants. :lol2:

Times like this makes you really appreciate Jack!

Latest posts