The law

Help Support CattleToday:

Sadly I don't think he got what the prosecutor was trying to tell him.

You chase enuf tornados and sooner or later you will catch one.

I agree you have to pick your battles, but you can't just start going through a persons property
An officer has to follow the law and protocol

cross_7":2him2e74 said:
I agree you have to pick your battles, but you can't just start going through a persons property

Gotta wonder why he didn't just say Officer we just stopped to change drivers. Have we done something wrong. There's a time to be a smarta$$ and to not. On the side of the road in West Texas at night is not it. How did he know there wasn't an apb for someone or something that resembled him. Cooperate, shut up and get yore a$$ down the road.

The one place where i think the Police was dead wrong was thinking that a serial killer was gonna stand there and try real hard to pi$$ him off.

Had he not known the law, and conducted himself in a respectful manner, and if he was alone, they'd found him dead or beat up.

These officers should be penalized.

If things keep going like they are, with gun restrictions and such, we may all be chasing a few tornadoes.

3waycross":35s20xat said:
cross_7":35s20xat said:

Gotta wonder why he didn't just say Officer we just stopped to change drivers. Have we done something wrong. There's a time to be a smarta$$ and to not. On the side of the road in West Texas at night is not it. How did he know there wasn't an apb for someone or something that resembled him. Cooperate, shut up and get yore a$$ down the road.

The one place where i think the Police was dead wrong was thinking that a serial killer was gonna stand there and try real hard to pi$$ him off.

I agree
You don't have be a smart alec jerk
But yhe officer doesn't have the right to be disrespectful either
But even so you can't just starting going through a persons property
I travel that area east of Lubbock a lot and have been stopped several times and never not once had a bad experience
But sure don't get mouthy either

It's a shame the gentleman doesn't have some friends up the ladder. These two cops need to be taken off the street. This guy is a hero in my eyes. I will be calling out there in the morning and leaving a voice mail for the judge. I never saw where he got mouthy. If it would of been me, I would of went to jail and been totin a beating, again for no reason. Or been dead, because I tote a gun. Thanks for the post Cross_7.

In West Texas that's mouthy
They didnt appreciate it and didnt know the law
They felt they had the right to do as they saw fit
Even the prosecuting attorney wanted the police chief to charge him for not allowing him to view the recording
They've probably had their way up till them

cross_7":6cnmvdmw said:
[youtube]watch?v=emmoJvpSGyw[/youtube]

There are literally - and I do mean this - literally - thousands of examples of police abuse on You Tube.

The advent of smart phones and video cameras has really brought this to light. Before they would lie in court and the courts would believe them and not you.

Go look at this one and count the shots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCfmfPrBHxw

All the police had to do was close the bus door. Lots of outside factors - but the bus was empty - the bus was disabled - and they could have simply closed the door - instead they shot him - 9 times - tasered him and then he died.

This Toronto cop is up on charges, but it is my bet that he walks.

Check out the Vancouver airport immigrant murder by the RCMP - they killed a visitor from I believe it was Poland - he could not speak English - the RCMP lied about it in court - were caught and still walked.

A Canadian military veteran suffering from PTSD was recently shot in the back by RCMP when he was considered a threat - but no one would sit back and wait for a pshycologist to come - instead they pushed him and ended up killing him - this one had me swearing in the truck when I heard it because - while I did not know the guy - I did know of him.

From the UK - when the soldier was killed by muslims on the street - people who TWEETED words that the police thought/decided were inflammatory - were arrested and jailed.

It is not just the US of A that has problems.

Just one of many, many, many examples - I now avoid the police like the plague - despite there being some good ones - they are becoming fewer and fewer - they are indeed becoming the jackboot scourge of the western world.

Bez

I would do whatever he asked of me within reason. But opening the door to the van is out of control. How do you know if they're even real cops? I would of been flipping out if someone pulled up behind me at night on the side of the road.

Don't think its just in Electra. Look at some of the fine officers in New York.

NYPD.png

That contact was a cluster on both sides. One thing that stood out to me was the supposed search. The officer has the absolute right to shine his light in the vehicle, or even open the door and search the immediate area(s) that are within reach of any occupant if they have reasonable belief that the area contains a weapon that may be used to harm them. (This one has been before the Supremes so many times they reject hearing any more of them. See Michigan v. Long, 103 S. Ct. 3469 (1983).) This is what's known as searching for the officer's safety. Also, that prosecutor needs to revisit his first year of law school. He's an idiot!

Two public SERVANTS charged with enforcing the law, when it's more than a little obvious they don't KNOW the law. How can they enforce that which they are in ignorance of? Morons.
I'll grant, that they probably can't help being morons and probably don't even realize they are morons (tho they are getting an education in the definition of the word now) but neither of those statements changes the fact that they ARE morons.
The DA isn't far behind them in moronly behavior.
Where, do they find these idiots-sacking groceries at HEB late one night and just pin a badge on them?

greybeard":2y3ixxdr said:
Two public SERVANTS charged with enforcing the law, when it's more than a little obvious they don't KNOW the law. How can they enforce that which they are in ignorance of? Morons.
I'll grant, that they probably can't help being morons and probably don't even realize they are morons (tho they are getting an education in the definition of the word now) but neither of those statements changes the fact that they ARE morons.
Where, do they find these idiots-sacking groceries at HEB late one night and just pin a badge on them?

Doesn't change the fact that they will ruin your life if you don't keep your head down and get gone as fast as possible. Yes sir and no sir work real well.

3waycross":16x0cc5m said:
greybeard":16x0cc5m said:

Doesn't change the fact that they will ruin your life if you don't keep your head down and get gone as fast as possible. Yes sir and no sir work real well.
I didn't get to this age by being stupid but I guess I just never did learn to like the taste of feces in my mouth either.
How ya talk to a moron doesn't matter to the moron.
He's still a moron. Suckin benice isn't going to change that.

They've killed lots of people that did everything they were told to do and after they spoke really nice to them.
$4.2 million settlement later, $44,000 for a new truck, and these 8 morons are still on paid "suspension".
No attempted murder charges filed and 1 yr passes and the PoPo Chief says "I'm sympathetic to what was going thru their minds that morning".

originalLAPDzoom1.jpg

Morons abound

"At what point, then, should one resist? When one's belt is taken away? When one is ordered to face into a corner? When one crosses the threshold of one's home? An arrest consists of a series of incidental irrelevancies, of a multitude of things that do not matter, and there seems no point in arguing about one of them individually...and yet all these incidental irrelevancies taken together implacably constitute the arrest. "

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago: 1918-1956

Latest posts