The Catahoula Leopard dog

Help Support CattleToday:

Yes, $1400 is expensive. Though with that breed it may be an issue of supply. AKC should also have a list of breeders. Be sure to check the "genetic disorders" for that breed, and make sure the breeder has screened the parents for them.

Owned, might I suggest you ask around about some bird hunters in your area. These guys will have dogs and generally breed their own replacements. They will be of good working stock and will not be as pricey. We raised pointers when I was a child ,we quail hunted and has a couple litters a year. People would snap up the puppies because of the reputation of the line. All of this was before major puppy mills. I'm not sure of your location but if you have a local small animal vet he/she will probably know of someone.

OwnedByTheCow":i9sn5mzs said:
Okay so my family has been looking at different dog breeds for quite a while. We really like the Catahoula Leopard dog but everything I have read has a lot of different opinions about temperaments. Would this breed be a good family dog. Opinions please. :help:

They can be bad to bite.
I have owned a couple can be very temperamental around children.
IMO working dog for work not a family pet.
Want to get the man a good dog buy him an Airedale.

Latest posts