strangers among the cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

They're too overloaded with druggies and serious crimes to be concerned about trash dumpers. Calling in license numbers, pictures of them in the act, envelopes out of the trash with their addesses has done no one any good that I am aware of. I did hear of a trivial fine levied. Got a neighbor down at the farm who gets lots of couches and such things dumped on her. She's a widow and not really suited for clean up. It is too bad she cannot weigh in on this subject. She'd have a lot to say.

I repeat -- don't confront me in my own, personal, private, posted space/place/home. Tuck your tail between your legs, get the he77 out of my space, and leave me alone when you are asked nicely or by aggitation to do so! I will do everything I can to save your stupid life -- just leave me/mine/all we work hard for alone! If you won't, you could lose really big.

How simple is that? ??????

Kathie in Thorp":r5btcd4o said:
Don't leave ??? Don't push me!
What part of it is ILLEGAL to shoot or even threaten to shoot someone for trespassing (a class C misdemeanor) do you not understand? These last three pages started as a result of you saying you had "your side arm in place" in response not to burglury, or violence, but to people crossing your property to access a river/ fishing spot.
Kathie in Thorp":r5btcd4o said:
I repeat -- don't confront me in my own, personal, private, posted space/place/home. Tuck your tail between your legs, get the he77 out of my space, and leave me alone when you are asked nicely or by aggitation to do so! I will do everything I can to save your stupid life -- just leave me/mine/all we work hard for alone! If you won't, you could lose really big.

The only space you "have" is your habitation. The rest is nature. No one is confronting you.. It seems as if your plan is to do the confronting. It's people like you that give gun owners and gun activist a bad name. The only thing that is stupid is your ignorant, backwoods rhetoric.

MF135":1eznacs2 said:
Kathie in Thorp":1eznacs2 said:
Don't leave ??? Don't push me!
What part of it is ILLEGAL to shoot or even threaten to shoot someone for trespassing (a class C misdemeanor) do you not understand? These last three pages started as a result of you saying you had "your side arm in place" in response not to burglury, or violence, but to people crossing your property to access a river/ fishing spot.
Kathie in Thorp":1eznacs2 said:

The only space you "have" is your habitation. The rest is nature. No one is confronting you.. It seems as if your plan is to do the confronting. It's people like you that give gun owners and gun activist a bad name. The only thing that is stupid is your ignorant, backwoods rhetoric.
What is it that bothers you so bad about how she feels.. and she has a right to protect her self .. even if it is to ask someone to leave her property .... and I'm not sure about the laws where she lives but in Texas you don't have to be in your house to protect your self ....she doesn't give gun owners a bad name its liberal know it alls that think they have the right to go where they want because they think the law prohibits someone from removing them ... it may be illegal to threaten some one with a gun but that's besides the point . I don't think I would rely on the law to keep someone from shooting me for trespassing ..

backhoeboogie":274j6js2 said:
They're too overloaded with druggies and serious crimes to be concerned about trash dumpers. Calling in license numbers, pictures of them in the act, envelopes out of the trash with their addesses has done no one any good that I am aware of. I did hear of a trivial fine levied. Got a neighbor down at the farm who gets lots of couches and such things dumped on her. She's a widow and not really suited for clean up. It is too bad she cannot weigh in on this subject. She'd have a lot to say.

You should have a creek running through the middle of your pasture. Used to when we got a flood a long time ago I get washing machines, water heaters etc. The all time best was a porcelean sink the old timey kind that takes a couple of good size boys to put in. The way I finally got it to slow way down was with a game camera and pressed charges everytime. The creek that runs through my place falls under the Clean Water Act. Game Warden would go get every one of them. Word got out problem went away.

Thanks, JS Cattle and the rest of you that "get it." This is getting moldy. Some people will never get it/never figure it out. I've never threatened to shoot anyone, never pointed a gun at anyone. But it's there, for the stupids to see . . . . and they AMAZINGLY become smarter for it. ;)

Kathie,I'm with you on this one.I will not let anyone or anything interfere with me or mines way of life on my own properity while I have the means to stop it.
If I ask you to leave and ya don't I just have to assume you intend to cause harm.
This has happend to me in the past and I was turned in to the county sheriff.
I was told I had a right to protect myself and my property.
Thank goodness I didn't have to shoot anyone.

Cal

And MF135, I don't believe I called you any names, but you do so liberally in your posts. Maybe you just assume, probably correctly, that some of those I'm talking about include YOU!

MF135-Private property isn't public lands. If you bought and paid for your land and pay taxes on it you can tell anyone on your property to get off. There is nothing wrong about carrying a gun. We as Americans have every right to bear arms(2nd amendment of the United States Constitution). People say that a certain politician is gonna ruin this country but its people like you who think that anyone can do what they damn well please that are ruining our country!! :2cents:

Kathie in Thorp":1rfyuvtp said:
And MF135, I don't believe I called you any names, but you do so liberally in your posts. Maybe you just assume, probably correctly, that some of those I'm talking about include YOU!

MF135 displays fear again... and not of the side arm.
:shock:

*ends armchair psychology session*

Kathie in Thorp":1f8xhn9u said:

Show me where I've once called you names?? Don't assume, be certain, that the inferences I used were geared towards you. If I were to go fishing there, I'd make a point to walk across your land to do so- fishing pole and tackle box "in hand".
circlew":1f8xhn9u said:
MF135-Private property isn't public lands. If you bought and paid for your land and pay taxes on it you can tell anyone on your property to get off. There is nothing wrong about carrying a gun. We as Americans have every right to bear arms(2nd amendment of the United States Constitution). People say that a certain politician is gonna ruin this country but its people like you who think that anyone can do what they be nice well please that are ruining our country!! :2cents:
You can tell me till your blue in the face... If I am merely passing through, no crime is being committed. I have no problem with carrying a gun. There's a .270 Thompson contender in my truck, a beretta 686 by my bed, whitetail mounts from all 3 countries in N. America in my living room ( a 168 B&C from Acuna I might add), I have a life time hunting license in the state of TX, I'm a member of Texas Trophy Hunters Assoc., and B.A.S.S. I'm an outdoorsman. Thursday morning I'll be in the fields dove hunting. That being said, ill be dam if you think anyone is going to land lock me from a river or barr me from hunting right aways such as was mentioned like creek bottoms in TX. If someone is threatening me on my property, stealing my goods, or invading my habitation, I would be the first to hammer down and, unlike Kathy, I'd sleep just fine but the notion of shooting someone for crossing your land(even repeatedly) is not only illegal, it endangers the basic core of a man's living spirit and his passion for adventure.
regolith":1f8xhn9u said:
MF135 displays fear again... and not of the side arm.
:shock:

*ends armchair psychology session*
How's milking those beef cross cows workin out for you??

MF135, I will tell you this,you would remain a lot more healthier if you came and asked me to cross my land than just strolling across it like you think it's alright.Because it will not be alright without permission.I don't care where you are headed or if you are carrying your tackle box or purse , if you cross my place to get there you are trespassing.I don't know about your part of Texas but around here it wouldn't be healthy.

Cal

MF135-I never said you couldn't walk down river right away or the highway right away, but if you are I'm gonna be watching. I'm trying to figure out why you think you can walk across my land to get to a river. That is trespassing, its private property and I will decide who will come on my land until uncle sam steals it from me. Here if you want to fish on a river, you have to put your boat in or walk down it, you have to do it on public land or an individual who will allow you to do it.

MF135, I disagree that Kathie makes the rest of us gunowners look bad.
I think you may be misreading her posts to imply that she would brandish a firearm at a trespasser without any further provocation, but that's not what she said. She simply stated that she would confront a trespasser while wearing a sidearm. They do tend to have a psychological impact with your average harmless, law abidding trespasser.

However, you are, in fact, committing a crime by trespassing on private property, especially when Posted. It may not be a serious crime, but it is a crime. As the property owner, if I approach you, inform you yet again that you are are private property and ask you to leave, and you refuse, you've just compounded your crime. Furthermore, as a woman, if you refuse to leave my property, I WILL view you as an immediate threat and WILL take whatever action I feel is appropriate to neutralize that threat (you). Which would include the use of a loaded firearm that I, too, have no qualms about using. And in every rural area I've lived, I've yet to meet a LE officer who would have a serious problem with that. There might be some mildly unpleasant scrutiny for a while afterward, but I would prevail in the end. Now I'll admit that a man won't have the same latitude for the use of force, but, right or wrong, that's the way it is.

Additionally I would add that YOU do make the rest of us sportsmen look bad by wantonly disregarding private property laws in your quest for fishing or hunting in any manner you choose. It's irrelevant whether you like the idea that you cannot access public lands through private property. I don't LIKE it either, but it's their property, and if they don't want me there, I have to go around. But I firmly believe that it is attitudes like yours that cause so many landowners to refuse to allow access through their land. You are arrogant and disrespectful of their rights!

MF135":6sapukop said:
CottageFarm":6sapukop said:
your average harmless, law abidding trespasser.

I never said I had land adjacent to public access -- just close. I think I said I'd defend if you crossed my property -- maybe I didn't say IF YOU HAD NO ACCESS RIGHTS TO GET THERE, across my land -- I'd watch you. And I'd watch you if you were messing with my neighbors. And I'd let you know that you couldn't bluff me, if you tried it. Could you figure that out?

But you just assumed and bashed. I have neighbors whose land does access the river-- THROUGH PRIVATE GROUND!!! But if you walk or drive a bit, there are public access ways to get to the river without going through their fences/over their private ground. You SOOOO set yourself up as someone who would probably just charge in and claim a right to access when you have none! You absolutely earn the crap that gives others a problem access to fishing and hunting private lands.

No access to the creek in our property either. We have to pay rent for it every year. To come into our property it means you have to go through an electric fence. If that is shorted out because of a tresspasser it will mean cattle out on the road and could kill someone.

Latest posts