The check

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
With the wolf issues in the neighborhood lately everyone needs to be present and accounted for every morning. This morning two calves were not at the feed row with the cows. So had had to go find them. They were just hanging out up on the crested wheat grass on the hill. While there I took a picture of the cows down blow. And them when I went back down the hill the calves followed along to see what was going on. Calves..........

PB123147.JPGPB123148.JPG

With the wolf issues in the neighborhood lately everyone needs to be present and accounted for every morning. This morning two calves were not at the feed row with the cows. So had had to go find them. They were just hanging out up on the crested wheat grass on the hill. While there I took a picture of the cows down blow. And them when I went back down the hill the calves followed along to see what was going on. Calves..........

View attachment 36982View attachment 36983
Still irrigating or is the ditch on just for stock water?

I'm glad we don't have wolves to deal with, coyotes are bad enough, I'm sure we lost some calves over the years that just disappeared, and a whole bunch of fawns every year.
Looks like a full time job just protecting your livestock.
Good luck

Wolves and cougars are a constant threat here. Had a horse get attacked by a cougar a few years back, it wasn't pretty.
For some reason cougars like horse meat. We don't have an issue with them attacking cattle which is strange with as many cats as we have. But I do hear of horse attacks from time to time.

Latest posts