That’s the it!

Help Support CattleToday:

Here in Michigan the DNR will compensate us for any confirmed wolf, coyote or couger kill at 100% of fair market value up to $4000. There is a whole reporting/investigation process that has to followed but it typically goes smoothly if you have a carcass. If the animal is just missing then it's like trying to get blood from a stone.

No compensation for black bear kills. That's why I let some hunters run dogs and tag out on black bear every season.

Them wolves are certainly an issue, since mid summer there has been a confirmed 15 wolves shot or trapped here in roughly a 4 mile radius. There is still several left by the amount of tracks, most everyone has lost cattle to wolves some more than others.
If there is evidence of a predator kill we get compensation but on our bush pastures we are lucky to find 1 of 4 kills.

Here in Michigan the DNR will compensate us for any confirmed wolf, coyote or couger kill at 100% of fair market value up to $4000. There is a whole reporting/investigation process that has to followed but it typically goes smoothly if you have a carcass. If the animal is just missing then it's like trying to get blood from a stone.

No compensation for black bear kills. That's why I let some hunters run dogs and tag out on black bear every season.
Same here but covers all predators. I know we haven't found 20 total in time to verify the animal had been killed.

A few years ago some snow sled driving people found 7 of B's cows way back up in the hills on Super Bowl Sunday. He got them out the next day with a snow machine and a quad chained up on all 4. He called them the Donner party. They were a bit thin (understatement). He penned them separate and fed them better. Last he mentioned them 5 of the 7 had calved.

Latest posts