strangers among the cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

Hillsdown -- It's been a couple years since I worked with a Fed Prosecutor Office, but one of the sought-after items that may come from a dairy or feed supply place is iodine. Meth producers use that, along with a lot of other sh!t, including kerosine, the striker ends of match books . . . . .it goes on an on, how inventive they are.

Kathie in Thorp":35g5wuc0 said:
Hillsdown -- It's been a couple years since I worked with a Fed Prosecutor Office, but one of the sought-after items that may come from a dairy or feed supply place is iodine. Meth producers use that, along with a lot of other be nice, including kerosine, the striker ends of match books . . . . .it goes on an on, how inventive they are.

Kathie, I am sure that definitely is a huge problem now, we have been off the dairy now for 11 years , meth wasn't that big back then. The good ole days ,when all you had to worry about was bodybuilders ... :lol:

Kathie in Thorp":1ucf45vx said:
Hillsdown -- We have to sign a form to get 7% iodine now . . . . I don't care, but it's just how much we've had to change methods to meet the societal garbage.

Pathetic isn't it, we are regulated because of the scum out there. They are the criminals ,yet we, the law abiding ,hard working citizens, suffer with our freedoms being taken away. I guess you just have to be glad you can still get it , like I have said a thousands times on here the government will not be happy until they have Europeanized us all and we will need permission and a vet out for every little thing we do. :mad:

I have to find a link to it , but in the Netherlands the government has allowed people access to everyone's land, they encourage all people to go ,without permission, to farmers lands and walk around , interact with the animals etc. It is bloody crazy and stupid. I will ask my BIL to email me the info and will post on here. He was not impressed at all.

Agreed, Hillsdown, regs, etc. Although we aren't sposed to talk politics here . . . latest thing out yesterday re: immigration . . . We have how many million unemployed US cititzens, but we cut a deal for illegals w/out criminal histories? Who listens to us in U.S.?

hillsdown":154tab0d said:
I have to find a link to it , but in the Netherlands the government has allowed people access to everyone's land, they encourage all people to go ,without permission, to farmers lands and walk around , interact with the animals etc. It is bloody crazy and stupid. I will ask my BIL to email me the info and will post on here. He was not impressed at all.

The next thing I can see there is disease going from one farm to the next and wiping out livestock. Sheesh.

Latest here is that a little girl was holding her Mum's knee in her own living room. An unregistered pit bull came into their home and killed the little girl with the Mum trying to defend her.

So once again pit bulls are on the agenda to not be allowed in Australia and as stated by someone above it was an unregistered dog, so in fact a criminal and all owners will now be affected, even the law abiding ones.

SusieQ -- Are you allowed firearms in the Down Under for dog/depredation problems?

Don't know how to respond to the livestock health issues there, as I've not read up about it.

You are allowed to have a gun as long as you have a permit for it. You also need to have it stored away in a gun safe and only the person with the permit has the key.

They caught a lot of people here a year or so ago. Inspector went to properties while hubby was at work and asked the wife to open the safe for him to inspect the guns. As soon as she went and got the key they were fined.

Thank You NRA. I don't agree with all the stuff they fight for, but I see the need. If you give in at all you have lost the fight for FREEDOM.

highgrit":1h9x0v8b said:
Thank You NRA. I don't agree with all the stuff they fight for, but I see the need. If you give in at all you have lost the fight for FREEDOM.
I'll drink to that!

In Oklahoma there is no need to put up No Trespassing signs on agriculture land. If they are on your land without your permission they are trespassing.

crimsoncrazy":1qjt1n2b said:
In Oklahoma there is no need to put up No Trespassing signs on agriculture land. If they are on your land without your permission they are trespassing.
Missouri is the same way BUT if you do have signs up or can prove you told that person they were not allowed on your property then they can be charged with Criminial Tresspassing which is about double the fine and can be jail time

Runningt an add in a local paper is the same as putting the signs up also

Now I'd like to ask you something please. If you've read my posts in other threads you'll realise that I don't own any cows of my own, but have a field of them at the bottom of my garden. The farmer knows I love 'em to bits and he once invited me into the field while he was there. Great. But my question is this - whilst I was watering the garden a few weeks back during a really hot day, some of the cows came over to see what I was doing, and I emptied the remainder of the water over the fence for them to drink. They absolutely loved it and more came over so I refilled the watering can and showered them - they gulped it up.

Please tell me I didn't do them any harm - it was only water.

I see people all the time in the summer cutting through the pastures to get down to the river. I never bother them. I recognize a number of them from a ways away. The ones I do talk to I make sure to point out that gates are to be left the way they found them. It has never been a problem. In 31 years I have lived here the only times I lock the house is when I am going to be gone for an extended period of time. All the vehicles have the keys in the igintion 24/7. The only problem I have had was a girl friend who would automatically hit the locks on my pickup every time she got out thus locking my keys inside.

I am pretty well armed but have never felt the need to be packing other than when target shooting or hunting. In my little neighborhood I believe everyone has a loud barking dog and nearly everyone has deer horns tack on a shed. So dogs annouce any arrival and anyone can see that we are all armed. There hasn't been a single robbery in the years I have been here.

Now in town is different. There is an alarm on the office. Car doors get locked.

highgrit":2khqr9b4 said:

Amen, and I'll tip a glass to that, too!! Sometimes I get real tired of all NRA's beg letters, but we'd have a mess without that organization.

Kathie in Thorp":2ekgfjv3 said:
highgrit":2ekgfjv3 said:

Amen, and I'll tip a glass to that, too!! Sometimes I get real tired of all NRA's beg letters, but we'd have a mess without that organization.
I'll drink to that too!

Halfy":iqa2zl5c said:
Now I'd like to ask you something please. If you've read my posts in other threads you'll realise that I don't own any cows of my own, but have a field of them at the bottom of my garden. The farmer knows I love 'em to bits and he once invited me into the field while he was there. Great. But my question is this - whilst I was watering the garden a few weeks back during a really hot day, some of the cows came over to see what I was doing, and I emptied the remainder of the water over the fence for them to drink. They absolutely loved it and more came over so I refilled the watering can and showered them - they gulped it up.

Please tell me I didn't do them any harm - it was only water.
If you are on good terms with the farmer, I see nothing wrong.
I say,"if you are on good terms" simply because there are some ill tempered individuals who will make an issue out of nothing.

Suzie Q":2lwizx46 said:
They caught a lot of people here a year or so ago. Inspector went to properties while hubby was at work and asked the wife to open the safe for him to inspect the guns. As soon as she went and got the key they were fined.
Obvious entrapment. :mad:
People using the laws to empower their sick egos It may be legal, but it is morally criminal to my way of thinking.

Latest posts