strangers among the cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

If I am not mistaken Texas Castle law covers your homestead.
Under the Constitution, rural homesteads are limited to 200 acres. The Property Code, however, provides that although a family may have a rural homestead of up to 200 acres, a single adult is limited to 100 acres. Prop. Code § 41.002(b).

Just 2 cents worth from an old newbie; an armed society is a polite society. I sure have enjoyed this thread.

VanC":345biff8 said:
hooknline":345biff8 said:
What's the record for the longest thread here..this ones gotta be getting close

The Australian thread is up to 82 pages and still going.
E-scrabble, 559 pages. I posted on there once asking if there were any rules. There were not.

ga.prime":1d32vegw said:
VanC":1d32vegw said:
hooknline":1d32vegw said:
What's the record for the longest thread here..this ones gotta be getting close

The Australian thread is up to 82 pages and still going.
E-scrabble, 559 pages. I posted on there once asking if there were any rules. There were not.

I forgot about that one, GP. That's gotta be the record. I think there were rules when it first started up but they didn't last long.

Massey135":29v3rmp9 said:
My restored 135 is likely worth more than your home. Enough said.

What do you use it for? 5 foot brush hog or a tiny disc? It would take me a couple of weeks to mow the pasture with that.

backhoeboogie":r3mhdobi said:
Massey135":r3mhdobi said:
My restored 135 is likely worth more than your home. Enough said.

What do you use it for? 5 foot brush hog or a tiny disc? It would take me a couple of weeks to mow the pasture with that.

People don't normally use restored antique tractors for field work. They're too valuable.

hooknline":2fe31prc said:
What's the point of having a tractor you don't use
It ets you impress yourself with how much money you have. Sure won;t impress anyone else!

dun":24i1ehyr said:
hooknline":24i1ehyr said:
What's the point of having a tractor you don't use
It ets you impress yourself with how much money you have. Sure won;t impress anyone else!

Actually, it impresses quite a few. There are hundreds of antique tractor and farm machinery shows every year that draw many thousands of people. Been to a few myself. I'd think people that farm, whether for a living or as a hobby, would appreciate such things.

TennesseeTuxedo":2wul2uts said:
I guess it would be considered an investment piece rather than a functional utility piece. Like and antique car or truck.

Agreed, TT. I love the old JDs! Bought several in 04-06. Shipped 3 from the Midwest to the West on one load in '06, thinking they'd be a good investment, and then the whole economy went to pot, and they weren't worth much more than scrap in many places. Didn't lose my butt on any of them sold, but I didn't get rich. Wasn't "Smarter than a 5th Grader" on that, and gave up my ambition of being the Queen of the old JDs in the Northwest!! So, I don't play that game anymore. I'm always looking, but not buying. We don't need a great big tractor here; the 420U does pretty much what we need to do since we have nothing that needs to be tilled but a large garden space. 2 neighbors have back-hoes, and one of them has a couple of seriously big tractors if needed. :|

JSCATTLE":3ib9dayb said:
I still don't see it being worth more than my house .... Or for that matter my cab tractor ...
That's ok, I see it as interesting but nothing that impresses me.

JSCATTLE":3qr49brv said:
I still don't see it being worth more than my house .... Or for that matter my cab tractor ...
JS there are five for sale on Dallas CL now. Just type in "Massey 135". They range from $2500 to $6000 for a very nice restored model. :lol: i guess we all live in grass huts and teepees. :lol:

I love restored, old working tractors, no matter the make. Would love to see a pic of it MF .

They are pretty cool especially if you have done the work yourself. Still in my wish list,maybe when we retire Mr HD and I can tackle that one together . :D

Latest posts