Slaughter bull

Help Support CattleToday:

TSR

Reaction score
Any of you ever slaughtered a virgin bull?? It seems i remembered hearing somewhere that virgin bulls were the best beef you could raise all other things being equal. I have got one I am thinking about slaughtering is why I am asking.

"Virgin Bull" Is this bull kept is a pen of bulls? If so I doubt it is a virgin bull. Our butcher says the flowing testosterone of bulls tends to make them tougher.

TSR...,

As a guide.. if there wasn't a negative effect of the meat from the T...the feeders for premium beef would want the animals left intact for feeding because of the greater conversion of feed to growth.

We leave them intact until 5-6 months old for faster WW and shipment weight of 550-650#.

I worked in a butcher shop for a while. We always used bull meat to lean up the hamburger; you cant find leaner meat. I have no idea of the age of the bulls; I am sure most of them to be old. As for dry humpin; I have seen plenty of excited bulls hit the hole in the bull pen :eek: . Wasn't pretty but in todays age no so uncommon :lol2:

Latest posts