Sitting in the DA's witness room with a long day and week ahead of me.

Help Support CattleToday:

Dairy queens right across the street
Not sure what made me think of this but several of the Dairy Queens down that way are pretty old and haven't been remodled yet. We always like to stop at them. Several years ago I sat in the Johnson City DQ drive through for probably 20 minutes to get a shake and and ice cream cone. When I left Instead of going straight I kinda catty cornered to the exit and hit one of those parking blocks so hard I think my head hit the roof. We laugh about it everytime we go by there. I bet those girls thought WTH was that idiot thinking. 🤣 we always have a good trip going through that area but are usually in a hurry. Went through Weatherford this time and that courthouse was amazing.

Last edited:
20220407_143253.jpg
Not the best pic. Town was pretty cool to drive through too. Stopped at the old DQ to eat. Service was terrible cuz they didn't have any help but did have a few laughs at the girls bickering and the food was good.

Not sure what made me think of this but several of the Dairy Queens down that way are pretty old and haven't been remodled yet. We always like to stop at them. Several years ago I sat in the Johnson City DQ drive through for probably 20 minutes to get a shake and and ice cream cone. When I left Instead of going straight I kinda catty cornered to the exit and hit one of those parking blocks so hard I think my head hit the roof. We laugh about it everytime we go by there. I bet those girls thought WTH was that idiot thinking. 🤣 we always have a good trip going through that area but are usually in a hurry. Went through Weatherford this time and that courthouse was amazing.
I get to excited to be driving when I get to have a DQ come to.

Warren Buffett owns DQ. He is the principal reason the Keystone Pipeline was shut down.
He wanted to haul oil in UP tanker cars instead. Dial Dial, Hello Joe?
We do not stop at DQ.

Dairy Queen used to be our go to ice cream place, ever once in while would stop off and get ice cream. Now that we have a Cookout in town that's become our new favorite. They serve a lot of different milkshakes, and food is good and priced a little under the rest of the places too.
When we go to Oklahoma, it's Braums.

Not sure what made me think of this but several of the Dairy Queens down that way are pretty old and haven't been remodled yet.
A lot of Dariy Queen's are Franchises and if the Franchisee doesn't want to spend the money to upgrade, he won't. From what I have seen, DQ is pretty lax on that, unlike say a McDonalds.

Dairy Queen used to be our go to ice cream place, ever once in while would stop off and get ice cream. Now that we have a Cookout in town that's become our new favorite. They serve a lot of different milkshakes, and food is good and priced a little under the rest of the places too.
When we go to Oklahoma, it's Braums.
Braums used to be one of the best places around to eat, at least for fast food. In the last few years they've really gone downhill. They still have good ice cream and the stuff in the grocery store is always good. I think chain restraunts have just started using cheaper ingredients to stay competitive and it really shows.

Braums used to be one of the best places around to eat, at least for fast food. In the last few years they've really gone downhill. They still have good ice cream and the stuff in the grocery store is always good. I think chain restraunts have just started using cheaper ingredients to stay competitive and it really shows.
I'd say your right on that, everything seems that way.

I go to Dairy Queen only because they are the only place in town to get a malt.
Used to be able to get one at Sonic but they stopped making them but will still make a milk shake. Why--I don't know.. Only difference between a milk shake and a malted milk shake is a 1/2 tablespoon of
malt.jpg

Testified yesterday for about 40 minutes. Prosecution has rested it's case and defense has mounted it's own.I was told I am the only witness not released from oath and can be expected to be recalled friday by the defense when trial resumes. (no court today, as the county currently has no full time court reporter and has to 'borrow' one from another county.... again)

That is amazing to me. Around here, criminal court judges pretty much have a dedicated court reporter.
The county is small. 28,000 total and their long time court reporter died from covid last year and the alternate (one of my neighbors) had become full time care taker for her mom until mom passed away last week and she's still dealing with that loss.

Finally over Friday. Guilty verdict class 2 felony , (assault with a deadly weapon) and after a long line of friends and neighbors testified on the shooter's behalf, the jury gave him 5 years probated sentence. He could have gotten 20 years hard time.

The prosecutor, previous to the verdict and sentencing had stated he would be content and satisfied with whatever the jury said in either instance, but once the jury selected basically the least severe sentence, he came back and asked the judge for the defendant to be immediately remanded into custody for 60 days, AND that every year for 5 years, that he serve 90 days Oct-Jan1 as part of his probation.
(He had promised in full court, to the 'victim' and his mother that they would get to see the defendant walk out of the courtroom in shackles and handcuffs)

Judge looked at him, said emphatically "NO!-and stop being an ass".

The prosecutor is new, had previously worked in Harris County, then in Montgomery County (was reportedly fired from Montgomery county) and ended up here and is going to be running for DA next year. He will not win.

In my opinion, the conviction was a travesty of justice and for the 1st time in 72 years, I have lost faith in the US justice system.
Strong words to come later.

Latest posts